BC or Rutgers Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
yaleber

New

BC or Rutgers

Post by yaleber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 pm

It's late. I get that. I have 4 days until orientation at BC and I've moved in and actually bought text books. Only I'm having second thoughts about attending considering I'd like to eventually practice in NJ. My concern is that NJ is really underrepresented in terms of 2012 graduate job placements. I got into RU Newark but decided against it largely because of the reputation differences. I also thought BC would provide a higher degree of quality in instruction. Is RU worth it for the alumni networking over BC's advantages? I'm trying to think through my options here. Again I know it's late, but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I would really appreciate any insight you guys might have!

Gunnar Stahl

Silver

Re: BC or Rutgers

Post by Gunnar Stahl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm

COA for each?

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 pm

If all you want to do is work smallaw or local/state government in Jersey, then you screwed up, especially if you are paying sticker.

"thought BC would provide a higher degree of quality in instruction"

God damnit. Look, the difference between the profs at Rutgers and at BC is that the profs at Rutgers clerked for a flyover COA instead of 2/7/9/DC, or that they publish in slightly higher ranked law reviews. That has nothing to do with the quality of teaching, which is probably exactly the same.

Informative

Bronze

Post by Informative » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am

BC places decently in NY/NJ/PA, and significantly better in biglaw in the northeast generally. I don't believe Rutgers has much of a track record in biglaw, at least not through OCI.

Comparing BC to Rutgers is comparing apples to oranges. The differences are significant enough.
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... ctive=true

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 am

Informative wrote:BC places decently in NY/NJ/PA, and significantly better in biglaw in the northeast generally. I don't believe Rutgers has much of a track record in biglaw, at least not through OCI.

Comparing BC to Rutgers is comparing apples to oranges. The differences are significant enough.
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... ctive=true
None of this makes BC worth sticker or close to it. We still don't know COA but Rutgers is probably the better choice unless OP got huge money to BC.

Informative

Bronze

Post by Informative » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 am

No one said it did, bud.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”