"Hopelessly Deadlocked" b/w 2 Schools Ranked in USN's Top 4

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
stillwater

Re: "Hopelessly Deadlocked" b/w 2 Schools Ranked in USN's Top 4

Postby stillwater » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:58 pm

im enjoying this. plz continue. yours truly, shitlawsteve

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

2014 wrote:

Also:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Oh God, I hope UChi students don't start flaming that they're "top 4" now.

We are, does this make you mad?

HE'S SO MAD

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:13 pm

sinfiery wrote:Alright, alright! Let us all just get drunk together instead when we get to NYC

And yeah, this thread was a ridiculous humble brag. It deserved nothing but this

I'm already here, and I'm already usually drunk. Get at me

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 pm

stillwater wrote:im enjoying this. plz continue. yours truly, shitlawsteve

ITT: K-JDs use statistics to argue the merits of schools they don't even attend yet

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Who was butthurt? I'm trolling this thread because you're allowed to troll a thread that started off with a ridiculous OP. It's in the Constitution or something.

I don't give any more of a shit about CLS than I'm legally obliged to. And I imagine sinfiery doesn't care either.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Who was butthurt? I'm trolling this thread because you're allowed to troll a thread that started off with a ridiculous OP. It's in the Constitution or something.

I don't give any more of a shit about CLS than I'm legally obliged to. And I imagine sinfiery doesn't care either.

I for one am extremely butthurt about a lot of things.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:22 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Who was butthurt? I'm trolling this thread because you're allowed to troll a thread that started off with a ridiculous OP. It's in the Constitution or something.

As I said ITT, the best of CCN will be determined three years from now, by a 24-year-old girl in a club who's been carrying her heels all over the dance floor for the past hour, dropped out of school after three semesters of a comm degree, puked in her purse a half-hour earlier, and thinks I'm Ryan Reynolds because I have the same haircut as him.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:23 pm

I for one am cherishing this time where there is nothing to do but explore the USA and troll away. I can't wait for 2/3L where once again no work will be in the way

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:

As I said ITT, the best of CCN will be determined three years from now, by a 24-year-old girl in a club who's been carrying her heels all over the dance floor for the past hour, dropped out of school after three semesters of a comm degree, puked in her purse a half-hour earlier, and thinks I'm Ryan Reynolds because I have the same haircut as him.

As a woman, I look forward to comparing with my other high-powered lady friends how effective at repelling men we are just by namedropping our respective graduate/professional schools. I look forward to those (very special) olympics.

Also: three years from now, said 24 year old girl will still be a year older than you.
Last edited by francesfarmer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm

francesfarmer wrote:

i wouldnt get your hopes up.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Fuck you people for keeping this at the top of my "View Your Post" page for no good reason.

There aren't enough eyeroll and handjob motion gifs in the world to do justice to the amount of idiotic circle-jerkery in this thread.

JFC.

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

jbagelboy wrote:enough CLS/NYU butthurt PLEASE its killing me stop. peer schools with different vibes and student cultures. the choice is personal not professional. lets drop it and agree to disagree if you think differently.

CLS > NYU because of US News rankings

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Also: three years from now, said 24 year old girl will still be a year older than you.

In coping with that shame, it's going to be hilarious explaining to a judge why I'm a 23-year-old with a fake ID that says I'm 26.

Although really, said 24 year old girl will probably not even be able to count to 24 at that point. I'm just going to tell her I went to Goldman Sachs Ferrari Kate Middleton Medical School, on the theory that her brain is just hearing words at that point and not connecting them to form coherent thoughts or stopping to realize that it made absolutely no sense.

Also, I think I'm going to flame the entirety of 1L by referring to "HYSC" and "CNMVPBDNCGCooley."

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, but is that second C Chi or CLS?

JRR, you need to chill. Tis all in jest.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:43 pm

sinfiery wrote:Yeah, but is that second C Chi or CLS?

To answer your question, I'd like to present a map of the United States.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:45 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Also: three years from now, said 24 year old girl will still be a year older than you.

In coping with that shame, it's going to be hilarious explaining to a judge why I'm a 23-year-old with a fake ID that says I'm 26.

Although really, said 24 year old girl will probably not even be able to count to 24 at that point. I'm just going to tell her I went to Goldman Sachs Ferrari Kate Middleton Medical School, on the theory that her brain is just hearing words at that point and not connecting them to form coherent thoughts or stopping to realize that it made absolutely no sense.

Also, I think I'm going to flame the entirety of 1L by referring to "HYSC" and "CNMVPBDNCGCooley."

I'm just going to assume based on this too-drunk-to-consent club girl fantasy that you're an overachieving virgin

It's ok, we were all virgins once and not all of us were overachievers

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

francesfarmer wrote:

I'm just going to assume based on this too-drunk-to-consent club girl fantasy that you're an overachieving virgin

Hey, nerds can pick up girls too. Mainly other nerd girls, but my point stands.

I was just thinking it might be easier to lie about my education rather than lie about my entire personality, which is my current standard for establishing any form of human contact. But if I can't impress vapid and boring women with DAT IVY DEGREE THO, then I don't really see any point in going to law school at all.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:If I had to bet on whose LSAT median is dropping this cycle, I'd bet NYU second (after NU). I can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing that at least a little.

I don't think there's any chance NYU's median drops for the second consecutive year. If they were at risk for that, they'd be opening up the scholarship war chest this cycle.

Congrats on CLS, by the way. I'm very glad to hear that you won't be an insufferable UVA homer after all. :lol:

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Last edited by stillwater on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah, I called NYU's median dropping something along the lines of "almost a coin flip", but upon thinking about it, it's probably pretty unlikely. Even if they didn't have the $$$ to shell out, they'd drop class size slightly or start gaming the LSAT median.

It's probably as likely as UVA or Penn's median dropping, which is to say it's possible, but I doubt it happens. I do think there's a better than 50-50 chance NU's median drops, though.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:58 pm

stillwater wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I was just thinking it might be easier to lie about my education rather than lie about my entire personality, which is my current standard for establishing any form of human contact. But if I can't impress vapid and boring women with DAT IVY DEGREE THO, then I don't really see any point in going to law school at all.

probably shouldnt go lawlschool then. boring vapid women think ivy is shit that grows on buildings

The casual-baseball-fan woman I'll end up marrying would say ivy is the thing in Wrigley Field. Oh crap, Chicago has me beat from all possible angles.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:59 pm

When is Harvard's median gonna drop? CLS is a swag Ivy.

echamberlin8

Postby echamberlin8 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 pm

francesfarmer wrote:It's threads like this that make me dread the people I will meet in law school

Agreed to the max. I try not to post too much in Choosing a Law School.

echamberlin8

Postby echamberlin8 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 pm

sinfiery wrote:I enjoy how you compared.the results in absolute.terms.to.favor your side of the argument but used specific percentages to differentiate the miniscule difference NYU holds as an advantage in one elite firm. Having looked at the data myself but far too lazy to look up specific numbers again on my phone, I know the miniscule difference works both ways. Ie, the firms where there are more CLS grads is also by miniscule percentages.

Now, let us examine the historical biglaw percentages from these schools. We know that CLS outpaces just about everyone but Penn in placement. Including NYU, sometimes by a wide margin. So if we account for the self selection of PI kids (which, let's face it, NYUs UG screams, their institutional support is widely acclaimed, AND they have famous PI alumni funding PI specific scholarships that are awarded more for PI softs than numbers versus CLS having....I'm ignorant. Fill me in if you can help me out) you see that the average quality of the firm for CLS kids wanting biglaw is actually quite less than that of NYU.

Also, CLS class has a much larger transfer class. And we all know transfer kids have great grades, which sort of hides the placement inefficiency of CLS 1Ls because the percentages are inflated on who receives.biglaw jobs as most transfer kids with their 4.333s are likely getting said jobs with that CLS institutional support plus amazing grades.

So, CLS best start attracting better professors by shilling out 6m condos or maybe try moving their school out 150th st or something

/t6 for life :D

Damn, you wrote a post that long on your phone? What kind of phone?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”