Northwestern at sticker or Alabama with scholarship?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bethanyrose09

Re: Northwestern at sticker or Alabama with scholarship?

Postby bethanyrose09 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 am

Last edited by bethanyrose09 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
rftdd888 wrote:Guy says he can't retake, already took the LSAT 3 times.

IDK why you took the LSAT 3 whole times and didn't spend at least a few hours on these forums first. You would have gotten so much information you're now getting in the form of answers. You would've known it already.

Sucks you can't retake. I would never rely on being at the top of your class, because anything could happen notwithstanding the fact that you're obviously going to be the smartest 1L.

He can take a 4th time if his first LSAT was more than 2 years ago.

He could be the 4 try killer like a few people I know

That's going to be me. I will be the poster child for that, come December. I still believe.

162/X/163/178. Calling it.

M458

Postby M458 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:04 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
rftdd888 wrote:Guy says he can't retake, already took the LSAT 3 times.

IDK why you took the LSAT 3 whole times and didn't spend at least a few hours on these forums first. You would have gotten so much information you're now getting in the form of answers. You would've known it already.

Sucks you can't retake. I would never rely on being at the top of your class, because anything could happen notwithstanding the fact that you're obviously going to be the smartest 1L.

He can take a 4th time if his first LSAT was more than 2 years ago.

He could be the 4 try killer like a few people I know

That's going to be me. I will be the poster child for that, come December. I still believe.

162/X/163/178. Calling it.

Be like JET and get that 178 tattoo.

you'rethemannowdawg

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:11 pm

OP, have you ever lived/worked in DC before? I ask because I see a lot of prospective students on TLS (not to mention a lot of young people in general) who want to live there but have kind of an idealized vision of it. There's places all across the US that have better quality of life, lower cost of living, and a better cultural scene than Washington. Many of DC's fine qualities can be experienced just as well by going on vacation there.

That being said, you are most likely not going to get a decent legal job in Washington with a degree from Alabama. It's not very likely from Northwestern either.

bethanyrose09

Postby bethanyrose09 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Last edited by bethanyrose09 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:40 pm

May the curve be with you

you'rethemannowdawg

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

bethanyrose09 wrote:
you'rethemannowdawg wrote:OP, have you ever lived/worked in DC before? I ask because I see a lot of prospective students on TLS (not to mention a lot of young people in general) who want to live there but have kind of an idealized vision of it. There's places all across the US that have better quality of life, lower cost of living, and a better cultural scene than Washington. Many of DC's fine qualities can be experienced just as well by going on vacation there.

That being said, you are most likely not going to get a decent legal job in Washington with a degree from Alabama. It's not very likely from Northwestern either.

I live in DC now as work for a firm. But yeah, I think I've decided for NWern. Unless I get off the WL at Duke.

If that's the case, why not sit out the cycle and retake? NU is a good school, but the class of 2012 didn't report a single person getting to DC from there on LST.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school= ... b=location

M458

Postby M458 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:12 pm

you'rethemannowdawg wrote:
bethanyrose09 wrote:
you'rethemannowdawg wrote:OP, have you ever lived/worked in DC before? I ask because I see a lot of prospective students on TLS (not to mention a lot of young people in general) who want to live there but have kind of an idealized vision of it. There's places all across the US that have better quality of life, lower cost of living, and a better cultural scene than Washington. Many of DC's fine qualities can be experienced just as well by going on vacation there.

I live in DC now as work for a firm. But yeah, I think I've decided for NWern. Unless I get off the WL at Duke.

If that's the case, why not sit out the cycle and retake? NU is a good school, but the class of 2012 didn't report a single person getting to DC from there on LST.

I think LST only reports 3 most common state destinations. Look here: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/statistics/

7 people in DC--still a tiny amount, but at least some.

you'rethemannowdawg

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 pm

M458 wrote:
you'rethemannowdawg wrote:

I think LST only reports 3 most common state destinations. Look here: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/statistics/

7 people in DC--still a tiny amount, but at least some.

I don't know how they determine what markets to show, but there are definitely schools that have more than 3 markets listed. Penn and Chicago are both examples.

But yeah, I realize that wasn't a great use of the stats, and self-selection obviously plays a role. The LST number doesn't mean it's impossible to get to DC from NU, but the data shows it is pretty rare. 7 students is less than 3% of NUs class of 2012.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Given all that the OP has said here I highly doubt they put in a TLS-style effort on their LSAT prep.

OP- Retake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”