Charleston School of Lawls Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Louis1127

Silver

Re: Charleston School of Lawls

Post by Louis1127 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 am

I actually just talked to someone who said that they want to go here for LS about 15 mins ago. He was a really nice guy, and since I haven't even taken the LSAT yet I wasn't going to try to bestow upon him any fatherly advice, but I believe his exact words were "Yeah man, with my 3.6 GPA, I only need to get like a 149 to get in, and then I'm golden". In my head I was like :shock:

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Louis1127 wrote:I actually just talked to someone who said that they want to go here for LS about 15 mins ago. He was a really nice guy, and since I haven't even taken the LSAT yet I wasn't going to try to bestow upon him any fatherly advice, but I believe his exact words were "Yeah man, with my 3.6 GPA, I only need to get like a 149 to get in, and then I'm golden". In my head I was like :shock:
There's still work to do apparently.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 am

ManoftheHour wrote:I don't get what the big deal is. What's the difference between a TTTT and a TTTT?

Absolutely nothing. If someone from South Carolina couldn't get into USC, then he/she shouldn't go to law school.
The disgustingly egregious anti-UCLA trolling in this post makes me want to puke

Steveloblaw

Bronze

Post by Steveloblaw » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 am

^^ I believe that, in this case, USC is the University of South Carolina

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Steveloblaw wrote:^^ I believe that, in this case, USC is the University of South Carolina
It was weird typing "USC" without it referring to the Trojans but I've seen it done a few times on this board. Seemed relevant, but still weird nonetheless.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cwid1391

Bronze

Post by cwid1391 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I can't believe Alabama's dean left a school that worked its way up to #21, to work with Infinilaw. Seriously.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 am

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... ool-of-law

They're dispensing with the pretext and buying them outright. Somehow, I'm not surprised.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 am

nebula666 wrote:Anybody considering schools like this are not going to be persuaded by facts. They already refuse to accept reality.
I think there are a lot of people who don't know the facts. The people on this forum are only a small portion of those applying to law schools. I would argue that anyone on this forum that still chooses to go here is not going to be persuaded by facts but that is probably a very small portion of their class- if anyone at all. I have two members of my family that went to TTTT's and both of them tried to convince me that going to these schools isn't a bad thing and they truly believe that. Somehow neither of them connects the fact that it took them a year to find employment to the fact that they went to TTTT's. They just contribute it to a bad legal market. I feel bad for the people that aren't doing their research because they aren't finding the data provided by ATL or LST.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:17 am

TheJanitor6203 wrote:
nebula666 wrote:Anybody considering schools like this are not going to be persuaded by facts. They already refuse to accept reality.
I think there are a lot of people who don't know the facts. The people on this forum are only a small portion of those applying to law schools. I would argue that anyone on this forum that still chooses to go here is not going to be persuaded by facts but that is probably a very small portion of their class- if anyone at all. I have two members of my family that went to TTTT's and both of them tried to convince me that going to these schools isn't a bad thing and they truly believe that. Somehow neither of them connects the fact that it took them a year to find employment to the fact that they went to TTTT's. They just contribute it to a bad legal market. I feel bad for the people that aren't doing their research because they aren't finding the data provided by ATL or LST.
Also these schools target a lot of non-trad and working students who probably don't have informal social networks who can warn them away from law schools, and who do not spend a lot of time researching this stuff on the internet. It was only a few years ago that people really started using forums for admissions counseling, before then it was college counselors, personal anecdotes, and impressions gained from TV.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Craigslist ad for the school.

"Student body has been used." :lol:

Steveloblaw

Bronze

Post by Steveloblaw » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:--LinkRemoved--

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

How much? How hot is the hottest student body?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 am

hahahaha so funny but also sad

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:22 pm

hopkins23 wrote:Hell, are these people real?

--LinkRemoved--

"[Kelly] Barnes is moving to Charleston from Daytona Beach, Fla., today to attend the school. “I’m on pins and needles,” she said after hearing that the school might be sold.

She liked the school when she came for an interview. “They stressed that they were a smaller school that helped students,” she said. “I got a good feeling.”

Her final decision to attend was sealed when the school, with about 600 students, offered her a $10,000 scholarship. Tuition for the 2013-14 school year is about $38,000…

Barnes is married and has two children. “Moving to Charleston is a huge deal to us.”

The people I feel the worst for are those two children. Collateral damage.
I feel pretty much the same mix of anger and sadness regarding the situation of these children [kids of parents who move cross-country and take out huge loans to attend schools like this] as I do when I see the kids of people on Maury.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”