Brooklyn or Cardozo? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Brooklyn or Cardozo? In parentheses total cost

Brooklyn ($0)
86%
Cardozo ($55k)
14%

Total votes: 42

patienunderstanding

Bronze

Brooklyn or Cardozo?

Post by patienunderstanding » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 pm

In parentheses TOTAL debt (COA plus COL). Which should I choose? I will be happy with any job post graduation (legal job). Can't retake. Thanks

timbs4339

Gold

Re: Brooklyn or Cardozo?

Post by timbs4339 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Brooklyn

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Brooklyn! Great option when debt free. Hopefully you aren't using significant savings tho (60k+)

patienunderstanding

Bronze

Post by patienunderstanding » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm

sinfiery wrote:Brooklyn! Great option when debt free. Hopefully you aren't using significant savings tho (60k+)
Almost no savings, just a few bucks.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Nice. You seem to understand what you're getting into as far as the legal market and for zero debt, that's a great route for your goals.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 pm

patienunderstanding wrote:In parentheses TOTAL debt (COA plus COL). Which should I choose? I will be happy with any job post graduation (legal job). Can't retake. Thanks
I was about to post this link, but it looks like your choice is easy. Brooklyn Law for free isn't a bad deal, thought I'm not particularly crazy about its sub-50% employment score.

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 pm

They are equivalent options, and one is $50k cheaper. Go to that one.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 am

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patienunderstanding

Bronze

Post by patienunderstanding » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 am

ajax adonis wrote:No crazy stips right?
Top 80%

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:14 am

Brooklyn for free isn't the worst thing in the world. Like someone else said, if you're dropping big savings to stay debt free, then you're making a big mistake. Heck, even for free, this could be a big mistake (~50% of their graduates can't secure even the most low-end full-time legal jobs). But there's really no reason to take on 50k in debt for virtually the same prospects at Cardozo, so Brooklyn wins here hands down.

froglee

New

Post by froglee » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Cardozo is the much better choice. In fact, many people I know ditched NYU, Fordham, Cornell for Cardozo.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 pm

froglee wrote:Cardozo is the much better choice. In fact, many people I know ditched NYU, Fordham, Cornell for Cardozo.
friends dont let friends go to 'bozo.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 pm

froglee wrote:Cardozo is the much better choice. In fact, many people I know ditched NYU, Fordham, Cornell for Cardozo.
Anyone who ditches NYU for Dozo is a bozo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Go to Cardozo. Every partner I spoke to said they will hire from this school.
Cardozo is a great school that can offer OP a lot of career options....too bad you can't handle this fact.
Cardozo is the obvious choice. Full scholarship and powerful alumni network.
Obvious Cardozo troll is obvious.

locthebloke

New

Post by locthebloke » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:22 am

Go to Crooklyn if you must. Absolutely 0 debt is obviously great, but you still pay the price in time and effort--3 years of your life doing dull, turgid, tedious law school work--for a degree that won't get you a sniff of a decent legal job in the New York market unless you're connected. Still have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:05 am

Gtfo

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 am

Retake (but only if you want a good shot at a legal job)

Eta: I do believe there is about a 60K difference in the COA for both schools but I don't believe anything else the OP is saying. I think he's trying to trick the hivemind. Just my opinion.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

BigZuck wrote:Retake (but only if you want a good shot at a legal job)

Eta: I do believe there is about a 60K difference in the COA for both schools but I don't believe anything else the OP is saying. I think he's trying to trick the hivemind. Just my opinion.
It's possible that OP got a full from Brooklyn but only 35K or whatever from Dozo. I don't know exactly what would possess someone to lie about their schollys in order to get advice from posters when they obviously place no weight on the advice those posters would give if the numbers were right.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 am

timbs4339 wrote:

It's possible that OP got a full from Brooklyn but only 35K or whatever from Dozo. I don't know exactly what would possess someone to lie about their schollys in order to get advice from posters when they obviously place no weight on the advice those posters would give if the numbers were right.
People come here to have their crappy choices validated all the time. Doesn't make sense to me either but people do it.

If the OP is being honest and insists on going to one of these schools and is cool with potentially wasting three years of their life with nothing to show for it then I agree, Brooklyn.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

timbs4339 wrote:

It's not rational, but a number of posters have done this. Like BigZuck said, sometimes the drive for validation overrides any rational considerations about the quality of advice offered on the basis of false data.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 am

The whole "ok with any lawyer job" thing coupled with the curt "can't retake. K thanx bai" thing made it sound like a lie to me. I've seen it with a number of other posters before where they are clearly familiar with TLS and how these choosing threads usually go so they basically start their own choosing thread with "I have taken three times already, just tell me whether I should go to Florida Coastal or Cooley you elitist fucks." Or people claim they have some exorbitantly rich benefactor willing to pay for law school and their only stipulation is that it has to be some crap school NOW. Lots of people clearly don't like the whole "Do this first" post where they have to lay out the full cost of attendance and other factors and so they ignore that or come up with ways to get around it. All because they want a bunch of e-strangers to validate major life decisions rather than question them.

I'm also surprised that these are the two choices the OP has. Why not better schools at a higher pricetag? Could be wrong about the OP though, maybe he/she just is really debt conscious and realized that paying sticker at Fordham (or whatever) is too much.

Anyway Brooklyn seems to be the consensus so enjoy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 pm

BigZuck wrote:The whole "ok with any lawyer job" thing coupled with the curt "can't retake. K thanx bai" thing made it sound like a lie to me. I've seen it with a number of other posters before where they are clearly familiar with TLS and how these choosing threads usually go so they basically start their own choosing thread with "I have taken three times already, just tell me whether I should go to Florida Coastal or Cooley you elitist fucks." Or people claim they have some exorbitantly rich benefactor willing to pay for law school and their only stipulation is that it has to be some crap school NOW. Lots of people clearly don't like the whole "Do this first" post where they have to lay out the full cost of attendance and other factors and so they ignore that or come up with ways to get around it. All because they want a bunch of e-strangers to validate major life decisions rather than question them.

I'm also surprised that these are the two choices the OP has. Why not better schools at a higher pricetag? Could be wrong about the OP though, maybe he/she just is really debt conscious and realized that paying sticker at Fordham (or whatever) is too much.

Based on OPs post history you might be right.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

BigZuck wrote:The whole "ok with any lawyer job" thing coupled with the curt "can't retake. K thanx bai" thing made it sound like a lie to me. I've seen it with a number of other posters before where they are clearly familiar with TLS and how these choosing threads usually go so they basically start their own choosing thread with "I have taken three times already, just tell me whether I should go to Florida Coastal or Cooley you elitist fucks." Or people claim they have some exorbitantly rich benefactor willing to pay for law school and their only stipulation is that it has to be some crap school NOW. Lots of people clearly don't like the whole "Do this first" post where they have to lay out the full cost of attendance and other factors and so they ignore that or come up with ways to get around it. All because they want a bunch of e-strangers to validate major life decisions rather than question them.

I guess, but if they want to lie about their circumstances, who cares, really.

NYC options can be weird like that, it's not crazy that someone would get a ton of money at Brooklyn/Cardozo but not get into NYU or CLS. And a full ride at Brooklyn is a hell of a lot better than Fordham with $15,000-$20,000 a year.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

A friend of mine was expected to be picked early in the first round of the NBA draft a few years ago, and he was ultimately chosen fourth, by the T-Wolves, but when he got up to the mic he was like "Naw, sorry, Dozo all the way."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”