Emory v. UIUC v. GMU v. Davis v. Lots of Other Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
John_rizzy_rawls

Re: Emory v. UIUC v. GMU v. Davis v. Lots of Other Schools

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 am

thisonetime wrote:I'm not sure if those responding are factoring in that I'm a URM when they're telling me my employment options will be bleak. Assuming that I perform well--huge assumption--I would have significantly more options than a similarly situated white person.

Don't do this.

thisonetime

Postby thisonetime » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
thisonetime wrote:I'm not sure if those responding are factoring in that I'm a URM when they're telling me my employment options will be bleak. Assuming that I perform well--huge assumption--I would have significantly more options than a similarly situated white person.

Don't do this.

Don't assume that some companies and organizations are eager to hire high-performing URMs?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

Don't do this.

It's funny cuz it's true?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:28 am

thisonetime wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

Don't do this.

Don't assume that some companies and organizations are eager to hire high-performing URMs?

No. Don't allow that fact to cloud the fact that you could be making a bad decision in attending one of these schools.

URM boost in employment notwithstanding, there just aren't that many jobs. So be careful where you go and how much you debt you take on.

thisonetime

Postby thisonetime » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
No. Don't allow that fact to cloud the fact that you could be making a bad decision in attending one of these schools.

URM boost in employment notwithstanding, there just aren't that many jobs. So be careful where you go and how much you debt you take on.

Oh, I'm cognizant of that fact, hence my conundrum.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”