Chicago (Hyde Park) Crime

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: Chicago (Hyde Park) Crime

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:46 pm

The murders were targeted and inside of an apartment complex, I'm sorry but what exactly was UCPD supposed to do? Your chances of getting mugged/shot/killed/robbed/etc in Hyde Park as a rational, normal-behaving adult are almost identical to your chances of the same in Ann Arbor, Charlottesville, NYC, Ithaca or wherever. If you start adding confounding factors in (A huge affinity for 3 am walks, a restless spirit that insists on roaming outside of safer neighborhoods, a compulsion to wave your iPhone in the air while yelling, frequent public intoxication, etc) then bad things are more likely to happen. Hint: They are more likely to happen everywhere you go, behave with common sense and you will be fine.

I can think of many reasons not to go to UChi (Class size too small, finances, weather, some sort of aversion to employment) but safety should really not be one of them.

LSATSCORES2012

Re: Chicago (Hyde Park) Crime

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:49 pm

2014 wrote:The murders were targeted and inside of an apartment complex, I'm sorry but what exactly was UCPD supposed to do? Your chances of getting mugged/shot/killed/robbed/etc in Hyde Park as a rational, normal-behaving adult are almost identical to your chances of the same in Ann Arbor, Charlottesville, NYC, Ithaca or wherever. If you start adding confounding factors in (A huge affinity for 3 am walks, a restless spirit that insists on roaming outside of safer neighborhoods, a compulsion to wave your iPhone in the air while yelling, frequent public intoxication, etc) then bad things are more likely to happen. Hint: They are more likely to happen everywhere you go, behave with common sense and you will be fine.

I can think of many reasons not to go to UChi (Class size too small, finances, weather, some sort of aversion to employment) but safety should really not be one of them.

:lol:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”