Temple ($) v. Rutgers-C ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What school should I attend?

Temple- (~$100,000)
No votes
Rutgers-C (~$50,000)
100%

Total votes: 4

chipshoote

Temple ($) v. Rutgers-C ($$)

Postby chipshoote » Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rutgers will be(including COL): ~ $50,000 in debt (in state and $10,000 scholarship if I stay in top half)
Temple will be (including COL): ~ $100,000 in debt( I am OOS and have a $7,500 scholarship provided I sty in top 2/3rds)
I will be financing mostly on loans
I am from the Philadelphia area and would ideally like to work there. I am really interested in Public Interest such as the DA/PD office but , truthfully, I probably wont know for sure until I am in school and seeing what the field is really like. The Trial ad program at temple really got to me, but we'll see what everyone else thinks.
I'd rather not share my LSAT information but can PM you if you need me to.

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure.

Thanks everyone for your input and time.

jbagelboy

Re: Temple ($) v. Rutgers-C ($$)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

the stips are bad. I wouldn't attend either unless you can remove them, esp. the top half one.

With your goals (PD's office), the $100K is too much debt to assume. I would take Rutgers @ $50K, but again, only if you can get the stips removed. I think they have decent connections to philly and jersey DA.

By not sharing your LSAT, you are just begging the question, why can't you retake? It's easier to just provide it.

rickgrimes69

Postby rickgrimes69 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Temple isn't worth $50k more than Rutgers. Do Rutgers and drop out if you lose your scholly after 1L.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 pm

jbagelboy wrote:the stips are bad. I wouldn't attend either unless you can remove them, esp. the top half one.

With your goals (PD's office), the $100K is too much debt to assume. I would take Rutgers @ $50K, but again, only if you can get the stips removed. I think they have decent connections to philly and jersey DA.

By not sharing your LSAT, you are just begging the question, why can't you retake? It's easier to just provide it.

In b4 "I don't wanna"

I pretty much agree with Rick. I am curious how the non- loan part of all this is being paid for because there is no way that is the full COA for each school. You or a parent paying out of pocket? Only do so if you or your benefactor is stoopid rich.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 am

chipshoote wrote:Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rutgers will be(including COL): ~ $50,000 in debt (in state and $10,000 scholarship if I stay in top half)
Temple will be (including COL): ~ $100,000 in debt( I am OOS and have a $7,500 scholarship provided I sty in top 2/3rds)
I will be financing mostly on loans
I am from the Philadelphia area and would ideally like to work there. I am really interested in Public Interest such as the DA/PD office but , truthfully, I probably wont know for sure until I am in school and seeing what the field is really like. The Trial ad program at temple really got to me, but we'll see what everyone else thinks.
I'd rather not share my LSAT information but can PM you if you need me to.

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure.

Thanks everyone for your input and time.

Temple is out, as it isn't worth anywhere near $100k. Rutgers-C for $50k is going to be the better choice here (although I'd be interested in seeing how you arrived at that COA--it seems low), especially if you can get that stip loosened up a bit or even removed.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”