Charleston School of Lawls

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Scotusnerd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:Friend of mine just transferred out this for-profit disaster--I was thrilled when I saw her facebook update!


I think we have the same friend. :shock:

User avatar
lawschoolwoohoo
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Haha maybe! She said a lot of people she knew did the same thing though. Apparently at least some people are making the wise choice to flee to Carolina.

serdog
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby serdog » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:24 am

according to Charleston's 2015 class profile
http://www.charlestonlaw.edu/charleston ... c164e1.pdf their LSAT range was from 140-180 :shock: :roll: :shock: which means someone with a PERFECT LSAT is attending that school

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:28 am

Unbelievable
:shock: :shock:


20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby 20141023 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby timbs4339 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
serdog wrote:according to Charleston's 2015 class profile their LSAT range was from 140-180 :shock: :roll: :shock: which means someone with a PERFECT LSAT is attending that school

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I really want to believe that someone who is smart (studious?) enough to get a 180 on the LSAT would have enough common sense to know that Charleston is not worth attending. This is the only reason that I can think of why someone with a score like that would attend a god-awful place like CSOL.


Could also be someone who is tied to the Charleston area, like taking care of an elderly relative, a person with a working spouse and kids, or someone with a thriving local business who just wants to do law school for whatever reason.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby 20141023 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby timbs4339 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
timbs4339 wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:
serdog wrote:according to Charleston's 2015 class profile their LSAT range was from 140-180 :shock: :roll: :shock: which means someone with a PERFECT LSAT is attending that school

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I really want to believe that someone who is smart (studious?) enough to get a 180 on the LSAT would have enough common sense to know that Charleston is not worth attending. This is the only reason that I can think of why someone with a score like that would attend a god-awful place like CSOL.

Could also be someone who is tied to the Charleston area, like taking care of an elderly relative, a person with a working spouse and kids, or someone with a thriving local business who just wants to do law school for whatever reason.

That's what I thought at first, but the more I thought about it, the less those explanations made sense. Nobody is going to get a 180 without a great deal of studying. If such a person wanted to go to CSOL from the get-go, they would have likely known that they only needed a 154 to be at the school's 75th percentile. Accordingly, the only reason that I could see someone with a 180 attending Charleston is because they had some huge flaw with their application (like a criminal record, a 1.34 GPA, etc.). :P


Well, CSOL is one thing, CSOL with a full scholly is another.

Or maybe they were T14 bound and then something happened in the interim.

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm more concerned by the fact that someone who is 54 years old decided that not only was law school a good investment at that age, but that plunking down six figures at the Charleston School of Law For Kids Who Can't LSAT Good and Wanna Learn How To Make Frappuccinos Faster During The 8 AM Rush Too was the right life choice to make.

User avatar
MormonChristian
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby MormonChristian » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:Okay I normally don't bash other schools, but if you're actually even thinking about attending Charleston School of Law (lol), DON'T.
.



I disagree, it is a great place to learn to dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJC21zzkwoE


--ImageRemoved--

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby californiauser » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I'm more concerned by the fact that someone who is 54 years old decided that not only was law school a good investment at that age, but that plunking down six figures at the Charleston School of Law For Kids Who Can't LSAT Good and Wanna Learn How To Make Frappuccinos Faster During The 8 AM Rush Too was the right life choice to make.


Twist: the 54 year old had the 180

User avatar
Ramius
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Ramius » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:23 pm

I'd pay good money to live on rainbow row, but this is ridiculous! I wouldn't be surprised if the valedictorian was weaving baskets on Market st. after graduation. East (Bay) and down!

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:15 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby hephaestus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 am

kappycaft1 wrote:Actually, now that I look at it, the most amazing part about that class profile sheet is the fact that 50% of the school's full-time students come from out of state to attend CSOL. Da fuq?

TBF, it's not like people attending CSoL in state have the best financial sense either.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 am

serdog wrote:according to Charleston's 2015 class profile
http://www.charlestonlaw.edu/charleston ... c164e1.pdf their LSAT range was from 140-180 :shock: :roll: :shock: which means someone with a PERFECT LSAT is attending that school


Maybe the student with the 180 had a 1.X GPA... but no matter how you look at it, that's literally the biggest waste of a 180 I've ever heard of.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Nova » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am

“I got a good feeling.”

:|

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby 20141023 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:55 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
finnandjake2
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby finnandjake2 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 am

The decision was sealed by that 10k scholly.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm



Most private schools at least have nice campuses, and the People's Law School or whatever is dirt cheap so at least there's an explanation for it. CSoL doesn't even maintain a facade that they are a real educational institution. I've seen nicer beauty schools.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
One livid law student wrote:“If I even pass the bar – I now a have a degree from DeVry University.”


So much about this quote makes me LOL. I would maybe feel bad for the CSOL students if it weren't for their voluntary decision to attend a TTTT.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby Scotusnerd » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:11 am


BeautifulSW
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby BeautifulSW » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

Hm. Actually...a bachelor's degree in engineering technology from one of the DeVry campuses would probably get the holder a better job offer than a law degree from most lower tier law schools.

Just sayin'...

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:28 pm

I don't get what the big deal is. What's the difference between a TTTT and a TTTT?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Absolutely nothing. If someone from South Carolina couldn't get into USC, then he/she shouldn't go to law school.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anonnonnon, dabigchina and 2 guests