Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Einstein91

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Einstein91 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Just got off the waitlist at BC and was awarded a $15k scholarship per year (as long as I maintain a 2.0 GPA). I was just ready to commit to Brooklyn (as I am from NY) and still aspire to practice in NY (preferably big law). I believe the difference in debt coming out of BC would be roughly $150k vs Brooklyn around $80k. I would have to decide this ridiculously soon so any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold
Posts: 2016
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Didn't everyone already tell you to retake?

Run far, far away and lock yourself in a padded room so you don't attend either of those schools.

User avatar
jbagelboy

Diamond
Posts: 10236
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I would not attend BLS, and I wouldn't go to BC for $150K in debt. Whats your GPA/LSAT? Boston College is a good regional school at the right price -- that price being well under $100K

michaelbluth

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby michaelbluth » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Einstein91 wrote:Just got off the waitlist at BC and was awarded a $15k scholarship per year (as long as I maintain a 2.0 GPA). I was just ready to commit to Brooklyn (as I am from NY) and still aspire to practice in NY (preferably big law). I believe the difference in debt coming out of BC would be roughly $150k vs Brooklyn around $80k. I would have to decide this ridiculously soon so any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!


This doesn't change anything. Go back and read the responses to your previous thread. Then retake.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213995

blsingindisguise

Silver
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby blsingindisguise » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 pm

When we said "retake" we meant the LSAT dude, not start a new thread.

User avatar
Otunga

Silver
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Otunga » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Nobody here thinks it's a good idea to go to these schools at these prices, and so most will say 'neither'.

If I had to choose, I'd say BC. I'm a New England guy and that's definitely where I'd go. But I wouldn't be considering them at these prices.

californiauser

Silver
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby californiauser » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm

If you "want" big law, you shouldn't matriculate to any school below Cornell if you want a comfortable shot at it.

Informative

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Informative » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm

BC if you want biglaw. Otherwise, I would go with the cheaper option. You should also note that Brooklyn is going to have a lot of hidden costs for the simple fact that it costs a lot to live in NYC.

thenewguy

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby thenewguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Gun to your head, choose between these options = BC. No gun = retake

User avatar
TheThriller

Gold
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby TheThriller » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Informative wrote:BC if you want biglaw. Otherwise, I would go with the cheaper option. You should also note that Brooklyn is going to have a lot of hidden costs for the simple fact that it costs a lot to live in NYC.


Stop giving bad advice. Don't go to either if you want Biglaw.

User avatar
Nova

Platinum
Posts: 9113
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 pm

BC is still too expensive

Humbert Humbert

Bronze
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby Humbert Humbert » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Haven't we already been through this exercise?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213995

hephaestus

Gold
Posts: 2401
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby hephaestus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:01 pm

TheThriller wrote:
Informative wrote:BC if you want biglaw. Otherwise, I would go with the cheaper option. You should also note that Brooklyn is going to have a lot of hidden costs for the simple fact that it costs a lot to live in NYC.


Stop giving bad advice. Don't go to either if you want Biglaw.

User avatar
jbagelboy

Diamond
Posts: 10236
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law (45k/yr) vs. Boston College (15k/yr)

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:07 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
Informative wrote:BC if you want biglaw. Otherwise, I would go with the cheaper option. You should also note that Brooklyn is going to have a lot of hidden costs for the simple fact that it costs a lot to live in NYC.


Stop giving bad advice. Don't go to either if you want Biglaw.



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DebtPrisoner and 17 guests