C/O 2016 Class Profiles

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby banjo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

kappycaft1 actually compiled historical splits and medians for the T14: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... SlE&gid=31

CLS hasn't had a 171 median since c/o 2008. They've had a 172 median seven years in a row. They also cut their class size for c/o 2015. I am not sure how much financial aid they gave out this year, but I predict they maintain 170-172-174.

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Somebody at SLS knows how to manage a wait list. Class size for c/o 2012-2015 hasn't deviated a single person from 180.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Yukos » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 am

bouleversement wrote:Somebody at SLS knows how to manage a wait list. Class size for c/o 2012-2015 hasn't deviated a single person from 180.


180.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2200
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby jingosaur » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 am

longlivetheking wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:Any chance one of Columbia, NYU, or Penn take an LSAT median hit?


CLS: I doubt it. Seemed like the guidelines for 170-172 remained roughly as they were in past years. But a big school that didn't really drop class size, so I suppose it's possible. They haven't told us anything regarding numbers.
NYU: Probably. I would've said maybe before based on the fact that they seemed quite eager to pull in 170s with GPAs they may not have taken in years past. Plus they're big enough so that smaller differences are magnified. But now that they have 168/172 splits, I'd say 170 seems likely to follow.
Penn: I doubt it, based on pretty robust rejection rates of 170+. But if Michigan and UVA both dropped, it's on the table.

Of course, clearly my predictive skills suck, so take my words with a grain of salt.



seriously though how is penn rejecting all those 170s? this has gotta be one of biggest mysteries of the 2012-2013 cycle.


What's this noise about Penn rejecting 170's?!?!?!?

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

Yukos wrote:
bouleversement wrote:Somebody at SLS knows how to manage a wait list. Class size for c/o 2012-2015 hasn't deviated a single person from 180.


180.


But of course...

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Yukos wrote:
bouleversement wrote:Somebody at SLS knows how to manage a wait list. Class size for c/o 2012-2015 hasn't deviated a single person from 180.


180.


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Might we see Harvard lowering the GPA floor in order to preserve the 173 median?

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:17 pm

bouleversement wrote:Might we see Harvard lowering the GPA floor in order to preserve the 173 median?


Some suggest this has already taken place. That Harvard used to have a 3.7 floor but were more amenable to 3.5 and 3.6 this cycle.

Compare

Image

with

Image

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby 20141023 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I really wish that the other T14 shared this data.


I'll second that.

It looks like before long HYSCCN will be the only 170+ schools. I could see a further relaxation of GPA floors to maintain that exclusivity.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2200
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby jingosaur » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but this is the most recent data (Class of 2015) for Yale from the latest ABA Official Guide:

Image

It is interesting to see that Yale literally has "hard floors" of 3.5 for GPA and 155 for LSAT that bring one's chances to 0% if they don't meet them. I really wish that the other T14 shared this data. :|

EDIT: I just noticed that the total for admits with 3.50-3.74 GPAs is wrong... the ABA should have it showing as "30" instead of "3."


I also love how lawyers at numbers.

ABA also made an addition mistake on the ABA format results. "Employed Total" for the "Long Term Full Time" in the job type break-out table (3rd table down) has 203 instead of 206. Someone needs to teach the ABA how to use the SUM function...

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=yale&show=ABA

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Cicero76 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:48 pm

jingosaur wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but this is the most recent data (Class of 2015) for Yale from the latest ABA Official Guide:

Image

It is interesting to see that Yale literally has "hard floors" of 3.5 for GPA and 155 for LSAT that bring one's chances to 0% if they don't meet them. I really wish that the other T14 shared this data. :|

EDIT: I just noticed that the total for admits with 3.50-3.74 GPAs is wrong... the ABA should have it showing as "30" instead of "3."


I also love how lawyers at numbers.

ABA also made an addition mistake on the ABA format results. "Employed Total" for the "Long Term Full Time" in the job type break-out table (3rd table down) has 203 instead of 206. Someone needs to teach the ABA how to use the SUM function...

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=yale&show=ABA


An interesting thing to note: Yale sent all of us students an email with the full employment info of everyone who responded to their employment survey from the class of 2012. Not just what type of job, but very specific. As in "so and so is an associate at the Delaware office of Amnesty International." It was very interesting, useful, and informative. By far the most complete and specific employment info I've ever seen. But it's not public and we aren't allowed to share, which is wise considering the absurd amount of personal information involved.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby 20141023 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tirakon
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby tirakon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but this is the most recent data (Class of 2015) for Yale from the latest ABA Official Guide:


It is interesting to see that Yale literally has "hard floors" of 3.5 for GPA and 155 for LSAT that bring one's chances to 0% if they don't meet them. I really wish that the other T14 shared this data. :|

EDIT: I just noticed that the total for admits with 3.50-3.74 GPAs is wrong... the ABA should have it showing as "30" instead of "3."


I also love how lawyers at numbers.

ABA also made an addition mistake on the ABA format results. "Employed Total" for the "Long Term Full Time" in the job type break-out table (3rd table down) has 203 instead of 206. Someone needs to teach the ABA how to use the SUM function...

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=yale&show=ABA


An interesting thing to note: Yale sent all of us students an email with the full employment info of everyone who responded to their employment survey from the class of 2012. Not just what type of job, but very specific. As in "so and so is an associate at the Delaware office of Amnesty International." It was very interesting, useful, and informative. By far the most complete and specific employment info I've ever seen. But it's not public and we aren't allowed to share, which is wise considering the absurd amount of personal information involved.


Not even just for the class of 2012. They also sent us very specific lists for what current students are doing over the summer. I agree with Cicero, it was very interesting and useful.

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Some suggest this has already taken place. That Harvard used to have a 3.7 floor but were more amenable to 3.5 and 3.6 this cycle.


Is it not beyond the realm of possibility then that we may find as early as c/o 2017 170+ applicants with a competitive advantage at HYSCCN and a competitive disadvantage at the lower T14?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2200
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby jingosaur » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 pm

bouleversement wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Some suggest this has already taken place. That Harvard used to have a 3.7 floor but were more amenable to 3.5 and 3.6 this cycle.


Is it not beyond the realm of possibility then that we may find as early as c/o 2017 170+ applicants with a competitive advantage at HYSCCN and a competitive disadvantage at the lower T14?


Right now, I think that's crazy talk, but it's definitely possible. People with 170/3.75 are getting $80k to $120k at the lower T14 right now and $60 at UVA when 3-4 years ago, they were getting like $45k at the lower T14 and sticker at UVA if they even got in. Maybe top law schools will start being like business schools and taking a more "holistic" approach to admissions to justify the lower numbers.

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 pm

When is or is there a standard date that this admissions data has to be made public?

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby bouleversement » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Spivey said the schools get data to the ABA by October. Don't know when it is released by the ABA.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 pm

bouleversement wrote:Spivey said the schools get data to the ABA by October. Don't know when it is released by the ABA.


I don't know when it is required, but GW said they'd release their numbers after they submit them in October. I'd imagine we'll get some other schools at that point too.

User avatar
Sinatra
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Sinatra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Columbia posted.

LSAT:
169 171 173

GPA:
3.54 3.70 3.81
Last edited by Sinatra on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Vincent » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Sinatra wrote:Columbia posted.

LSAT:
169 170 173

GPA:
3.54 3.70 3.81


That LSAT is the average LSAT. Median is 171.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby twenty » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Vincent wrote: Median is 171.


Still. Shit.

User avatar
Sinatra
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby Sinatra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Vincent wrote:
Sinatra wrote:Columbia posted.

LSAT:
169 170 173

GPA:
3.54 3.70 3.81


That LSAT is the average LSAT. Median is 171.

My bad. edited. Still down a point.

JurisDoctorSeuss
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby JurisDoctorSeuss » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:59 am

Georgetown University Law Center reported their class size, median LSAT, and median GPA in a local paper, which Leiter posted: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

2013 Entering Class
Median GPA: 3.75 +.03
Median LSAT: 168 -1
Class Size: 544 -31 or 5.39%

2012 Entering Class
Median GPA: 3.72 25%/75% 3.43/3.82
Median LSAT: 169 25%/75% 165/170
Class Size: 575

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... eneral.cfm

JurisDoctorSeuss
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Re: C/O 2016 Class Profiles

Postby JurisDoctorSeuss » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:13 am

Cornell posted their numbers: http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... ration.cfm

2013 Entering Class (195 Matriculants)[Based off info from this article: http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/PubArt ... &thepage=2]

25% GPA: 3.52
Median GPA: 3.66
75% GPA: 3.73

25% LSAT: 165
Median LSAT: 167
75% LSAT: 167


2012 Entering Class (194 Matriculants)
25% GPA: 3.54
Median GPA: 3.68
75% GPA: 3.77

25% LSAT: 166
Median LSAT: 167
75% LSAT: 169




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger and 2 guests