What would you do?!?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where would you go (read OP first)?

Harvard, stupid. It's too late to change
20%
Stanford- short-term pain, long-term gain
80%

Total votes: 89

heyman86us

Re: What would you do?!?

Postby heyman86us » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Congrats, yarsten!

I was wondering how Harvard (or any other law schools, basically) will feel about this. Withdrawing from a school very close to the beginning of the fall. If I were an assistance dean of admissions, I would be mad. At the same time, I think since they do deal with this all the time, so it might be not a big deal. But, what if they cannot find another person from the waitlist who would accept the newly opened seat? Maybe one or two student's tuition and fees are negligible?

Let me know opinions of you guys.

yarsten

Postby yarsten » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 pm

heyman86us wrote:Congrats, yarsten!

I was wondering how Harvard (or any other law schools, basically) will feel about this.
Let me know opinions of you guys.

I sent them an email letting them know. They responded with what looked like an auto reply- thank you for telling us, and good luck. That was it. I actually talked to Dean Deal a little bit about it and there's a lot of "musical chairs" happening at this time of year as people get of waitlists and switch schools. Stanford is unique in that Faye tries to get exactly 180 students, whereas Harvard has room to fudge a little bit (I don't think 1 or 2 students will make any difference). But again, I'm sure its school dependent, and yeah, they're used to it.

heyman86us

Postby heyman86us » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks, yarsten.

Yea, that is what I thought. Basically this happens a lot at almost every law school, so they are used to it.

I asked this question because there is a chance that I might have to do this exact same thing in a few days.

Thanks, and once again, congratulation!

d330

Postby d330 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Congrats and good luck with the housing situation. Don't let the landlord in Cambridge intimidate you. They'll find another tenant quickly, I'd bet.

yarsten

Postby yarsten » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:37 am

d330 wrote:Congrats and good luck with the housing situation. Don't let the landlord in Cambridge intimidate you. They'll find another tenant quickly, I'd bet.

Thanks!
Yeah, it turns out that they listed the apartment again online and it was snatched up in literally fifteen minutes. As long as the paperwork and payment goes through on time we'll be getting all our money back, which is great.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”