Are there pretty girls in law school? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Are there pretty girls in law school?

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:14 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
jingosaur wrote:Still a 0L, but I feel like aim for the undergrads is TCR.

As someone who went to a Southern school, I strongly endorse all Southern private schools except for Duke as schools with very attractive undergrads.
We should probably cut Vandy and Emory from this list as well
Lol, have you ever been to Vanderbilt?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Brains >>> beauty

Looks fade fast

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Nova wrote:Brains >>> beauty

Looks fade fast
A good indicator is a girl's mother. If the mom is fine, you've got a dime.

BadAsIWantToBreathe

New

Post by BadAsIWantToBreathe » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
jingosaur wrote:Still a 0L, but I feel like aim for the undergrads is TCR.

As someone who went to a Southern school, I strongly endorse all Southern private schools except for Duke as schools with very attractive undergrads.
We should probably cut Vandy and Emory from this list as well
Lol, have you ever been to Vanderbilt?
This.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:34 am

t-14orbust wrote:
jbagelboy wrote: ETA: Although Mono does consider Kate Upton only marginally attractive, so his standards are unbelievably high.
Until now, I saw mono as a rational and objective thinker. I don't know what to believe anymore :? Maybe he needs his eyes checked

edit: Columbia must have some hotties if he considers them "good looking" lol
TBF Kate Upton is sorta shaped like Spongebob, though not like on a Ke$ha level

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:00 am

there's lots of cuties and a handful of knockouts.. don't be a fucking weirdo and you'll be fine.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 am

desiballa21 wrote:don't be a fucking weirdo

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
desiballa21 wrote:don't be a fucking weirdo
Lol

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Last edited by Myself on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sopranorleone

Bronze

Post by sopranorleone » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:48 pm

No, this video could well be about law school -- or at least the way TTTs advertise it to be: http://www.snotr.com/video/3164/The_US_Army__Aww_Yeah

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Crowing wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
jbagelboy wrote: ETA: Although Mono does consider Kate Upton only marginally attractive, so his standards are unbelievably high.
Until now, I saw mono as a rational and objective thinker. I don't know what to believe anymore :? Maybe he needs his eyes checked

edit: Columbia must have some hotties if he considers them "good looking" lol
TBF Kate Upton is sorta shaped like Spongebob, though not like on a Ke$ha level
True story: My standards are actually insanely low, comparatively. I would sleep with probably 90% of the women in my age range. Not even Cooley is that accepting.

When you start having conversations about who the hottest woman alive is, then yes, I get a little nitpicky. I would generally object to calling a woman with her body a little chubby with absolutely no behind because it would be holding someone to an unrealistic standard...but conversations about the hottest woman in the world are explicitly about holding someone to an unrealistic standard. Don't get me wrong, I'd still sleep with her in half a heartbeat and tell everyone I know (if only for the notoriety). She's still hot. But to me, she's just basic hot, not meteoric hot. If you took away the whole "great story" aspect of it, there are a handful of CLS 1Ls I would sleep with before I slept with Upton. For every guy, there's usually one girl for whom he can't understand why everyone else thinks she's much hotter than he does. But whatever, that's just me. Call me crazy.

Back on track: If a red-blooded male can say he finds some law school girls more desirable than Kate Upton, you'll be okay, I promise.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:26 pm

TTIWWOP

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:34 pm

jbagelboy wrote:(Disclaimer: not a mysogenist)
jbagelboy wrote:mysogenist
You're better than this, jbb. :P
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:a type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bro.
Well, you're one of these things. ;)

Anyways, the girls here are the same mix of every imaginable trait as they were in UG, they're just generally more intelligent. If Mono ever gets near one, I'll point them to this thread. :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Lunaraeon is currently sitting next to me in the library and laughing at me while I stare at him for posting that.
If Mono ever gets near one, I'll point them to this thread.
Being my designated cockblocker around law school girls is a bit like shooting a terminal patient. You can say you did it, but the result is pretty predetermined anyway.

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Being my designated cockblocker around law school girls is a bit like shooting a terminal patient. You can say you did it, but the result is pretty predetermined anyway.
Hm, not sure why you turned to me before and asked me which you were. Seems you know :P

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 pm

You guys are cute

Steveloblaw

Bronze

Post by Steveloblaw » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 am

jbagelboy wrote:You guys are cute
That's one word for it...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BadAsIWantToBreathe

New

Post by BadAsIWantToBreathe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm

moonman157 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:There are a handful, but they receive an unevenly distributed amount of attention from all the type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bros so the ratio is not in your favor. Being here with my SO, I wouldn't know much about the prowl myself, but it definitey doesnt seem like the right environment to pursue those "9s and 10s".

There's always other grad programs and UG students, depending on the school, but your interactions with them are not (as far as I can tell) significant aside from prior acquaintences.

(Disclaimer: not a mysogenist)
This is incredibly true.
Perhaps I can offer some thoughts as a type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bro.

CLS 1Ls are, on the whole, a pretty attractive group of people. More attractive than my UG for sure. That doesn't mean there are absolute knockouts. Just a whole lot of good-looking folks. There are four or five Barbie type ex-sorority girls who always have like six dudes around them like lapdogs, which is strange because although they're pretty, they're not so life-changingly beautiful that it's worth your time to mack on them when there are five other guys right there. I can make these observations because, as we say, law school is kind of like high school again. It would've been much harder for me to tell at UG, with much more people and a more wide open space. But here, there are significantly fewer people, and we spend a lot of our time in the same building. So you see the same shit over and over again. And although people aren't quite as interested with who's sleeping with whom as they might have been in high school, word does get around.

A whole lot of pretty girls who don't go out drinking four nights a week fly under the alpha bro radar; oftentimes they're significantly more interesting than the girl who's always at the bar. If you go to a decent school, you might find that some of the bullshit that you used in UG won't fly because the girls at your school are a lot smarter. Take advantage of that. I've had nights where I spent hours talking to one or two really smart, really interesting girls and those nights were awesome. And then I've had nights that I spent trying to out-alpha other dudes in front of some Barbie type where it becomes obvious that each of us is actually boring the hell out of the other. You never walk away from that thinking "time well spent."

But in general, act like a normal fucking human being and girls will talk to you. The type of guy who would base a $250k decision on how hot the girls are is the usually the type of guy a woman would never ever sleep with.
You know how I know you're gay?

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:08 pm

BadAsIWantToBreathe wrote:
moonman157 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:There are a handful, but they receive an unevenly distributed amount of attention from all the type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bros so the ratio is not in your favor. Being here with my SO, I wouldn't know much about the prowl myself, but it definitey doesnt seem like the right environment to pursue those "9s and 10s".

There's always other grad programs and UG students, depending on the school, but your interactions with them are not (as far as I can tell) significant aside from prior acquaintences.

(Disclaimer: not a mysogenist)
This is incredibly true.
Perhaps I can offer some thoughts as a type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bro.

CLS 1Ls are, on the whole, a pretty attractive group of people. More attractive than my UG for sure. That doesn't mean there are absolute knockouts. Just a whole lot of good-looking folks. There are four or five Barbie type ex-sorority girls who always have like six dudes around them like lapdogs, which is strange because although they're pretty, they're not so life-changingly beautiful that it's worth your time to mack on them when there are five other guys right there. I can make these observations because, as we say, law school is kind of like high school again. It would've been much harder for me to tell at UG, with much more people and a more wide open space. But here, there are significantly fewer people, and we spend a lot of our time in the same building. So you see the same shit over and over again. And although people aren't quite as interested with who's sleeping with whom as they might have been in high school, word does get around.

A whole lot of pretty girls who don't go out drinking four nights a week fly under the alpha bro radar; oftentimes they're significantly more interesting than the girl who's always at the bar. If you go to a decent school, you might find that some of the bullshit that you used in UG won't fly because the girls at your school are a lot smarter. Take advantage of that. I've had nights where I spent hours talking to one or two really smart, really interesting girls and those nights were awesome. And then I've had nights that I spent trying to out-alpha other dudes in front of some Barbie type where it becomes obvious that each of us is actually boring the hell out of the other. You never walk away from that thinking "time well spent."

But in general, act like a normal fucking human being and girls will talk to you. The type of guy who would base a $250k decision on how hot the girls are is the usually the type of guy a woman would never ever sleep with.
Dude is a fucking clown. CLS admitted a real weirdo last cycle.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote: Perhaps I can offer some thoughts as a type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bro.

BadAsIWantToBreathe

New

Post by BadAsIWantToBreathe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:39 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote: Perhaps I can offer some thoughts as a type-A sex-deprived polo-adorned ex-frat bro.

List the following:

Your undergraduate GPA
Your undergraduate major
Your LSAT score
Your "resume/volunteer/experience"

Also write a brief statement about how it feels like going to a t6 law school? (250 words or less).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_dawg18

New

Post by law_dawg18 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

BadAsIWantToBreathe wrote:I'm talking 10/10 heavenly blessed beauties?

And do people have time to go clubbing on the weekends and smash sloots?
repped...

Tlucidum

New

Post by Tlucidum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:13 am

law_dawg18 wrote:
BadAsIWantToBreathe wrote:I'm talking 10/10 heavenly blessed beauties?

And do people have time to go clubbing on the weekends and smash sloots?
repped...
*TLS Aesthetics Crew*

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 am

I find so many threads on TLS to be so uplifting, including this one. This is so great. As a woman, I'm so looking forward to get to know my male counterparts after reading this thread. Good luck to you all. You will need it.

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 am

THAT AWKWARD MOMENT RIGHT BROS HAHA POUND IT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”