NYU vs GULC (full scholarship)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which is the better option?

NYU
18%
GULC (full tuition scholarship)
82%

Total votes: 49

mr.hands

Re: NYU vs GULC (full scholarship)

Postby mr.hands » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 am

moshei24 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:My question. If you have some source to a biglaw job outside OCI, as you are implying, why would that source not work from GULC? If it would why are you even considering NYU? On the other hand, if the connection is so flimsy as to only help you from T6 but not T14, why is it even a consideration?

Oy, it's a connection that will make it that if I'm in a top school and do decently (I'm not gonna slack, though), I'll be in good shape to get a job at the firm because of that. Only a connection with a close relative is a lock and all others are just connections that will likely be able to push you over the edge if needed, and in NYU, that would likely be all that was needed.

Yes, because of LSAT (only, actually) and you make a good impression. If all I did was email and tell them I want more, it wouldn't get the same results as being a classy negotiater.

When you say classy negotiator, are you referring to the letter you sent Cardozo?

Dude, the money you have from these schools is average. People in at NYU often have 30k+ a year. You aren't smooth, you're an idiot.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:35 am

mr.hands wrote:
moshei24 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:My question. If you have some source to a biglaw job outside OCI, as you are implying, why would that source not work from GULC? If it would why are you even considering NYU? On the other hand, if the connection is so flimsy as to only help you from T6 but not T14, why is it even a consideration?

Oy, it's a connection that will make it that if I'm in a top school and do decently (I'm not gonna slack, though), I'll be in good shape to get a job at the firm because of that. Only a connection with a close relative is a lock and all others are just connections that will likely be able to push you over the edge if needed, and in NYU, that would likely be all that was needed.

Yes, because of LSAT (only, actually) and you make a good impression. If all I did was email and tell them I want more, it wouldn't get the same results as being a classy negotiater.

When you say classy negotiator, are you referring to the letter you sent Cardozo?

Dude, the money you have from these schools is average. People in at NYU often have 30k+ a year. You aren't smooth, you're an idiot.

Yep, clearly I'm referring to the letter to Cardozo, as I clearly was negotiating with them there.

And people who are below the median in both GPA and LSAT and aren't URM usually don't get into NYU, let along get 30k+ a year, so stop spewing nonsense. Thanks. :)

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 am

moshei24 wrote:
mr.hands wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

Yep, clearly I'm referring to the letter to Cardozo, as I clearly was negotiating with them there.

And people who are below the median in both GPA and LSAT and aren't URM usually don't get into NYU, let along get 30k+ a year, so stop spewing nonsense. Thanks. :)

Lol. Saying this shit just makes people think you are trolling them and that these aren't real results

Tons of people got into NYU well below both medians with $$ this year (if you call the median 172/3.71). 170/3.4 were getting $ at NYU this cycle. Go look on LSN and get some fucking humility

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, because of LSAT (only, actually) and you make a good impression. If all I did was email and tell them I want more, it wouldn't get the same results as being a classy negotiater.[/quote]

Dude, the money you have from these schools is average. People in at NYU often have 30k+ a year. You aren't smooth, you're an idiot.[/quote]

And people who are below the median in both GPA and LSAT and aren't URM usually don't get into NYU, let along get 30k+ a year, so stop spewing nonsense. Thanks. :)[/quote]

Lol. Saying this shit just makes people think you are trolling them and that these aren't real results

Tons of people got into NYU well below both medians with $$ this year (if you call the median 172/3.71). 170/3.4 were getting $ at NYU this cycle. Go look on LSN and get some fucking humility[/quote]

Actually looked at LSN, and pretty nobody with those numbers got $. 1 or 2 does not equal tons. I think you should look up "humility" and learn what it means before you tell me to get it. You need to chill out and grow up. Stop spewing things that aren't true and learn to respect people. No matter how many times I try to be nice to you, you keep being rude. Enough. It looks bad on you, bro.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:59 am

You really like using the word "spew"

You also aren't special

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 am

mr.hands wrote:You really like using the word "spew"

You also aren't special

Actually, I'm a special snowflake. Ask anyone.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 am

A locked choosing thread...don't see that too often.
IBTL

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:45 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:A locked choosing thread...don't see that too often.
IBTL

What?

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:46 am

Self described classy negotiator and relying on connections for a job?

Ti Malice wrote:
Well, at least NYU's big.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:19 am

sinfiery wrote:Self described classy negotiator and relying on connections for a job?

Ti Malice wrote:
Well, at least NYU's big.

Incorrect. I never said anything about relying on connections for a job. :)

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Ill stop harassing your threads then, seeing as I quit my job and no longer depend upon TLS antics to cure office boredom.

Good luck at NYU, its a great school and a great community. Just try to be a little less aggressive and not to say so much dumb shit there and you'll be okay :)

Magnalum

Postby Magnalum » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Last edited by Magnalum on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I just want to apologize to anyone I pissed off, annoyed, made a stupid comment to, antagonized, ridiculed, or in any way bothered or insulted in any of my threads. I reflected on the many threads I've posted over the past few weeks, and realized that I was very aggressive and oppositional to you guys, instead of being appreciative. Thank you all for your input. Although, it may not have seemed so, I did appreciate all the advice you guys gave me. It was all very helpful. Again, I am sorry for my excessive posts and insults that may have ensued from them, and I hope you all could forgive me.

Have wonderful day.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:36 pm

moshei24 wrote:I just want to apologize to anyone I pissed off, annoyed, made a stupid comment to, antagonized, ridiculed, or in any way bothered or insulted in any of my threads. I reflected on the many threads I've posted over the past few weeks, and realized that I was very aggressive and oppositional to you guys, instead of being appreciative. Thank you all for your input. Although, it may not have seemed so, I did appreciate all the advice you guys gave me. It was all very helpful. Again, I am sorry for my excessive posts and insults that may have ensued from them, and I hope you all could forgive me.

Have wonderful day.

Well done.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
moshei24 wrote:I just want to apologize to anyone I pissed off, annoyed, made a stupid comment to, antagonized, ridiculed, or in any way bothered or insulted in any of my threads. I reflected on the many threads I've posted over the past few weeks, and realized that I was very aggressive and oppositional to you guys, instead of being appreciative. Thank you all for your input. Although, it may not have seemed so, I did appreciate all the advice you guys gave me. It was all very helpful. Again, I am sorry for my excessive posts and insults that may have ensued from them, and I hope you all could forgive me.

Have wonderful day.

Well done.

Yeah agreed. Where do you decide on going?

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 pm

mr.hands wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:

Have wonderful day.

Well done.

Yeah agreed. Where do you decide on going?

Still trying to figure things out. Please PM me if you want an update. I'd prefer not to put too many details in the forum for now.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”