how do we feel about UC Irvine at this point?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sublime

Re: how do we feel about UC Irvine at this point?

Postby sublime » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm

the good news, at least for those over the other T20 medians, will be that Dean Chem & Co. will shower you with all kindsa perqs -- incluing money -- this cycle.

(Sorry, but not you Dr. Negative. :))

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Big Dog wrote:the good news, at least for those over the other T20 medians, will be that Dean Chem & Co. will shower you with all kindsa perqs -- incluing money -- this cycle.

(Sorry, but not you Dr. Negative. :))

Why do you think this? Just curious. I'm looking into UCI.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm

visited last year and Dean Chem said as much; something to the effect, 'we're planning something special for next year's class...'

But when you think about it, it make $$ sense. Better to spend a bunch of money now to score an initial T20 ranking (if possible), than to spend the $$ over the next decade trying to increase from TTT to T20.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:50 pm

are you serious bro?

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
xJD2017x wrote: I don't remember if he was in on that but most of the Duke faculty was despite the overwhelming evidence the girl made the whole thing up.

Actually, NONE of the law school faculty were in support of the girl.

The Duke faculty that were, were faculty from the Gender studies classes, black history, and the rest of the shitlib departments.

Wow... And some people say that TLS is elitist and WASPy.

In any case, everyone knows that any academic focus on the history of transgressions against minorities is just "shit liberalism" anyway, right?

Of course those knee-jerk libtards would come down on the side of the girl. Those poor, white Duke Lacrosse players never should have been Trayvoned like that.

Or do I have you wrong?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

gitguy wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
xJD2017x wrote: I don't remember if he was in on that but most of the Duke faculty was despite the overwhelming evidence the girl made the whole thing up.

The Duke faculty that were, were faculty from the Gender studies classes, black history, and the rest of the shitlib departments.

In any case, everyone knows that any academic focus on the history of transgressions against minorities is just "shit liberalism" anyway, right?

Of course those knee-jerk libtards would come down on the side of the girl. Those poor, white Duke Lacrosse players never should have been Trayvoned like that.

Or do I have you wrong?

I have been here for like two years as either a lurker or a poster and I have never seen someone describe TLS as WASPy.

Source?

jselson

Postby jselson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:38 pm

BigZuck wrote:
gitguy wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

Or do I have you wrong?

I have been here for like two years as either a lurker or a poster and I have never seen someone describe TLS as WASPy.

Source?

TLS is buzzing with WASPs.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Big Dog wrote:visited last year and Dean Chem said as much; something to the effect, 'we're planning something special

everything you UC Irvine enthusiasts ever poast are quotes from Chem.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 pm

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

jselson wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Source?

TLS is buzzing with WASPs.

You heard it here first!

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:56 am

sublime wrote:Everything about law school is WASPy. Or Asian, but mostly WASPy

Although I found it interesting that it was brought up against one of the 5% non WASP posters. lol

What do you want to bet that's not true? Did you read his original comment?

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:10 am

Dre misses the "W", "A", and "S" parts, and probably the "P" too.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 am

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 am

sublime wrote:
gitguy wrote:
sublime wrote:Everything about law school is WASPy. Or Asian, but mostly WASPy

Although I found it interesting that it was brought up against one of the 5% non WASP posters. lol

What do you want to bet that's not true? Did you read his original comment?

I have seen Dre PW. He just REALLY hates UCI. Noone knows exactly why... he just does.

I think maybe his ex-gf, who was the love of his life, attended there. Yeah. That could possibly be the reason.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:57 am

everything you UC Irvine enthusiasts

Not sure that I resemble that accusation.

First and foremost, I'm against ANY new law schools being built/opened. California in particular, has no need for another law school --UC or otherwise. So in this sense, I do not support the school -- no "enthusiasm" whatsoever. OTOH, UC and the fools running Sacto approved of UCI Law (despite my negative enthusiasm).

Since that time, I think Dean Chem and his team are during an excellent job (growing what should have never been built). Even if he doesn't make T20, I'm guessing that UCI easily becomes the fifth-ranked LS in this (TTT) state, which includes besting Hastings and Davis.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

so you waste all that money just to build the top 5th law school in California? great idea bro

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Besting Hastings is not impressive at all.

Their placement is TTTT

banjo

Postby banjo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 pm

UCLA and USC should combine forces to create a t14 in southern California. It could be called the Southern California Law Center, and take fewer students with better numbers. That's way better than having so many T1 schools in the region.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 pm

so you waste all that money just to build the top 5th law school in California? great idea bro

It was not MY idea; instead, it was the taxpayer's idea, or at least through their representatives.

Write your State Assembly person or State Senator. Bro'.

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:17 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:Dre misses the "W", "A", and "S" parts, and probably the "P" too.

Evidence in favor of "W": He uses the term "bro"; he just White Knighted for a gang of douchey, white ivy league jocks (who everyone agreed probably would have been guilty any other day); he specifically referred to Black Studies as a "shitlib department"; and his username is Dr. Dre.

Additionally, everyone on his "pencils" thread thought he was serious. He's a troll of the highest order.

It would be nice if the mods would do their job and keep him off UCI pages. Don't care if you like the school or not, just bring something productive.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Dre is cool. You suck

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 pm

gitguy wrote:
twentypercentmore wrote:Dre misses the "W", "A", and "S" parts, and probably the "P" too.

Evidence in favor of "W": He uses the term "bro"; he just White Knighted for a gang of douchey, white ivy league jocks (who everyone agreed probably would have been guilty any other day); he specifically referred to Black Studies as a "shitlib department"; and his username is Dr. Dre.

Additionally, everyone on his "pencils" thread thought he was serious. He's a troll of the highest order.

It would be nice if the mods would do their job and keep him off UCI pages. Don't care if you like the school or not, just bring something productive.

Duke isn't Ivy League and the dudes were obviously not guilty. Just move on dude.

gitguy

Postby gitguy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
gitguy wrote:

Duke isn't Ivy League and the dudes were obviously not guilty. Just move on dude.

My mistake. In all fairness though, I think Dre needs to move on from the UCI applicants page. It's a little pathetic.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Those Duke lax players were obviously fucked with by an overzealous prosecutor who ended up losing his job and being disbarred. Is this a fucking joke?

edit- did you even read the wiki article?
On April 11, 2007, North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper dropped all charges and declared the three players innocent. Cooper stated that the charged players – Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty, and David Evans – were victims of a "tragic rush to accuse."[9] The initial prosecutor for the case, Durham County's District Attorney Mike Nifong, who was labeled a "rogue prosecutor" by Cooper, withdrew from the case in January 2007 after the North Carolina State Bar filed ethics charges against him. That June, Nifong was disbarred for "dishonesty, fraud, deceit and misrepresentation", making Nifong the first prosecutor in North Carolina history to lose his law license based on actions in a case. Nifong was found guilty of criminal contempt and served one day in jail.[10] Mangum never faced any charges for her false accusations as Cooper declined to prosecute her.[11]
Last edited by dr123 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”