Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Cicero76 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Jesus, UF only got 10 million from Levin

legallycali
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby legallycali » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 am

How many spots will Chapman move in the 2014 Rankings ?A $55 Million donation is significant.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 am

Chapman will be for sure T50, maybe T30.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 am

Dr. Dre wrote:Chapman will be for sure T50, maybe T30.


I can totally see that. If they drop those sTTTips on their scholarships, I'd actually consider attending on a full ride. Love Orange County and have my life here. Wouldn't mind spending another 3 years here for free and gun for that DA position.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:18 am

ManoftheHour wrote:Love Orange County and have my life here.



are you married breh?

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby jselson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:19 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:Chapman will be for sure T50, maybe T30.


I can totally see that. If they drop those sTTTips on their scholarships, I'd actually consider attending on a full ride. Love Orange County and have my life here. Wouldn't mind spending another 3 years here for free and gun for that DA position.


Orange County owns, but Orange in Orange County is the worst.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby t-14orbust » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:20 am

jselson wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:Chapman will be for sure T50, maybe T30.


I can totally see that. If they drop those sTTTips on their scholarships, I'd actually consider attending on a full ride. Love Orange County and have my life here. Wouldn't mind spending another 3 years here for free and gun for that DA position.


Orange County owns, but Orange in Orange County is the worst.


Santa Ana is pretty shitty

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 am

the only credited parts in orange county are South orange county—e.i., newport beach, san clemente, mission viejo, coto de caza, etc.

the closer you get to L.A the shiTTTier it gets

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Love Orange County and have my life here.



are you married breh?


No, but it's pretty serious. Talked about it. High school sweetheart.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am

Dr. Dre wrote:the only credited parts in orange county are South orange county—e.i., newport beach, san clemente, mission viejo, coto de caza, etc.

the closer you get to L.A the shiTTTier it gets


TCR.

Parts of Costa Mesa are nice...the parts that are close to Newport.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Love Orange County and have my life here.



are you married breh?


No, but it's pretty serious. Talked about it. High school sweetheart.


nice nice. I use to have a high school sweetheart—she cheated and broke my heart

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby jselson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:28 am

t-14orbust wrote:
jselson wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:Chapman will be for sure T50, maybe T30.


I can totally see that. If they drop those sTTTips on their scholarships, I'd actually consider attending on a full ride. Love Orange County and have my life here. Wouldn't mind spending another 3 years here for free and gun for that DA position.


Orange County owns, but Orange in Orange County is the worst.


Santa Ana is pretty shitty


Santa Ana and Westminster have some of the best "ethnic" food in the world, so no. Costa Mesa as some great food, too.

Orange has some decent bbq places, tho, at least as far as SoCal bbq goes (which ain't far).

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 am

jselson wrote:
Santa Ana and Westminster have some of the best "ethnic" food in the world, so no. Costa Mesa as some great food, too.

Orange has some decent bbq places, tho, at least as far as SoCal bbq goes (which ain't far).


Pho in Westminster is bomb. Open 24/7 too. So many awesome Vietnamese spots on Bolsa.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:37 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Love Orange County and have my life here.



are you married breh?


No, but it's pretty serious. Talked about it. High school sweetheart.


nice nice. I use to have a high school sweetheart—she cheated and broke my heart


It's okay. You'll get HYS and she'll regret it every day for the rest of her life.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:38 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Love Orange County and have my life here.



are you married breh?


No, but it's pretty serious. Talked about it. High school sweetheart.


nice nice. I use to have a high school sweetheart—she cheated and broke my heart


Let me guess, she (or her lover) went to UCI?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Lasers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:03 am

jselson wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
jselson wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
I can totally see that. If they drop those sTTTips on their scholarships, I'd actually consider attending on a full ride. Love Orange County and have my life here. Wouldn't mind spending another 3 years here for free and gun for that DA position.


Orange County owns, but Orange in Orange County is the worst.


Santa Ana is pretty shitty


Santa Ana and Westminster have some of the best "ethnic" food in the world, so no.

too true. but i think those spots are more places to visit rather than live.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby twenty » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:16 am

The "Orange" around Chapman is pretty cool. Irvine's nicer, but you could do a lot worse than living in Orange.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Cobretti » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:34 pm

The best part about this is its just billionaire orange county real estate moguls having a dick swinging contest. Bren could come back with another $30M to UCI, who knows.

User avatar
KD35
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby KD35 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Chapman also scores because now it isn't AS obvious that you go to Chapman law school when you say you go to the "Dale E. Fowler School of Law."

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:35 pm

KD35 wrote:Chapman also scores because now it isn't AS obvious that you go to Chapman law school when you say you go to the "Dale E. Fowler School of Law."


That doesn't help at all. Both names sound TTT.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:17 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby twenty » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:28 pm

The thing is, Levin, Beverly, and now Fowler are only known by their overarching university's names, anyway.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Yukos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:24 am

You people need to learn Orange County's boundaries. USC to OC in under 30 is definitely possible:

Image


(Have to admit it was kinda fun finding a way to do that. There's probably faster out there but that was the best I could find.)

Living in OC as a lawyer would be legit once you get older but it would be soooo shitty as a 27-year-old associate. I want to have kids before I move out to the subdivision.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:57 am

OC col is fucking ridiculous! If you want kids, good luck sending them to quality school if you don't want to cop dat private school education

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chapman Law to be renamed Dale E. Fowler School of Law

Postby Yukos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 am

Dr. Dre wrote:OC col is fucking ridiculous! If you want kids, good luck sending them to quality school if you don't want to cop dat private school education


What? OC schools are fine. I can't speak for Santa Ana but I have family who went to schools in what you'd typically think of as "Orange County" (Irvine, El Toro, Huntington Beach) and they were all just normal middle-class schools. And OC CoL isn't that bad unless you're in Newport or close to the beach in Huntington. It's the suburbs, land is (relatively) cheap.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, SweetTort and 4 guests