Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Washburn v. Valparaiso

Washburn Law
64%
Valparaiso Law
36%

Total votes: 28

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Re: Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 am

rickgrimes69 wrote:OP's logic explains the low LSAT score

Everyone please keep this in mind when responding to people who got a 144. People always try to use basic logical reasoning to show why these schools are garbage when we have solid evidence OP does not understand basic logical reasoning. Anyone with the requisite logical skills to understand just how awful a TTT is already scored high enough not to go to a TTT.

rftdd888 wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:It's impossible to read these threads and not think at least SOME of America's income inequality is completely and totally justified, as well as think that some people are bound to fuck up their lives even when given every opportunity not to.

true dat. You like to be optimistic about things but it's true there are people out there who are always just...do you remember old cartoons wherein a character steps on a hoe/rake or something and it stands up and hits them square in the face? it's like people doing that over and over again walking into it

I like that analogy.

Everyone learns the same stuff their first year anyways, so I don't see how Valpo is going to make me look less deserving.

Humbert Humbert

Postby Humbert Humbert » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 am

This guy is quite clearly a troll. You guys realize that, right?

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am

I wish he's a troll so he's not ruining his own life. But from his post record, this guy seems serious.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Did anyone else realize this guy has been told to retake by everyone already?

And can someone with better graphic design skills than me make a special snowflake card that says "I can't retake because I'm a bad test taker, yet I firmly believe I will outperform 95% of my peers on tests" that we can display in these threads?

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I wish he's a troll so he's not ruining his own life. But from his post record, this guy seems serious.

Yeah, pretty sure this one is real. And it shouldn't surprise anyone that people like OP regularly come to TLS. Despite all of the progress made in alerting people to the law school scam, there are still thousands upon thousands of applicants every year who will make life-ruining decisions to go into six-figure debt in order to attend these dumps.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 pm

The TLS community yet again delivers another tool in the Great Retaking War of the '10s:

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Clearly wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:If I want to be in debt and take my chances so be it. Maybe some day I'll come back here and tell you that you are right. I need to trust my gut on this and follow my instincts. I appreciate those individuals who gave advice in a non-condescending or sarcastic tone. I feel like there are a lot of insecure/ unhappy people who post in these forums. I wish you good luck, and will see you in the court room some day :mrgreen:.

Statistically, you will not.

LOLed pretty hard at this. OP is such an obvious flame, though.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I hope this guy wasn't real, because lots of you were aspie dicks.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Tom Joad wrote:I hope this guy wasn't real, because lots of you were aspie dicks.

Go on...

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:I hope this guy wasn't real, because lots of you were aspie dicks.

Go on...

I don't think I have to "[g]o on." If you look at the last 3 pages, the conclusion I draw is apparent.

lawdooder

Postby lawdooder » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Go on...

I don't think I have to "[g]o on." If you look at the last 3 pages, the conclusion I draw is apparent.

TLS just loves to lace into people under the guise of "helping" them. People are going to make catastrophically bad decisions. Sometimes, the best thing a person can do is say nothing at all.

Of course, I agree with most of what is said on here. I went to CCN and I doubt I'd have gone to law school under markedly different, or worse, circumstances. But, it was extremely apparent early on that this person was dead set on going, regardless of what anyone told him. To recreationally poke fun at him is not helping anyone, and just makes anyone involved look like an asshole.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm

lawdooder wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Go on...

TLS just loves to lace into people under the guise of "helping" them. People are going to make catastrophically bad decisions. Sometimes, the best thing a person can do is say nothing at all.

Of course, I agree with most of what is said on here. I went to CCN and I doubt I'd have gone to law school under markedly different, or worse, circumstances. But, it was extremely apparent early on that this person was dead set on going, regardless of what anyone told him. To recreationally poke fun at him is not helping anyone, and just makes anyone involved look like an asshole.

I think he was given a fair shake before things went downhill. Honestly,I had a similar attitude when I signed up, set on attending a tt last year with a 164. I got the same treatment, now I'm t13 bound. Tls isn't always pretty, but they are looking out for him.

Snowboarder1588

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 am

Important to note though that it's not possible for everyone to score 165+. We are just asking OP to please retake and if he gets 150+, he might actually get money from these 2 schools.

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:50 am

I seriously hope this guy is trolling. Anonymous internet forums and message boards are never sweet to everyone. Most people being "aspie dicks" are probably more tactful to people like this IRL and don't say anything at all. This forum is a chance for people to be frank and to speak their honest unfiltered opinion.

It's not pretty but tls convinced me and others that retaking is almost always TCR even for applicants who are not T-14 or bust because of dat $$$ (not to mention a reasonable shot at actually practicing law)

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm still terribly confused as to why it's "elitist" to tell someone to retake the LSAT so they can get a scholarship. I tend to think anyone who decides to blow 200K on law school is much more elitist than the person who works hard to get a scholarship.

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:25 am

BTW. I'm real and I decided to go with Valpo. I have a 3.1 and looks like I'm in the top 33% of the class. City is lame and the schooling has exceeded my expectations. I'm probably going to transfer to Drake or Loyola Chicago after two semesters. LOL. You guys thought I was a troll, well looks like you were wrong.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:37 am

ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:BTW. I'm real and I decided to go with Valpo. I have a 3.1 and looks like I'm in the top 33% of the class. City is lame and the schooling has exceeded my expectations. I'm probably going to transfer to Drake or Loyola Chicago after two semesters. LOL. You guys thought I was a troll, well looks like you were wrong.

So you are a troll. Sweet.

Also, you don't have a 3.1 yet you silly troll

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 pm

BigZuck wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:BTW. I'm real and I decided to go with Valpo. I have a 3.1 and looks like I'm in the top 33% of the class. City is lame and the schooling has exceeded my expectations. I'm probably going to transfer to Drake or Loyola Chicago after two semesters. LOL. You guys thought I was a troll, well looks like you were wrong.

I checked out Valpo's website out of morbid curiosity. It appears their academic year is divided into four seven-week terms, so OP should actually have a couple of grades back now.

It's amusing that he thinks he's really showing us how wrong we were. He's finished one quarter of his first year and he's already making transfer predictions. And he's chest-thumping about the possibility of transferring out of one of the very worst law schools in the country, where he's on pace to have $150K of debt at the start of repayment, to two slightly less terrible law schools, where two years at sticker would run his total debt load to more than $200K at repayment.

It galls me that these awful law schools can still get away with wrecking the lives of tens of thousands of people, but better that this happen to an idiot who has encountered all of the information needed for making an intelligent decision (like OP) than someone who never tracked down that information.

edit: typo
Last edited by Ti Malice on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Ti Malice wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I checked out Valpo's website out of morbid curiosity. It appears their academic year is divided into four seven-week terms, so OP should actually have a couple of grades back now.

It's amusing that he thinks he's really showing us how wrong we were. He's finished one quarter of his first year and he's already making transfer predictions. And he's chest-thumping about the possibility of transferring out of one of the very worst law schools in the country, where he's on pace to have $150K of debt at the start of repayment, to two slightly less terrible law schools, where two years at sticker would run his total debt load to more than $200 at repayment.

It galls me that these awful law schools can still get away with wrecking the lives of tens of thousands of people, but better that this happen to an idiot who has encountered all of the information needed for making an intelligent decision (like OP) than someone who never tracked down that information.

You showed us OP.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Find a way to increase your scholarship options before you go to minimize your debt.

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:09 pm

ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Retaking isn't an option, because I want to keep going to school without any sort of break. I would be 27 when I graduate, and I don't intend on being in school till that age. Sure I could just not go this year, but I have already payed a ton to apply to a load of schools, and have stopped studying for the LSAT for like 6 months. I'm sure working in a firm of 50+ attorneys would pay better, but people are still getting jobs with smaller firms and even in the public sector if they absolutely have to. When you graduate you have to take what you are given. It would be nice to go to a way better school, but at this point, I don't have that option or luxury and don't feel my score will get that much better with increased practice. I'm a good student, but for some reason I couldn't do well on the LSAT. Its a hard test. I'm very studious and will try my absolute best to be at the top, so I think that by second semester I should be able to go somewhere else. Transfer schools I will be applying to include but are not limited to: Iowa, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, Drake, and possibly some Texas Schools. Even if I don't have the best job when I graduate, it seems like you can use the small law firms or public sector as a jump off points to build some credentials and practical experience. Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that if you do well in school and have a better grasp on the law than the people you are competing with for jobs, that should be more important than someones school rank. Someone could have graduated from Harvard or Yale and be socially inept and unable to use their knowledge in a practical setting. Everyone learns the same stuff their first year anyways, so I don't see how Valpo is going to make me look less deserving. Does transferring hurt your employment prospects or hurt your class rank when finishing at the transfer school? Valpo doesn't grade on a curve, which is different from many other ABA accredited law schools. I'm not going to retake.

Dude, I will be over 30 when I graduate. I have an SA for next summer. You are not that old at all. If you don't retake you are really making a horrendous decision.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Retaking isn't an option, because I want to keep going to school without any sort of break. I would be 27 when I graduate, and I don't intend on being in school till that age. Sure I could just not go this year, but I have already payed a ton to apply to a load of schools, and have stopped studying for the LSAT for like 6 months. I'm sure working in a firm of 50+ attorneys would pay better, but people are still getting jobs with smaller firms and even in the public sector if they absolutely have to. When you graduate you have to take what you are given. It would be nice to go to a way better school, but at this point, I don't have that option or luxury and don't feel my score will get that much better with increased practice. I'm a good student, but for some reason I couldn't do well on the LSAT. Its a hard test. I'm very studious and will try my absolute best to be at the top, so I think that by second semester I should be able to go somewhere else. Transfer schools I will be applying to include but are not limited to: Iowa, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, Drake, and possibly some Texas Schools. Even if I don't have the best job when I graduate, it seems like you can use the small law firms or public sector as a jump off points to build some credentials and practical experience. Maybe I'm wrong. All I know is that if you do well in school and have a better grasp on the law than the people you are competing with for jobs, that should be more important than someones school rank. Someone could have graduated from Harvard or Yale and be socially inept and unable to use their knowledge in a practical setting. Everyone learns the same stuff their first year anyways, so I don't see how Valpo is going to make me look less deserving. Does transferring hurt your employment prospects or hurt your class rank when finishing at the transfer school? Valpo doesn't grade on a curve, which is different from many other ABA accredited law schools. I'm not going to retake.

Dude, I will be over 30 when I graduate. I have an SA for next summer. You are not that old at all. If you don't retake you are really making a horrendous decision.

This isn't undergrad. Where you go to school limits your geographic marketability. You need to keep your costs down. The best way to do this is to increase your scholarship options, which necessitates an LSAT score above the school's 75% ( assuming you already graduated from undergrad, which locks your undergrad gpa). But if you are dead set on going, and you don't get the grades necessary to transfer, the smart move would be to walk away from law school after 1L

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:10 pm

OP, Valpo is a terrible school. I have a friend that is a 2L there on a full ride and he absolutely regrets attending. I know of three others who recently graduated from there with decent grades whom are unemployed. These are anecdotes, yes, but the employment data supports this trend. Valpo doesn't even have OCI.

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:08 am

I'm in the top 25% grade wise and will get higher up the ladder once I put forth 2x the effort during this second qtr. I'm transferring out after this year comes to an end. The school isn't bad. Just to many idiots go here, and the employment is pretty dismal.

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:24 am

Ti Malice wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

It's amusing that he thinks he's really showing us how wrong we were. He's finished one quarter of his first year and he's already making transfer predictions. And he's chest-thumping about the possibility of transferring out of one of the very worst law schools in the country, where he's on pace to have $150K of debt at the start of repayment, to two slightly less terrible law schools, where two years at sticker would run his total debt load to more than $200K at repayment.

edit: typo

Keep your opinion about who is an "idiot" to yourself please. I made a conscious commitment to attend and I don't regret it. I understand you have a stick up your ass and feel the need to try and put others down, but it really only makes you look like a douche.. Let's bully kids on an online forum for no reason! I can't believe people who supposedly have a far greater intellect and logic lack so much professionalism. Where is your civility?

Valparaiso is on a quarter system, and I have grades for like 5 classes. I have finals again on the 11th. In the NW Indiana area, Valpo grads do really well actually. The school has a long history and actually has a good reputation outside of the realm of TLS. I hate to be paternalistic, but please treat others the way you want to be treated.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”