Deleted

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rad lulz

Re: Barry Law or FAMU Law

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:42 pm

ajax adonis wrote:I smell troll.

Considering I found the name of his dad's firm, I'd actually guess no troll

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm

If OP just really needs a piece of paper to sit for the exam so he can take a guaranteed job at his Dad's firm, IDK why he wouldn't pick the cheapest. Both schools are shite.

Of course, OP should retake to get in for free so he won't be wasting his Dad's money.

StillIll

Postby StillIll » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I only read the first page but guys this is clearly fake as ****

DSmejkal

Postby DSmejkal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Pop
Last edited by DSmejkal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm

rad lulz wrote:
ajax adonis wrote:I smell troll.

Considering I found the name of his dad's firm, I'd actually guess no troll

Tremendous.

nebula666

Postby nebula666 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:37 pm

DSmejkal wrote:First of all, I'm a girl. I don't know how asking whether I should attend Barry or famu can be construed as me being a troll or fake, but think what you want lol. Since there has been little to no constructive advice I quit responding. Thank you to those who have given good advice.

Thanks for the entertainment

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Why the fuck would you make a thread if you could not possibly give a shit about the merits of the school you attend?

"Please help me pick a school, but note Daddy will give me a job if/when I pass the bar so it doesn't matter at all. Thanks."

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DSmejkal

Postby DSmejkal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Wow, you are a very hateful person, I feel bad for you. I made the thread to help make my decision between the two schools. I said no posts about the job market because I will be able to get a job when I pass the bar. Because of your hateful comments people have chosen to message me their opinions. Again thank those of you who have offered constructive advice for the two choices that I have. Have a great night.

nebula666

Postby nebula666 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:37 pm

DSmejkal wrote:Wow, you are a very hateful person, I feel bad for you. I made the thread to help make my decision between the two schools. I said no posts about the job market because I will be able to get a job when I pass the bar. Because of your hateful comments people have chosen to message me their opinions. Again thank those of you who have offered constructive advice for the two choices that I have. Have a great night.

The job market is how you determine which school is better. How are you supposed to decide if you aren't considering the opportunities you will have upon graduation? How do you determine which school will put you in a better position to succeed if you are going to take the same job whether you are Top or Bottom 5%?

These schools are peers. They are six miles from each other on the same road. It's pretty much impossible to compare things like social life, the surrounding area, housing, sports, entertainment, and all the other metrics that students will turn to after evaluating job prospects and opportunities for the summer.

One of them is almost TWICE as expensive as the other. Given that information, how can you possibly think this is a difficult decision?

By the way, if you have a scholarship to either, which I pray to FSM you do, don't expect to keep it. Almost 1/3 of kids on scholarships, if not more, lose them from both of these schools. Knowing that you are set for life is probably not going to motivate you much compared to someone who has risked their entire livelihood on an objectively horrible school and will do anything it takes to keep their scholarship and finish at the top.

So yeah, go to FAMU if it is cheaper. Go to Barry if they are the same price. Sorry we rustled your jimmies.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm

If you're going to work for daddy, just ask him this question. He should be the one deciding which trash he'd rather litter his own firm with. Why would you post on a page for top law schools about attending schools that send fee waivers in mid-june to apply for that fall to high school seniors and the homeless?

We may be mean, but your trolling was way lame enough to merit it.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm

jbagelboy wrote:If you're going to work for daddy, just ask him this question. He should be the one deciding which trash he'd rather litter his own firm with. Why would you post on a page for top law schools about attending schools that send fee waivers in mid-june to apply for that fall to high school seniors and the homeless?

We may be mean, but your trolling was way lame enough to merit it.

As hard as this is for you to believe

Sometimes people just need the piece of paper

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

rad lulz wrote:As hard as this is for you to believe

Sometimes people just need the piece of paper

Probably, that's all OP needs. But a lot can happen to make a "guaranteed" job less so. Dad's firm could run out of money right as OP graduates. Dad could decide to retire to Arizona earlier than expected. God forbid, Dad could have some kind of medical issue that keeps him from working. If any of that were to happen, OP would be saddled with whatever debt she's taking on to go to FAMU or Barry, with no job at the end of it, and be in the same situation as other FAMU or Barry grads--possibly worse, since she may have worked at Dad's firm during summers and part-time in school instead of taking other opportunities and making outside connections.

If we were talking about, say, Davis or Hastings--decently respected schools that are simply in overcrowded markets--and Dad were paying the cost with an understanding of a job upon graduation, I might say differently. Even Barry wouldn't be quite so terrible, although I still think it's a worse idea that the lower UC's. But the only way I could recommend FAMU is with both the likely job AND a reason for not trying for anything else--if Dad said he'd pay for school this year but not if you wait and retake, or if Dad will only pay for OP to go to his alma mater, FAMU, and not for any other school. Other than that, if OP hasn't maxed out retakes, there's really no reason not to wait a year and shoot for UF/FSU.

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”