Market forces

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Younks

Market forces

Postby Younks » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of something I read written by George Soros (dude who crashed the British pound and stuff) - that bucking market trends will enable you to get the best deal essentially. Therefore, wouldn't it behoove those of yall who are thinking of sitting this cycle out to go to law school this year, to take advantage of the buyer's (student's) market? Just a thought - I gots me a full ride to a good regional school with it (SIU).

Then again, yall shouldn't go to law school because.... uhhh.... lawyers are scumbags or something. Yeah, that's it.

Re: Market forces

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Younks wrote:Hey everyone,

I was thinking of something I read written by George Soros (dude who crashed the British pound and stuff) - that bucking market trends will enable you to get the best deal essentially. Therefore, wouldn't it behoove those of yall who are thinking of sitting this cycle out to go to law school this year, to take advantage of the buyer's (student's) market? Just a thought - I gots me a full ride to a good regional school with it (SIU).

Then again, yall shouldn't go to law school because.... uhhh.... lawyers are scumbags or something. Yeah, that's it.

What region is SIU good in? BIG CAIRO LAW?

Southern Illinois as a region is wasteland. I think Mad Maxian Australia had a better economy.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:07 pm

This questionable logic only applies with the assumption that future years, specifically next year, will be less of said "buyers market", meaning a more competitive admissions cycle.

Nothing has indicated that this year is the nadir of LSAT takers or LSAC applicants. It could botton out at any time within the next 3-5 years (if it ever does), which would "behoove" one to reapply.

banana$$stand

Postby banana$$stand » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Behooves the fuck outta me. Yeah, dude!

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 pm

banana$$stand wrote:

Behooves the fuck outta me. Yeah, dude!

This assumes you have to invest in that thing at some time. Going to Cooley with 5K this year because you think you won't get any money next year is an objectively bad choice. If that's the best you can do, think about another job. Sometimes the only way to win is not to play.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 am

Nice try, Southern Illinois dean looking to meet quota for this year.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Nice try, Southern Illinois dean looking to meet quota for this year.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”