Would it be too late to call up the school and tell them that you'll unconditionally attend if it's still on the table and they allow you to send in the deposit late? The second seat deposit deadline was over two weeks ago and I didn't send in either deposit.
Just now realizing that free is good, I can kick ass there, it's close to home, and I'm better off there than anywhere else. Oh man I screwed up big time.
I understand your funds have been reallocated. I'm sorry to hear that. As you know, the advice from all of the TLS geniuses tellin g you to avoid anything other than a t14 with money should be taken with large grains of salt.
As you also likely have figured out, 45% employed in full time long term work at nine months does not equal 45% "becoming lawyers." The overwhelming majority of practicing attorneys did not go to t14 schools and the overwhelming majority of future lawyers will not be going to t14 schools. Yes, the stats tell a story, but the story is really only the first page of the book.
To be sure, I am a fellow 0L, like you, with aspirations to do well in law school and to become an attorney. However, I have spoken with numerous attorneys that graduated anywhere from 35 to a few years ago. The reality is most law grads struggle to fond work out of the gate and many take part time and temporary jobs to build a career. The economy is tough and we all want the best shot at getting a job. Yes, a solid shot at 160k out of the gate from HYS would be ideal; a very small percentage of lawyers have had this outcome, as I'm sure you are aware.
I have considered taking a year off and foregoing a decent scholarship at a t2 as well. Doing this still may prove the more beneficial option if I can land a well paying job between now and August. Having said that, I am also stoked to go this year to the fine school I have already basically committed to attend.
Do what you think is best for yourself, but realize the "retake or don't go" mantra is basically on loop on TLS, and the "common wisdom of TLS" is largely a group-think phenominon perpetuated by short term statistics and an incomplete story advanced in absence of the rest of the story.
Having said all of this, to reaffirm what you evidently have already deduced, a t2 degree with no debt is a far from poor option. Delaying law school by a year (no matter where you choose to go) also presents an opportunity cost. Do your best cost-benefit analysis given the facts you know, with as long a range outcome as you can theoretically and realistically establish, and act accordingly.
Fwiw, I am the only person to date that has asked to be added to Loyola in the Class of 2016 thread, but I'm sure I'm not the only person on TLS that is going. Ultimately, despite tough stats and the saturated market in L.A. and Ca I see no reason to be ashamed of attending what is a long-standing institution with a reputation of producing noteworthy and successful talent.
Let me know what you're thinking of doing and good luck!
Edit: On the phone so forgive the obvious spelling and grammar issues.