Cardozo ($$) or Fordham(Sticker)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Cardozo ($$) or Fordham(Sticker)

Cardozo (60K)
55%
Fordham (163K)
45%

Total votes: 11

ronanOgara

Re: Cardozo ($$) or Fordham(Sticker)

Postby ronanOgara » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Jiejiaxiang wrote:You pretty much came onto a thread and said you were leaving the thread, which is kind of what you did because there was little or no input Mono

its pretty frustrating to re-takes this exam when you are 25 and youre stuck at home with no income needing to pay more money for a course to retake, pretty much delaying me till next year.

but since Im not looking to retake it seems like Fordham is the better choice for jobs even though the debt is pretty high

:shock:

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Jiejiaxiang wrote:You pretty much came onto a thread and said you were leaving the thread, which is kind of what you did because there was little or no input Mono

its pretty frustrating to re-takes this exam when you are 25 and youre stuck at home with no income needing to pay more money for a course to retake, pretty much delaying me till next year.

but since Im not looking to retake it seems like Fordham is the better choice for jobs even though the debt is pretty high

not really, the only person (people?) who gave a choice b/t the two said Dozo.

being 25 and not having a job is no excuse to make a shitty life decision. get a part time job, make the money to buy your materials and study whenever you can. tons of people are in your situation. these T2 law schools prey on the underemployed mid-20's guy with a nearly useless undergrad degree. don't let yourself become prey

empyreanrrv

Postby empyreanrrv » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Please don't go to Fordham at sticker.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Tekrul wrote:If no income is part of your rush to get into law school, go wait tables. As sardonic as that sounds, it's not a joke. I worked 3 jobs all the way through high school and 1 all the way through UG. Perseverance, retaking, and reapplying will reap you benefits you absolutely should not pass up.

Edit: and you don't need to pay more for a course, you already have the skill and knowledge to be pt'ing low 170's. Buy practice exams 1 through present and freaking do them all timed until you resemble a machine sent from the future built to destroy the LSAT.

This post got last page post skipped - reposting

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Get a job. Any job. No, law schools and legal employers are not going to care if you wait tables or work as a barista. They are desperate for numbers.

You don't need a course. Self study and use the bibles. Use the LSAT Prep forum.

It's truly amazing that someone who obviously has some abilities to recognize logical fallacies says "I don't want to wait one year and spend a couple hundred bucks, so instead I'll go ahead and spend $200,000 and have less of a 50% shot at paying it back. Kthxbye."

Also, Dozo at full > Fordham at sticker.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”