Accepted to Ave Maria, Florida Coastal, and Charleston

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jbrewer202

Accepted to Ave Maria, Florida Coastal, and Charleston

Postby jbrewer202 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I am trying to decide where I want to attend, I live in Florida and want to go out of state because this will probably be my last chance to experience life outside of the Sunshine State. I am on wait list at mercer and I am really hoping to attend there in the fall, I have to send my deposit to Charleston soon if that is where I want to go.
I just wanted some of yalls input on which school you would attend. I have a 2.67 and a 150 with some serious life experiences and I know those are horrible scores, but I didn't want to attend a big school. I am leaning towards Charleston but I jsut wanted to hear some additional input before I send a check.

Thanks for your time

Winston1984

Re: Accepted to Ave Maria, Florida Coastal, and Charleston

Postby Winston1984 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Please don't attend any of these schools. No one on this board is going to endorse any of these options unless you are going for free and have a guaranteed job lined up now.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm sorry but please don't attend these schools, especially one because you want to experience life outside Florida. If you want to work in Florida, go to school there at Florida or Miami for really cheap.

You won't get a job from these schools. Please don't send them money.

And "not going to a big school" is a terrible excuse for these schools. Please retake the LSAT. You won't regret it.

Take 2 months, study, and save yourself from debt prison for the rest of your life.

badaboom61

Postby badaboom61 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Don't attend any of these schools for any reason. No law firm, corporation, government, public interest organization, or any other remotely legal employer anywhere in the country will ever hire you if attend one of these schools, even if you pass the bar exam.

gpallet01

Postby gpallet01 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:22 pm

why do people on this board always reply to flame posts?

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 pm

gpallet01 wrote:why do people on this board always reply to flame posts?

for posterity's sake. we assume they will be even dumber than we are

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Go to the light!

.... the light is the October LSAT.

porch

Postby porch » Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Retake and ed UVA

mkemmitt

Postby mkemmitt » Fri May 24, 2013 10:28 am

180 or retake

mkemmitt

Postby mkemmitt » Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 am

But seriously, retake

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 am

Srsly... someone with a 2.67 / 150 posting on TOP-law-schools? It can only be a flame.

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Fri May 24, 2013 12:21 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:

Srsly... someone with a 2.67 / 150 posting on TOP-law-schools? It can only be a flame.

Unfortunately, I don't think so - look at post history.

RRRRRRRREEEEETAKE!

KD35

Postby KD35 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 pm

jbrewer202 wrote:I am trying to decide where I want to attend, I live in Florida and want to go out of state because this will probably be my last chance to experience life outside of the Sunshine State. I am on wait list at mercer and I am really hoping to attend there in the fall, I have to send my deposit to Charleston soon if that is where I want to go.
I just wanted some of yalls input on which school you would attend. I have a 2.67 and a 150 with some serious life experiences and I know those are horrible scores, but I didn't want to attend a big school. I am leaning towards Charleston but I jsut wanted to hear some additional input before I send a check.

Thanks for your time

Those are all TTTT, choose Cooley.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 pm

My thoughts exactly.

Every lounger who gets bored for 5 minutes:

"I think I'll create an alt, flame on-topic, and LULZ will ensue..."

That's why so many of these threads have run-away OP's, someone truly concerned with their future would be back saying "omg really?" and "tell me more!" but flames get distracted by the Cleavage thread....

Mick Haller

Postby Mick Haller » Fri May 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Don't

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Fri May 24, 2013 2:17 pm

All 3 of your options have strong barista and secretarial placement records. You do not want to go to any law school with a strong barista and secretarial placement record.

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Fri May 24, 2013 2:23 pm

KD35 wrote:
jbrewer202 wrote:I am trying to decide where I want to attend, I live in Florida and want to go out of state because this will probably be my last chance to experience life outside of the Sunshine State. I am on wait list at mercer and I am really hoping to attend there in the fall, I have to send my deposit to Charleston soon if that is where I want to go.

Thanks for your time

Dude layoff Cooley...they have 2000 chairs in their library bro. YOLO.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote: Dude layoff Cooley...they have 2000 chairs in their library bro. YOLO.

1 Biglaw graduate in a class of 999 is literally the most hilarious law-school statistic I've ever seen.

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:
KD35 wrote:

Thanks for your time

Dude layoff Cooley...they have 2000 chairs in their library bro. YOLO.

This is worth something. Whether it should be 25% of the ranking is obviously a joke, but it's worth something. Library space is very underrated.

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Choosing to go to any of those schools will almost certainly be one of the worst decisions you've ever made. If you want to be an attorney: study much harder for the LSAT, and get into a much better school with a lot more money.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri May 24, 2013 3:23 pm

OP, assuming you aren't trolling us, another element of this equation to consider when evaluating your choices is that these law schools may close within several years. While this seems theoretical now, it's actually a huge issue for anyone considering attending. Each of these three schools are on the verge of total financial and pedagogic ruin due to declining applications and the status of economy.

This poses two major problems to anyone considering attending, even for free.

1) the law school could close while you are a student. The credits won't be transferable to a real school. You will have invested years and inevitably some money and not even get a JD.

2) the law school will close after you graduate if it doesn't while you are a student. This will essentially invalidate your JD. Whatever alumni network exists (could you call Florida Coastal grads "alumns" of anything?) will no longer be applicable, and there won't be an employment office or any resources to help you as a grad. Effectively, a waste of 3 years and an obsolete degree

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Fri May 24, 2013 3:40 pm

jbagelboy wrote:OP, assuming you aren't trolling us, another element of this equation to consider when evaluating your choices is that these law schools may close within several years. While this seems theoretical now, it's actually a huge issue for anyone considering attending. Each of these three schools are on the verge of total financial and pedagogic ruin due to declining applications and the status of economy.

This poses two major problems to anyone considering attending, even for free.

1) the law school could close while you are a student. The credits won't be transferable to a real school. You will have invested years and inevitably some money and not even get a JD.

2) the law school will close after you graduate if it doesn't while you are a student. This will essentially invalidate your JD. Whatever alumni network exists (could you call Florida Coastal grads "alumns" of anything?) will no longer be applicable, and there won't be an employment office or any resources to help you as a grad. Effectively, a waste of 3 years and an obsolete degree

Can the school actually close before current students have finished? That would seem to be grounds for getting refunded their prior years, wouldn't it? They are paying to earn that school's JD, not just for the courses.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

ur fuked

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:ur fuked

Return to “Choosing a Law School”