Thanks! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
basilseal

Bronze

Re: 174/3.88 - ED to Northwestern?

Post by basilseal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
basilseal wrote:Would just like to reiterate that I got ED and did not interview on campus. Please check with admissions to see if this is no longer possible before spending money on flights.
When was this? Before the full ride ed?
First year it was offered. Perhaps in the time since they have made the requirement to visit campus more stringent. But I specifically remember the requirement to be on campus being the same and still having an exception made.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Go for HYS + LIPP repayment if your goals are clerking and public interest. Many of the best PI gigs (ACLU, etc) practically require a clerkship for you to be hired 1-2 years after graduating law school, and HYS is going to maximize your chances of getting it.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:19 pm

basilseal wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
basilseal wrote:Would just like to reiterate that I got ED and did not interview on campus. Please check with admissions to see if this is no longer possible before spending money on flights.
When was this? Before the full ride ed?
First year it was offered. Perhaps in the time since they have made the requirement to visit campus more stringent. But I specifically remember the requirement to be on campus being the same and still having an exception made.
I just went by the wording on the website and never asked about meeting an adcom while they were traveling, so it could very well still be an option they just don't advertise.

Aasterinian

New

Post by Aasterinian » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Go for HYS + LIPP repayment if your goals are clerking and public interest. Many of the best PI gigs (ACLU, etc) practically require a clerkship for you to be hired 1-2 years after graduating law school, and HYS is going to maximize your chances of getting it.

Thanks, DK. You all have given me great advice -- I just wish I were more decisive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”