UF vs FSU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which is the correct choice

UF
18
50%
FSU
11
31%
Don't go to law school - you will wind up with debt and no job
7
19%
 
Total votes: 36

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

What is the correct choice here - Both COA will be just living expenses.

UF2015
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby UF2015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:03 pm

This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

That is true, this topic has been discussed ad nausseum, but usually it is discussed with several stipulations in place, for instance, "I want big law in Miami." or "I want PI anywhere in FL" or "What if i get 50% at UF but nothing at FSU" So I just wanted to get everyones consensus on the general idea of UF vs FSU - where would you attend? I'm looking for anecdotes, because I have all the same data as everyone else, so you comment about the girls is exactly what I'm looking for... Thanks

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby dr123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:22 pm

SEC > ACC

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4130
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm totally just repeating what I've heard other people around here say, but rumor is UF is better for private employers and FSU is better if you want to go state government/PI. They're almost identically ranked, so it probably depends a lot on your career goals.

Again, total hearsay that I'm sure you're already aware of, but there you go.

envisciguy
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby envisciguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 pm

UF has more prestige throughout the state, but FSU is supposedly better for networking, especially if you want gov work, since its in Tallahassee. All in all, they're about the same. Do you prefer orange and blue or ketchup and mustard?

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby Cicero76 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Tallanasty sucks, we're gunna smash FSU in football this year, Go Gators.

Does this answer your question?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby sublime » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 pm

..

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby crestor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm

According to law school transparency, fsu has a 65% employment rate for jd required full time jobs 9 months out where UF has a 56% rating. Fsu is located next to the state capital whereas Gainesville is... UF has been raising tuition every year. UF seems to have a better chance at big law but you probably would need to be top 5% and then you would probably lose out to a t14 grad 9 times out of 10.

Just saying,

User avatar
ronanOgara
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby ronanOgara » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Mark O'Mara went to FSU and he is arguably one of the best known attorneys around right now.

Go to FSU, become Mark O' Mara, wrestle a dummy on a courtroom floor.....prosper.

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby crestor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 pm

ronanOgara wrote:Mark O'Mara went to FSU and he is arguably one of the best known attorneys around right now.

Go to FSU, become Mark O' Mara, wrestle a dummy on a courtroom floor.....prosper.


Then again, the prosecutor in that case whose name escaped me went to fsu too... So did Benjamin crump...

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby dr123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm

According to rankings that actually matter, FSU is currently 12 and UF is 10. This could change over the next few months so be sure to stay posted.

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby crestor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm

dr123 wrote:According to rankings that actually matter, FSU is currently 12 and UF is 10. This could change over the next few months so be sure to stay posted.


What constitutes rankings that actually matter? You putting schools on a dart board and ranking the, by the order hit? :shock:

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby dr123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 pm

crestor wrote:
dr123 wrote:According to rankings that actually matter, FSU is currently 12 and UF is 10. This could change over the next few months so be sure to stay posted.


What constitutes rankings that actually matter? You putting schools on a dart board and ranking the, by the order hit? :shock:

AP Rankings, they are very prestigious.

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby crestor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:17 pm

dr123 wrote:
crestor wrote:
dr123 wrote:According to rankings that actually matter, FSU is currently 12 and UF is 10. This could change over the next few months so be sure to stay posted.


What constitutes rankings that actually matter? You putting schools on a dart board and ranking the, by the order hit? :shock:

AP Rankings, they are very prestigious.


Lol

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby nebula666 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 am

If you want government / PI - FSU

If you want anything else - UF

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

thanks for the insight everyone

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

UF2015 wrote:This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.


How much hotter? Like FSU girls are 9 and UF girls are 6, or FSU 10 and UF girls 8?

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby jselson » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
UF2015 wrote:This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.


How much hotter? Like FSU girls are 9 and UF girls are 6, or FSU 10 and UF girls 8?


FSU is consistently ranked as having one of the most attractive student bodies. UF is not.

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby nebula666 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:53 pm

jselson wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
UF2015 wrote:This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.


How much hotter? Like FSU girls are 9 and UF girls are 6, or FSU 10 and UF girls 8?


FSU is consistently ranked as having one of the most attractive student bodies. UF is not.


This is all fun but would someone actually pick a school because of this? Sounds kind of ridiculous.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:58 pm

nebula666 wrote:
jselson wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
UF2015 wrote:This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.


How much hotter? Like FSU girls are 9 and UF girls are 6, or FSU 10 and UF girls 8?


FSU is consistently ranked as having one of the most attractive student bodies. UF is not.


This is all fun but would someone actually pick a school because of this? Sounds kind of ridiculous.


this is all that matters in the end.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
nebula666 wrote:
jselson wrote:
UF2015 wrote:This has been discussed to exhaustion, but on the off chance you're not trolling:


Cost being equal, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people will tell you that Florida has more prestige in-state, or has the better alumni network, but since I'm currently in school I can't answer that question definitively.

Do you like Gainesville? Do you like Tally? You seem to be from Sofla, both schools have plenty of that going on.

Go on visits, make up your mind. Girls are hotter in Tally, FWIW.


How much hotter? Like FSU girls are 9 and UF girls are 6, or FSU 10 and UF girls 8?


FSU is consistently ranked as having one of the most attractive student bodies. UF is not.


This is all fun but would someone actually pick a school because of this? Sounds kind of ridiculous.


this is all that matters in the end.[/quote]

This... because IF I have to settle on going to one of these schools, even with a full ride, I want to be someplace that I enjoy the scenery. lol

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby ManoftheHour » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Don't worry bro. You're gonna be at UVA or Duke after your retake.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:06 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Don't worry bro. You're gonna be at UVA or Duke after your retake.


Thanks... appreciate it.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: UF vs FSU

Postby Bless » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Go where you will be happier. People are very happy at FSU Law, that much I will tell you.


I'm 3L at FSU. If you have any particular questions, feel free to PM me.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carasrook, phelpsy, vintageblazers and 5 guests