Depaul School of Law vs. Charlotte School of Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Please vote for my decision

Depaul School of Law
77%
Charlotte School of Law
23%

Total votes: 13

Otunga

Re: Depaul School of Law vs. Charlotte School of Law

Postby Otunga » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 pm

The general notion that admission shouldn't be as much of a numbers game as it is. (I'm not some angry person with a low GPA or someone who isn't trying at the LSAT, mind you.)

Now, when you consider it in addition to the fact that schools are actively trying to get up those medians, it further pushes the notion that the schools are more akin to businesses than we'd like to think they are. But hey, at least most T1 schools can give you a sound education AND enable you to become a lawyer. So while the system annoys me, at least they hold up their end of the not-so-cheap bargain, while schools like the ones in the thread title fall far short of that.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Otunga wrote:The general notion that admission shouldn't be as much of a numbers game as it is. (I'm not some angry person with a low GPA or someone who isn't trying at the LSAT, mind you.)

How much weight should a PS have and why?

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:46 pm

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 pm

I think law schools should make applicants write about their goals and how their previous life experience would help them achieve those goals. That way, schools could see if someone will actually be able to find employment, kind of like how business schools do admissions. Law school admissions should be more than a numbers game than B-school, but a lower T-14 rejecting everyone with no life experiences and a will to do international human rights law in favor of people with an LSAT score 3-4 points lower with paralegal experience and a desire to work Biglaw or midlaw could probably boost employment stats a little bit. I hope that they have some justification for why they don't do this other than the USNWR rankings.

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:33 am

kappycaft1 wrote: :lol: I made that same mistake the other day. It is almost hard not to confuse the two because they're both for-profit "CSOL"s run by (or about to be run by) the same company.

You know, I used to be offended when people accused South Carolina of harboring Charlotte law school, but I gotta admit that Charleston and Charlotte seem pretty similar these days... :roll:

Heck, they're both called CSOL, and they're both really bad.

Let's just refer to them collectively as Crappy Schools Of Law.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:38 am

Nevermind, beaten to death.

timmyd

Postby timmyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:57 am

OP, in your situation I would say, if you must go to law school, DePaul. At least DePaul has some semblance of an alumni network that may be able to help you out. That being said, you are entering a local school in one of the most competitive legal markets in the country. Also, Paul campos sentiments may be correct, but he has expressed them in a very unprofessional manner.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”