Still Totally Split (W&M, GW, WUSTL, NU)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

W&M, WUSTL, GW, or NU?

W&M
22%
WUSTL
11%
GW
7%
NU
60%

Total votes: 55

jbagelboy

Re: Still Totally Split (W&M, GW, WUSTL, NU)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Robespierre wrote:"W&M: $20k/yr scholarship. Including tuition, fees living expenses, etc. it will cost me $34,650/year."

W&M COA is only $54,650 per year?

yup

http://law.wm.edu/admissions/cost/

in state is even lower.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Err26 wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Err26 wrote:
1) I want to work in media and telecommunication law and policy in the DC area. I have a UG degree in the field, and this is the only career goal I am certain of.

Is this UG degree an engineering degree? If so, disregard all the advice you have gotten in this thread about how hard it is to get DC. If it's like, journalism, I am not sure if you know what telecom law means.

If you have a STEM undergrad degree, don't go to law school. If you have a Comm undergrad degree, it doesn't have any value in any field of law.

It's a Bachelor of Science in Communication, with a Media Management major. It's kind of an obscure thing that my UG offers. So it's not a hard science but it's definitely not straight journalism. I took quite a few technical classes including telecomm systems policy, electronic media, etc. I'm just worried I'll have a tough time explaining to employers that it isn't a standard fluffy journalism or comm degree. lol.

I can't believe nobody commented on this.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:50 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Err26 wrote:It's a Bachelor of Science in Communication, with a Media Management major. It's kind of an obscure thing that my UG offers. So it's not a hard science but it's definitely not straight journalism. I took quite a few technical classes including telecomm systems policy, electronic media, etc. I'm just worried I'll have a tough time explaining to employers that it isn't a standard fluffy journalism or comm degree. lol.

TLS ITT:

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:30 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
Err26 wrote:It's a Bachelor of Science in Communication, with a Media Management major. It's kind of an obscure thing that my UG offers. So it's not a hard science but it's definitely not straight journalism. I took quite a few technical classes including telecomm systems policy, electronic media, etc. I'm just worried I'll have a tough time explaining to employers that it isn't a standard fluffy journalism or comm degree. lol.

OP: Your degree is a standard fluffy journalism/comm degree.

Also, why do people keep saying "reverse splitter" like it's a thing? These are people who nearly always need to retake, plain and simple, regardless of what their goals are. Nobody should go to law school until they get their LSAT to a point where they (a) get HYS, (b) get T14 with a sensible debt/outcome ratio, or (c) get a full or almost full ride to the best school that feeds into their target market.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”