Post removed. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: Kaplan-Admissions Officer survey

Post by Ti Malice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm

No doubt they'll still try to portray their admissions processes as "holistic."

TigerDude

Bronze

Post by TigerDude » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:51 pm

They pretty clearly said the LSAT is the single most important thing

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 pm

TigerDude wrote:They pretty clearly said the LSAT is the single most important thing
That's nice, but there's a yawning gap between "the LSAT is the most important thing" and "in the vast majority of cases, your LSAT/GPA combo will be dispositive."

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cicero76

Silver

Post by Cicero76 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:18 am

MistakenGenius wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:
TigerDude wrote:They pretty clearly said the LSAT is the single most important thing
That's nice, but there's a yawning gap between "the LSAT is the most important thing" and "in the vast majority of cases, your LSAT/GPA combo will be dispositive."
You should probably listen to what they have to say instead of making incorrect assumptions Malice. They were honest about how important the numbers were. They said the LSAT was by far the most important followed by the GPA. They said a personal statement can make them fall in love with you, but you have to have the numbers. In fact, one guy asked a question. He said that he had a high GPA, incredible recommendations, and a good personal statement but a low LSAT. He wanted to know if they'd overlook it. They said he has to have the LSAT and probably would not get in without it. They honestly sounded a lot like TLS, though they did take a shot at TLS at one point. However, they were still pretty much the opposite of holistic, but nice try.
What was the shot at TLS?

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 am

MistakenGenius wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:
You should probably listen to what they have to say instead of making incorrect assumptions Malice. They were honest about how important the numbers were. They said the LSAT was by far the most important followed by the GPA. They said a personal statement can make them fall in love with you, but you have to have the numbers. In fact, one guy asked a question. He said that he had a high GPA, incredible recommendations, and a good personal statement but a low LSAT. He wanted to know if they'd overlook it. They said he has to have the LSAT and probably would not get in without it. They honestly sounded a lot like TLS, though they did take a shot at TLS at one point. However, they were still pretty much the opposite of holistic, but nice try.
Nah, I don't really care what these particular people said -- at least not enough to spend time listening to their advice. Glad to hear they were straight-up about things. I just felt like dumping on adcomms/schools in general for their too-common invocation of holism when describing the admissions process. Try not to get so worked up about it.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am

Cicero76 wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:
What was the shot at TLS?
I skipped around looking for it so I don't know if this is it but there was a part where they talked about law school messageboards and the host said he wouldn't mention any names because he didn't want to promote them. He seemed really disgusted when he said it for some reason. Then he said there are stories of people's posts having detrimental effects on their candidacy. The NYU admissions dude said that the boards are "unmoderated" and that people make stuff up. Then this horrible barren shitboomer shrew was like 'why are they asking questions on the internet when they could just call Fordham and ask us!' I had to turn it off after that.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vicpin5190

Silver

Post by vicpin5190 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:11 am

Ludovico Technique wrote: I skipped around looking for it so I don't know if this is it but there was a part where they talked about law school messageboards and the host said he wouldn't mention any names because he didn't want to promote them. He seemed really disgusted when he said it for some reason. Then he said there are stories of people's posts having detrimental effects on their candidacy. The NYU admissions dude said that the boards are "unmoderated" and that people make stuff up. Then this horrible barren shitboomer shrew was like 'why are they asking questions on the internet when they could just call Fordham and ask us!' I had to turn it off after that.
I remember watching that part and being like "oh, he mad". But their reactions don't quite honestly surprise me at all.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 am

vicpin5190 wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote: I skipped around looking for it so I don't know if this is it but there was a part where they talked about law school messageboards and the host said he wouldn't mention any names because he didn't want to promote them. He seemed really disgusted when he said it for some reason. Then he said there are stories of people's posts having detrimental effects on their candidacy. The NYU admissions dude said that the boards are "unmoderated" and that people make stuff up. Then this horrible barren shitboomer shrew was like 'why are they asking questions on the internet when they could just call Fordham and ask us!' I had to turn it off after that.
I remember watching that part and being like "oh, he mad". But their reactions don't quite honestly surprise me at all.
Of course Adcoms don't like TLS. We encourage people to retake until they will get $$$, not to ED in most cases, and not to apply to schools where they have no chance.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm

lol at kaplan. noobs. come get me adcoms.

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 pm

zzz

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”