Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Washburn v. Valparaiso

Washburn Law
64%
Valparaiso Law
36%

Total votes: 28

ProspectiveStudent69

Re: Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Nova wrote:Good luck tho

Seriously. Hope u beat the odds. Most people won't.

Thank you!

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 pm

tskela wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Well I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I recently accepted an offer to attend Wash U. I did it. I went in with the mentality that I was getting out of here and I accomplished my goal. I did not make a lot of friends or get to screw off that much, BUT that shits not important. Getting a high paying law firm job is all that matters to me. So yes, transferring from a T4 to a T1 is possible... You just have to want it. The funny thing is that I probably schooled fools who did far better than me on the LSAT. I just out worked them. Proving once again that the LSAT is just an arbitrary sorting mechanism. I am probably going to attend a better school than many of the people who said I could not do it, so I guess I get the last laugh. :lol: :P :P

Except maybe if you had "outworked" everyone while studying for the LSAT, you wouldn't be paying sticker at WUSTL.

I graduated summa cum laude while working 30 hours per week. Not everyone has the luxury of going through under grad without working a job. That being said, I guarantee I would have done very well if I would have not worked a job. Hindsight is 20/20. Luckily it all worked out. Now I just have to focus on doing well with my studies at WUSTL

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Set your sights higher. Porsches are a dime a dozen. You deserve a Lamborghini.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:11 pm

sublime wrote:You're coming here? Goddamnit.

:lol: :lol:

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:37 am

Nova wrote:

I was literally going to post the same thing, but figured it wasn't as big of a deal to me considering THANKFULLY I won't have any classes with him/her.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 am

ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:I graduated summa cum laude while working 30 hours per week. Not everyone has the luxury of going through under grad without working a job. That being said, I guarantee I would have done very well if I would have not worked a job. Hindsight is 20/20. Luckily it all worked out. Now I just have to focus on doing well with my studies at WUSTL

Most people on TLS who graduated Summa Cum Laude retook the LSAT and went to YHS or a T14 with major money. They probably had to do half the work that you had to do to get twice as far as you with much less risk.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 am

Someone sticky this. LUlz

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm

jingosaur wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:I graduated summa cum laude while working 30 hours per week. Not everyone has the luxury of going through under grad without working a job. That being said, I guarantee I would have done very well if I would have not worked a job. Hindsight is 20/20. Luckily it all worked out. Now I just have to focus on doing well with my studies at WUSTL

Most people on TLS who graduated Summa Cum Laude retook the LSAT and went to YHS or a T14 with major money. They probably had to do half the work that you had to do to get twice as far as you with much less risk.

Lol, yup, actually though. Whenever I see a firm profile with an undergraduate summa or magna cum laude or PBK and some lower T1 or TT law school, I'm like what, retake.

ymmv

Postby ymmv » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:48 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
jingosaur wrote:

Lol, yup, actually though. Whenever I see a firm profile with an undergraduate summa or magna cum laude or PBK and some lower T1 or TT law school, I'm like what, retake.

TBF pre-TLS I'm sure the vast majority of law applicants had no fucking clue how much a retake is worth when you have that kind of GPA. Hell I'm sure most today still don't realize it.

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 pm

sublime wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:
tskela wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Well I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I recently accepted an offer to attend Wash U. I did it. I went in with the mentality that I was getting out of here and I accomplished my goal. I did not make a lot of friends or get to screw off that much, BUT that shits not important. Getting a high paying law firm job is all that matters to me. So yes, transferring from a T4 to a T1 is possible... You just have to want it. The funny thing is that I probably schooled fools who did far better than me on the LSAT. I just out worked them. Proving once again that the LSAT is just an arbitrary sorting mechanism. I am probably going to attend a better school than many of the people who said I could not do it, so I guess I get the last laugh. :lol: :P :P

Except maybe if you had "outworked" everyone while studying for the LSAT, you wouldn't be paying sticker at WUSTL.

I graduated summa cum laude while working 30 hours per week. Not everyone has the luxury of going through under grad without working a job. That being said, I guarantee I would have done very well if I would have not worked a job. Hindsight is 20/20. Luckily it all worked out. Now I just have to focus on doing well with my studies at WUSTL

You're coming here? Goddamnit.

:D

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Nova wrote:

:D I hope we get to meet.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:56 am

ymmv wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
jingosaur wrote:

TBF pre-TLS I'm sure the vast majority of law applicants had no fucking clue how much a retake is worth when you have that kind of GPA. Hell I'm sure most today still don't realize it.

I wish I would have discovered TLS before applying to law school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”