Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Washburn v. Valparaiso

Washburn Law
64%
Valparaiso Law
36%

Total votes: 28

InTheHouse

Re: Valparaiso or Washburn (Kansas/Indiana insiders preferred)

Postby InTheHouse » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:55 pm

You're really worried that some kid going to a T4 looking to transfer is going happen upon this thread?

Fiero85 wrote:
InTheHouse wrote:Just let it go folks. There are always some winners at transfer roulette. Good for OP.

It really isn't OP's fault if someone mistakes this anecdote for data.

I would be much more congratulatory and agree with you if the OP didn't spread objectively false teachings like this:

ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:So yes, transferring from a T4 to a T1 is possible... You just have to want it

That's just being a troll. Plenty of the OP's former and future classmates will "want it" and fail miserably. It's disrespectful and wrong to try to convince others that effort is all you need and any TTT will do.

InTheHouse

Postby InTheHouse » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:01 pm

It could be improved with OP landing a BigLaw SA through Wash U's OCI.

CounselorNebby wrote:This thread is great.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:01 pm

@ITH

Nah, not really, but just setting the record straight.

birdlaw624

Postby birdlaw624 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:07 pm

whenever I see a thread of TTT vs other TTT with more than 1 page of posts I know exactly what it consists of

oblitigate

Postby oblitigate » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:24 pm

ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Why are you assuming that I will be paying sticker to attend? hehehehehehehehe

You're such a fu ckin dweeb

Postby 03152016 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:45 pm

oblitigate wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:Why are you assuming that I will be paying sticker to attend? hehehehehehehehe

not helpful
reserve your anger for people who actually deserve it, like asstards who try to convince people to go to penn at sticker or closet libertarian douchebags who blame unemployed LS grads for getting hoodwinked by slick deans

i do think it would be helpful if op would disclose the scholarship amount and how he negotiated it, if he's comfortable sharing that information

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:39 pm

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 03152016 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:25 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:
Brut wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

not helpful
reserve your anger for people who actually deserve it, like asstards who try to convince people to go to penn at sticker or closet libertarian douchebags who blame unemployed LS grads for getting hoodwinked by slick deans

i do think it would be helpful if op would disclose the scholarship amount and how he negotiated it, if he's comfortable sharing that information

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but if you genuinely think it's not the students fault that they can't open their computers and find out these TTT toilets are shitholes, then you're pathetic.

OP, retake or don't go.

brut wrote:i don't understand this bizarre lack of sympathy
not everyone has the cultural capital to navigate a system that for years was designed to intentionally mislead the uninformed
median salary data that leaves out half the class, bogus employment numbers that lumped in non-FT/LT/JD jobs, fake scholarships that few would retain and section stacking, juicing ranking stats through falsified measures of student selectivity, school funded positions or direct hiring, the list goes on and on
what do you think will happen
pitting savvy, well-educated deans who used systematic deception to stuff their TTTs full of unsuspecting students regardless of the realities of the legal job market, reinforced by a pervasive media narrative that law is a high paying prestigious profession
vs
a kid who was the first in his family to graduate from college, who doesn't even know a lawyer in real life, let alone know to scour the fine print of a law school website for 509 disclosures

plz

there are thousands of unemployed jds who were taken advantage of by unscrupulous deans, is this really news to you?
not everyone went to law school in the age of accurate employment data and LST idiot

Postby 03152016 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:27 pm

inb4 mg has a rage stroke or brags about himself
since that's what happens in 90% of the threads he posts in

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Brut wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

not helpful

I've seen elsewhere on TLS that WUSTL has given some transfers 20k for the two years, assuming 10k per year. Maybe OP got the same deal?

Postby 03152016 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:49 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Brut wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

not helpful

I've seen elsewhere on TLS that WUSTL has given some transfers 20k for the two years, assuming 10k per year. Maybe OP got the same deal?

hmm gotcha
well if that's the case, it doesn't change the calculus
40k tuition + COL for two years + the 28.5k from valpo + 1L COL + fees /interest brings him to $150k at a bare minimum, my guess is more

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Brut wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:I've seen elsewhere on TLS that WUSTL has given some transfers 20k for the two years, assuming 10k per year. Maybe OP got the same deal?

hmm gotcha
well if that's the case, it doesn't change the calculus
40k tuition + COL for two years + the 28.5k from valpo + 1L COL + fees /interest brings him to $150k at a bare minimum, my guess is more

Oh I agree. That's why I'm not too thrilled with OP's attitude, considering a nominal scholly still leaves the OP with a lot of debt and lackluster career options as a transfer from Valpo. But I mean, I can understand that with a lot of people also being unnecessarily mean to the OP, there would be an urge to kind of stick it to all of them, regardless of how effective this actually is.

should-i-do-it

Postby should-i-do-it » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Bro both schools are terrible options, your most likely not going to end up getting a job as a lawyer if you go to any of these schools. Don't waste your time/money.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 pm

should-i-do-it wrote:Bro both schools are terrible options, your most likely not going to end up getting a job as a lawyer if you go to any of these schools. Don't waste your time/money.

:D

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:59 pm

jumpingjack wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:
It's like 2.7 stip. Its a fucking joke lol. I have to get out of here though. I'm in the top 10%. A lot of the top dogs are going to leave. I want a diploma from a better school. I don't want to be a 40k per year public defender or law clerk or do some BS pro bono save the trees gig lol.

You sound like a total loser.

And FYI: in this economy, 40K public defender gigs are golden. Not only is the work interesting and you get a lot of trial experience, but you are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

You might not be able to even get a job at the Missouri PD from Wash U. That isn't guaranteed. I had an interview as a 1L, but no offer even with 2 years of PD on my resume. OCI was useless for me, and I had to spend one day each week cold calling to get an unpaid public interest internship. Good luck you smug a-hole

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:
should-i-do-it wrote:Bro both schools are terrible options, your most likely not going to end up getting a job as a lawyer if you go to any of these schools. Don't waste your time/money.

:D

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:14 pm

WUSTL

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:17 pm

reasonable person

Postby reasonable person » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Attending any school other than T13 @ close to sticker, 40k/yr, is a fking ripoff.

GULC, UCLA, USC, Vandy, WUSTL, BU, BC, ND, GW, and a bunch more are all TTTT choices.

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 pm

sublime wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:
jumpingjack wrote:
ProspectiveStudent69 wrote:
It's like 2.7 stip. Its a fucking joke lol. I have to get out of here though. I'm in the top 10%. A lot of the top dogs are going to leave. I want a diploma from a better school. I don't want to be a 40k per year public defender or law clerk or do some BS pro bono save the trees gig lol.

You sound like a total loser.

And FYI: in this economy, 40K public defender gigs are golden. Not only is the work interesting and you get a lot of trial experience, but you are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

You might not be able to even get a job at the Missouri PD from Wash U. That isn't guaranteed. I had an interview as a 1L, but no offer even with 2 years of PD on my resume. OCI was useless for me, and I had to spend one day each week cold calling to get an unpaid public interest internship. Good luck you smug a-hole

And many places don't even have a 1L OCI.

Where did you end up, jdmonkey?

Federal Public Defender.
Last edited by jdmonkey on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

sublime wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:WUSTL

Thank you. I meant for the 1L summer job. lol.

Also, JD, the guy that interviewed you for pd was looking for certain things. The fit probably wasn't right. Sorry.

Oh yeah I don't doubt that I could have bombed the interview. I'm just saying nobody should assume that they are above a PD job, or that PD jobs are a joke to get.

ProspectiveStudent69

Postby ProspectiveStudent69 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Brut wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

not helpful

I got a better deal than that. It would not be in my best interest to disclose the exact amount though. I would just say that I am definitely not paying sticker. You know what they say, "haters will see you walk on water, then say its because you can't swim." I really appreciate the positive posts! For the people who are bringing negativity here, I would just ask that you be respectful to me and others. I set a goal when I began my 1L year, and that was to get the heck out of dodge as soon as I could. Many of my classmates who did well are leaving, while there is others who are still blind to the horrible employment stats at Valpo. I wish them well, but I know that they would have a much better future at a higher ranked school. I will say that I worked hard in my first year, and these next two years I will work two times as hard. Doing well in law school isn't always about working smart, you also have to work hard. If I can out work my classmates and grasp the material better, then I will have more success than them. You get what you put in. I want to get the maximum return on my investment, so I will do everything in my power to be able to come back here in two years and talk about my six figure salary and new Porsche. Cheers :lol: :idea: :!: :P :D :o :twisted:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”