OCI Firm Count

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Peyton

OCI Firm Count

Postby Peyton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 pm

I was explaining to someone looking to decide between one of several in-state law schools that rankings aside one important factor is the number of firms attending their OCI. She asked how to find that out, honestly I do not know. Do you? Is there linkable data somewhere that provides that information (even if it is from a previous year)?

Obviously T14s are slammed with OCI firms, but as one steps away from the T14 I imagine OCI firm participation trickles down to just a handful. This is my perception and it could be totally incorrect. What is the real deal?

rad lulz

Re: OCI Firm Count

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:55 pm

OCI firm cout is a pretty worthless metric to assist in picking schools

A bunch of firms can show up at OCI but it don't matter if they're not looking to hire anyone but the top 15% or whatever

Furthermore only a few firms may show up at actual OCI but many students may obtain jobs outside of OCI

Furthermore a few firms may show up at OCI but hire a BUNCH of kids from one school

Just look at the lawschooltransparency.com data because that's the actual data output of what "# of firms at OCI" would seek to predict

Peyton

Postby Peyton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:29 pm

If there is OCI data is on LST, I cannot locate it. My perception has been the lower the LS rank, the lower the OCI turnout. But instead of guessing it, I thought data might exist (there seems to be data on most everything else). Does anyone know? Thanks.

(I realize that for every two firms that show up, there might be 11 hires, 10 from one firm and 1 for the other, nevertheless, if 60 firms show up, it could balance out… and it’s understood that some offers are better than others, etc., etc.…back to the question of where to find a raw LS OCI count).

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peyton

Postby Peyton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I wasn't asking for an opinion. Just had a simple question. Thx anyway.

Archangel

Postby Archangel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Peyton wrote:I was explaining to someone looking to decide between one of several in-state law schools that rankings aside one important factor is the number of firms attending their OCI. She asked how to find that out, honestly I do not know. Do you? Is there linkable data somewhere that provides that information (even if it is from a previous year)?

Obviously T14s are slammed with OCI firms, but as one steps away from the T14 I imagine OCI firm participation trickles down to just a handful. This is my perception and it could be totally incorrect. What is the real deal?

I suggest using http://www.nalpdirectory.com/Page.cfm?PageID=34 .Use the search query on the left column under, Campus Interviews, it will provide you with the answers you are seeking.

Peyton

Postby Peyton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Archangel wrote:
Peyton wrote:I was explaining to someone looking to decide between one of several in-state law schools that rankings aside one important factor is the number of firms attending their OCI. She asked how to find that out, honestly I do not know.

I suggest using http://www.nalpdirectory.com/Page.cfm?PageID=34 .Use the search query on the left column under, Campus Interviews, it will provide you with the answers you are seeking.

Thank you so much. That data site is definitely cool. Haven’t had a chance use it much, but from what I have seen so far, it delivers. Even though my friend is choosing from schools in the same state, the OCI count definitely differs. Thx again.

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Peyton wrote:I wasn't asking for an opinion. Just had a simple question. Thx anyway.

^ Douchebag alert!

Peyton

Postby Peyton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Redamon1 wrote:^ Douchebag alert!

When it's you or Rad....it goes without saying. :lol:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”