Duke vs Georgetown (20k/yr) vs. Reapplying Next Cycle

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which of the following is the best option?

Duke
30%
Georgetown (20k/yr)
41%
Reapplying Next Cycle
30%

Total votes: 44

Re: Duke vs Georgetown (20k/yr) vs. Reapplying Next Cycle

Postby 20141023 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

untar614

Postby untar614 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
moshei24 wrote:It's funny how everyone's telling me what's there. I did the research. I spoke to the people who live there, which is better than research. I find it funny how people are telling me how to practice my religion. From what I've learned, it's not logical to live there. That shul is conservative and has an orthodox minyan Shabbos day. It's 2.5 miles from campus. Shabbos meals and holiday meals will be a major pain. Finding meat will be a pain. Shall I go on? I will need a car there. I will need to spend a lot of time cooking there. The QoL will be Hell. Please learn about Orthodox Judaism before you tell me what's simple and what's not. It just doesn't make sense that you all are telling me what is and is not doable when you don't understand it.

I highlighted the important part for you. :wink:

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:32 am

jbagelboy wrote:
drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:Be careful. Pretty sure Big Zuck is a grumpy 37 year old who only breaks from RETAKE replies to mention his triumphs of a former life "chilling out, getting laid/drunk."

Sounds like fun...

Lol nice try, but no. Zuck is a quality poster who has a pretty good read on these aspie TLSers. I have to remind myself OP is orthodox to wonder how he manages to embarass himself in comparison.

Take your slanderous crap elsewhere. And yea, if you've never been fucked up, I probably would judge you a little. People with no personality and no experiences to speak of are peevish and uninteresting. Not only will the attitude Zuck pointed to make you unamiable with your peers, it also makes you less approachable to employers. Ever worked in an office?

All these people going on the internet talking about how they graduated college early cause they had no social life and need a law school environment that will accomodate some syncophantic plebeian pedantic bullshit actually do need to get laid

Guy my only point was that people who talk on anonymous forums about their ability to get drunk/laid are peevish, uninteresting, and probably fully of shit. Not siding with Moshei or SLANDERING BigZuck. Something he appearantly gets. (Don't think you're fully of shit, BigZuck -- respect the edit.)

BigZuck wrote:
drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:Be careful. Pretty sure Big Zuck is a grumpy 28 year old who only breaks from RETAKE replies to mention his triumphs of a former life "chilling out, getting drunk" all while secretly lamenting that he didn't get laid more when he was younger.

Sounds like fun...

Edited to more accurately reflect reality.

HTH

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 am

Please find a quote about me bragging about my ability to get laid. Telling someone else to go get laid is not the same thing. Reading comprehension bro.

I do love drinking but that's hardly a brag, any 21+ year old can do that.

People on the Internet are weird and get butt hurt for some stupid shit. The onus is not on me for you to properly comprehend what I'm actually saying.

As for the OP, the get laid/drunk thing was just a boorish way (I thought we were all chill bros here?) to say get some life experience and perspective. He's way too wrapped up in his own shit and is getting paralyzed by stuff that most normal adults do all the time with no issues (like cooking and driving). He can't see beyond himself and his own little world and if that doesn't go away in three years I think that's going to bite him in the ass.

Although I am coming around to him just being a troll with a lot of what he's saying. It's hard to believe a real human could be that out of touch unless he is pretty far down the spectrum. And if he is, again, he needs some socializing.

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Please find a quote about me bragging about my ability to get laid. Telling someone else to go get laid is not the same thing. Reading comprehension bro.

BigZuck wrote:You dickheads are all lame. You need to get laid and drink some alcohol... but I bet you can't, because you're lame. I, however, get laid and drink alcohol all the time, because I am not a lame dickhead.

:)

You know, I was actually thinking about that. That's why I said "find a quote" instead of "quote me."

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am

BigZuck wrote:
As for the OP, the get laid/drunk thing was just a boorish way (I thought we were all chill bros here?) to say get some life experience and perspective.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 am

TLS is full of profilers. Wow. And I never said anything about it being an issue to cook and drive, but okay.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:42 am

moshei24 wrote:TLS is full of profilers. Wow. And I never said anything about it being an issue to cook and drive, but okay.

moshei24 wrote:From what I've learned, it's not logical to live there. That shul is conservative and has an orthodox minyan Shabbos day. It's 2.5 miles from campus. Shabbos meals and holiday meals will be a major pain. Finding meat will be a pain. Shall I go on? I will need a car there. I will need to spend a lot of time cooking there. The QoL will be Hell.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 am

Cooking and driving will make your QoL "hell" but you never said it would be an "issue?"

Inconsistent arguments are something an incoming law students will want to avoid making, champ.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

And then I explained it in another post. It's sad how instead of listening, you guys just try to make good arguments that are based on false info.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 am

moshei24 wrote:And then I explained it in another post. It's sad how instead of listening, you guys just try to make good arguments that are based on false info.

Too tint consuming and annoying. We know, we got it.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am

And somehow, tint consuming and annoying=Hell

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:06 am

time*

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am

moshei24 wrote:time*

Yo my dawg I thought you were peacing out because you tired of our antics and "attacks". If I knew you were sticking around, Id have made popcorn
#arrivedattheoffice

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 am

Back for the newbies.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

moshei24 wrote:And then I explained it in another post. It's sad how instead of listening, you guys just try to make good arguments that are based on false info.

Your expalantion was that, okay, cooking would be easy, but finding food for holidays and Shabbos would be hell. But as has been pointed out, there is kosher food in Durham if you are willing to drive to a store.

And then you explained that car costs are a lot. Even broke-ass law students can handle a car, and regardless it's such a minor thing to base a $250k decision on.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:47 pm

moshei24 wrote:Back for the newbies.

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:33 pm

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:42 pm

kappycaft1 wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
moshei24 wrote:Back for the newbies.

Considered going to Brooklyn or Fordham.

FTFY :lol:

Never forget.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Back for the newbies to this thread.

And I love it how you guys are still trying to tell me the situation with kosher food there. I spoke to the people who live there. It's not that realistic. There isn't a legit kosher food store in Durham. You really gotta stop believing everything you find online, especially when you don't know how kosher works. No, having a Jewish friend does not make you know how it works.

You guys really need to start using some more basic common sense skills. Trying to pretend like you know more about how easy it will be to live there as a Jew just isn't logical. You guys are better than that, or at least I thought.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:58 pm

moshei24 wrote:You shouldn't judge OP by his email. That's a very bad way of living life. You guys are all cool. I'll just assume so.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 pm

moshei24 wrote:You guys really need to start using some more basic common sense skills. Trying to pretend like you know more about how easy it will be to live there as a Jew just isn't logical. You guys are better than that, or at least I thought.

lol dude you are a flaming broken record with this kosher shit man. First, you are defying "common sense" by imposing an abstract standard with ridiculous conditions on a very practical scenario. Naturally you reach your own result via your own twisted logic when you establish such narrow premises. People aren't even debating you any more because of Duke v Georgetown, they are just pointing out the absurd-ist nature of your comments.

Common sense would actually fly in the face of all of your bizarre rationalizations. First of all, common sense would dictate that you not base where you attend law school on food preferences. Second, as far as food is concerned, common sense would further dictate that you eat what is most readily available, most nutritious, cheapest, and tastiest. Third, even if you did restrict your eating to kosher foods, common sense would lastly dictate that you seek out all options and not dismiss them arrogantly claiming that you have all the requisite knowledge available based on a selection of conversations with a few orthodox jews in a state with nearly 10 million people. Common sense implies flexibility. You are converting "common" and "sense" to "uncommon" and "nonsensical".

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:01 pm

moshei24 wrote:End goal, yes. Immediate goal, no. My mistake. My immediate goal came to fruition.

Re: rationalizations. I'm not trolling because it's relevant.

moshei24

Postby moshei24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:34 pm

You guys don't get it. I did all the research and spoke to all the people who have relevant knowledge. The orthodox ppl there are the only ones with applicable knowledge. 10 million ppl? The pop there is 250k and of that 250k, only a handful are Orthodox Jews and only they have the knowledge of what it's like living there as an Orthodox Jew.

And yes, food matters and comfort matters when choosing a law school. It's called quality of living, which affects your studies.

This is becoming a waste of my time because you guys are too stubborn to look outside your views and understand that you don't know the situation just because you research it. It's a shame, because that kind of attitude won't serve you well. It's stupid to tell someone how their religion and quality of life would be when you've never lived it.

Now, I'll try to leave again, as you guys just don't get it.

Good luck to you all. :)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”