splitter dilemma (3.2/175)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
typicalsplitter

splitter dilemma (3.2/175)

Postby typicalsplitter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Would like some input on the following situation:

I'm considering whether to apply ED to UChicago. Numbers are 3.2/175. I have decent LORs (I think), but not great other softs. Just graduated college, and currently working as an SAT tutor. No firm plan about what I want to pursue after graduation; big law and PI are both on the table. I'm definitely going to apply for clerkships, but that's not really something I can count on, obviously.

Pros: From limited myLSN data, it seems like there's a small ED bump for splitters.
Cons: I could potentially get money at lower T-14s (NU? Georgetown?), and perhaps substantial money outside the top 14 (WUSTL).

I would strongly prefer to be in Chicago for the next three years, because that's where my girlfriend is going to med school. Don't really know where I want to be after graduation.

Do you guys think the ED bump is real/substantial? What are my chances for money at lower T-14s and non-T14s? Thanks!

cotiger

Re: splitter dilemma (3.2/175)

Postby cotiger » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Chicago has a very solid ED bump. I have no idea whether you'd actually get in (gut feeling no), but it could be worth your while to go that route.

Luckily for you, you're basically guaranteed Northwestern, with possibly some money.

If WUSTL keeps doing what they do, yes you could get big-time money from them. However, I don't really think that that would be worth it to do for you, considering the likely NU admit and desire to be in Chicago.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”