Deferral, I don't know what to do

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What should I do?

Poll ended at Fri May 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Defer at UVA
7%
Crazy? suck it up and go to Harvard
89%
Re-take
4%
Re-apply without re-take
No votes

Total votes: 54

untar614

Re: Deferral, I don't know what to do

Postby untar614 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:02 pm

0831kf wrote:Thanx everyone. I talked to the offices today. I will be attending for free for 1L. For 2L and 3L, they are not sure but it's likely to be free. Harvard has been very generous to veterans over the last few years, and they've told me it's probably going to be that way. So, it's out of question. HLS for free (worst case $60K). Who would refuse such a thing if you want to be a lawyer?

Unless I become insane or die (I hope not, I survived in Afghanistan) back home (I leave tomorrow morning), I will be at Boston this Fall. Thank you guys. I'm about to enjoy the sweetest 3 months of my life. Thank you all for advice.

wow, what an incredible deal. congrats.

0831kf

Postby 0831kf » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

untar614 wrote:
0831kf wrote:Thanx everyone. I talked to the offices today. I will be attending for free for 1L. For 2L and 3L, they are not sure but it's likely to be free. Harvard has been very generous to veterans over the last few years, and they've told me it's probably going to be that way. So, it's out of question. HLS for free (worst case $60K). Who would refuse such a thing if you want to be a lawyer?

Unless I become insane or die (I hope not, I survived in Afghanistan) back home (I leave tomorrow morning), I will be at Boston this Fall. Thank you guys. I'm about to enjoy the sweetest 3 months of my life. Thank you all for advice.

wow, what an incredible deal. congrats.

Yeah, thank you. I mean, HLS for free tuition + stipends, just couldn't resist it. Yes, I want to be home longer, but HLS for free just made me say "I'll suck it up." Like I said, I receive more from America than what I gave to America. It's really American dream come true in 6 years. I'll still have to make it to biglaw, but I'm sure I have very decent chance. I'll be so happy tomorrow when I land at home (haven't been there for 6 years) and be able to tell the news to my old friends.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 am

Thank God, between your two threads I was starting to think you were going to make a stupid decision.

Myself

Postby Myself » Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 pm

If law school admissions were an exam, you just got a 100%. Congrats.

0831kf

Postby 0831kf » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Enjoying my sweet home. My parents are not that happy that I'm not staying with them a year, but Harvard COA 0 made them happy. I actually was asked to interview with my undergrad for getting into Harvard...I knew Asians were crazy with Harvard but this is kind a crazy~

Anyways, enjoying my sweet time and hope the best of you all!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”