.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

.

Postby 20141023 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Scotusnerd » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 am

Not to plug my thread, but Infilaw is in the process of purchasing Charleston School of Law as well.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213984


Link for those who are too lazy to go to it:
http://www.fitsnews.com/2013/07/26/csol-meltdown/

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

.

Postby 20141023 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.


User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby buddyt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm


I've been talking to some transfers from PSL at ASU. Apparently ASU took in about 40 of them. 40. Just from PSL.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2223
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby jingosaur » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:52 pm

buddyt wrote:

I've been talking to some transfers from PSL at ASU. Apparently ASU took in about 40 of them. 40. Just from PSL.


That's 40 students paying sticker. That's $978,840 in CASH in addition to whatever the Great State of Arizona gives them per student so it's probably more around $1.4 million total. And ASU doesn't have to report any of those kids' LSAT and GPA data. Sounds like a good plan to me. And with their 61% employment score, you can sleep easy knowing that a lot of the 39% that don't get full time, long term, JD required jobs with 9 months of graduation will be those 40 kids. And they'll get a respectable ASU Law degree instead of a worthless PSOL degree. IT'S A WIN FOR EVERYONE!!!

User avatar
mewalke1
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby mewalke1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 pm

buddyt wrote:

I've been talking to some transfers from PSL at ASU. Apparently ASU took in about 40 of them. 40. Just from PSL.


The problem doesn't seem to be students getting transfer acceptance from other schools. Its that now Phx has made it clear they will do everything in their power to keep you there. Ethical or not.


User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby shifty_eyed » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:14 pm



Under a new program starting this fall, the Jacksonville law school will refund students a portion of their tuition. If a student flunks out after year one or can’t pass the bar on their second try, the school will refund $10,000 of the $40,000 annual tuition. During the three years of school, if a student does not land an internship, Florida Coastal will refund $2,000.


How generous!


User avatar
haus
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby haus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 am

shifty_eyed wrote:


Under a new program starting this fall, the Jacksonville law school will refund students a portion of their tuition. If a student flunks out after year one or can’t pass the bar on their second try, the school will refund $10,000 of the $40,000 annual tuition. During the three years of school, if a student does not land an internship, Florida Coastal will refund $2,000.


How generous!

Does the $2000 come in the form of a wal-mart gift card?

User avatar
mewalke1
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby mewalke1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:54 am

This is biggest problem with the infilaw schools. This poor guy got accepted into 3 infilaw schools.


140 LSAT 2.3 GPA.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JDhope27

To bad the guy didn't come on here first.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby hephaestus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:43 am

mewalke1 wrote:This is biggest problem with the infilaw schools. This poor guy got accepted into 3 infilaw schools.


140 LSAT 2.3 GPA.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JDhope27

To bad the guy didn't come on here first.

I'm sure they're happy to have him in the infilaw family. Egregious.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4147
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Poor guy. Going to Charlotte, doubtless paying sticker.

Shame on the government for offering loans for this shit.

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby californiauser » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 pm

mewalke1 wrote:This is biggest problem with the infilaw schools. This poor guy got accepted into 3 infilaw schools.


140 LSAT 2.3 GPA.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JDhope27

To bad the guy didn't come on here first.


How does someone find Law School Numbers and not TLS.com?

User avatar
Ahamilton
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Ahamilton » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:02 pm

just an FYI: phoenix law school has been renamed arizona summit.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Otunga » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Charlotte is persistent with their emails. Has anyone responded to them?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2223
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby jingosaur » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Otunga wrote:Charlotte is persistent with their emails. Has anyone responded to them?


They generally don't respond to the e-mail blast replies, especially if the response asks for employment stats or the candidate is way out of the school's league, because they know about TLS and they know that we troll them and post their responses on TLS. If you look at the first 3 pages of the Advertising Megathread, you can see some of their responses, but they stopped responding.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby hephaestus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Ahamilton wrote:just an FYI: phoenix law school has been renamed arizona summit.

Maybe now people will stop thinking Phoenix Law was associated with university of Phoenix.

User avatar
MistakenGenius
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Scotusnerd » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Anyone know if the sale of Charleston to Infilaw is final yet?


Pretty sure it's not final yet, and the deal might be going bad. I think Infilaw is having cold feet about it. My guess is that the people in Charleston know that their school is about to go down the shitter and are hemming and hawing, especially after the massively negative public outcry about it. There are some pretty established lawyers in Charleston who got pretty pissed about the decision.

User avatar
Cicero76
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Cicero76 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Anyone know if the sale of Charleston to Infilaw is final yet?


Pretty sure it's not final yet, and the deal might be going bad. I think Infilaw is having cold feet about it. My guess is that the people in Charleston know that their school is about to go down the shitter and are hemming and hawing, especially after the massively negative public outcry about it. There are some pretty established lawyers in Charleston who got pretty pissed about the decision.


Does going from T4 to for-profit T4 actually count as going down? If anything, Infilaw will back out because law schools are becoming unprofitable.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Anyone know if the sale of Charleston to Infilaw is final yet?


Pretty sure it's not final yet, and the deal might be going bad. I think Infilaw is having cold feet about it. My guess is that the people in Charleston know that their school is about to go down the shitter and are hemming and hawing, especially after the massively negative public outcry about it. There are some pretty established lawyers in Charleston who got pretty pissed about the decision.


Does going from T4 to for-profit T4 actually count as going down? If anything, Infilaw will back out because law schools are becoming unprofitable.


Charleston Law is already a for-profit school.

It also already has bad employment statistics and high debt.

What boggles me about the acquisition is why everyone is making such a fuss. What exactly is the difference if the name on the door is Infilaw or not?

User avatar
Ahamilton
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: For-Profit Law Schools: InfiLaw

Postby Ahamilton » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Anyone know if the sale of Charleston to Infilaw is final yet?


Pretty sure it's not final yet, and the deal might be going bad. I think Infilaw is having cold feet about it. My guess is that the people in Charleston know that their school is about to go down the shitter and are hemming and hawing, especially after the massively negative public outcry about it. There are some pretty established lawyers in Charleston who got pretty pissed about the decision.


Does going from T4 to for-profit T4 actually count as going down? If anything, Infilaw will back out because law schools are becoming unprofitable.


Charleston Law is already a for-profit school.

It also already has bad employment statistics and high debt.

What boggles me about the acquisition is why everyone is making such a fuss. What exactly is the difference if the name on the door is Infilaw or not?


i concur.

User avatar
MistakenGenius
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LawSchoolTitan, mt2165, Thomas Hagan, ESQ. and 1 guest