UC Davis vs Hastings vs UW Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: UC Davis vs Hastings vs UW

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:TLS... Since when do we listen to these debt doesn't matter, retake off the table posts...
never.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Fri May 24, 2013 3:34 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:TLS... Since when do we listen to these debt doesn't matter, retake off the table posts...
Now you, I like you.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 am

Borhas wrote:
onionskin wrote:Do you know what it was about being at Hastings that did not give people fond memories?

Davis honestly seems like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind the cycling and the market and the close proximity of female undergraduates and just the Davis Wiki has given me a pretty good impression of the place. It's also close enough to the American River that I could go paddling regularly. But I kind of hate small towns. I did a GIS for "Davis, California" and the results just made me want to cry.
I really liked going to Hastings, fun times and good friends in an awesome city.

But yeah its a TTT just like Davis, and UW, a few people will get amazing jobs but about half will struggle hardcore coming out of the gate. The Bay Area is doing OK economically, but it's so highly desired that it is hyper competitive. Unless you are rich or something try something else.
UW and Hastings are TTT?

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 24, 2013 4:55 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Borhas wrote:
onionskin wrote:Do you know what it was about being at Hastings that did not give people fond memories?

Davis honestly seems like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind the cycling and the market and the close proximity of female undergraduates and just the Davis Wiki has given me a pretty good impression of the place. It's also close enough to the American River that I could go paddling regularly. But I kind of hate small towns. I did a GIS for "Davis, California" and the results just made me want to cry.
I really liked going to Hastings, fun times and good friends in an awesome city.

But yeah its a TTT just like Davis, and UW, a few people will get amazing jobs but about half will struggle hardcore coming out of the gate. The Bay Area is doing OK economically, but it's so highly desired that it is hyper competitive. Unless you are rich or something try something else.
UW and Hastings are TTT?
yes

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Fri May 24, 2013 4:58 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Borhas wrote:

UW and Hastings are TTT?
yes
Yes, I fully understand your very pronounced views on the matter dude lol

I disagree. I personally think most of the T30-T50, with significant amounts of money, aren't terrible options for some people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 am

Micdiddy wrote:
Now you, I like you.
Its just mindblowing. Its like we flipped the script and trolled them for once.

Whats next?:
"Pretend we're in an imaginary debt-free place, and retaking isn't a thing...I'd like to work in international space human rights, and I've got admission to two TTT schools, I applied in March and can't take a year off for unexplained personal reasons. I'm not eligible for PAYE, have undergrad debt, and can't figure out a COA for shit. I think I can live in NYC for 8k a year. Also, I entirely don't understand interest, and will not factor it into any decisions at all. I got a partial scholarship, and I only have to remain in the top 1/4 of a stacked section. Also, I will rely on my girlfriend for cost of living. Should I go to school A or B?"
"Oh dude, School B is in a way better neighborhood, do that"

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Fri May 24, 2013 5:35 am

Hastings is rough.
UW is alright.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote: UW and Hastings are TTT?
yes

I disagree. I personally think most of the T30-T50, with significant amounts of money, aren't terrible options for some people.
Yeah well I agree with but I also don't think TTT's with a lot of money are terrible options. At schools like UCD and UCH a significant amount of people do get good jobs before graduation in an awesome part of the country. I mean no they aren't Coolies, the schools themselves are fine but 50% of the class won't be employed at graduation because the Bay Area is competitive as fuck. In that sense they are TTT.
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 24, 2013 12:02 pm

the only schools worth going to that are T30-T50 are those in the mid-west.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Borhas wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote: UW and Hastings are TTT?
yes

Yeah well I agree with but I also don't think TTT's with a lot of money are terrible options. At schools like UCD and UCH a significant amount of people do get good jobs before graduation in an awesome part of the country. I mean no they aren't Coolies, the schools themselves are fine but 50% of the class won't be employed at graduation because the Bay Area is competitive as fuck. In that sense they are TTT.
You think roughly 10% is significant?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri May 24, 2013 12:13 pm

BigZuck wrote:You think roughly 10% is significant?
i think more that 10% get "good jobs" but yeah sure

Roughly 50% get full time, permanent, bar passage required jobs

About 15% into fed clerkships and big law firms the rest in small law and state government and a handful in the federal govt

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Borhas wrote:

About 15% into fed clerkships and big law firms the rest in small law and state government and a handful in the federal govt
I stand corrected. 15%.

15% of the class getting jobs that could pay off their mountain of debt isn't very significant to me.

Also: in b4 PAYE

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri May 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:the only schools worth going to that are T30-T50 are those in the mid-west.
and then only at SIGNIFICANT discount.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Borhas wrote:

I stand corrected. 15%.

15% of the class getting jobs that could pay off their mountain of debt isn't very significant to me.

Are you really trying to bust my balls in a semantic debate over the word "significant?" Fucking retard.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 24, 2013 3:06 pm

OP- as evidenced by our friend Borhas here, Hastings students aren't the happiest students around. Something to keep in mind when deciding here.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Borhas wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Borhas wrote:

I stand corrected. 15%.

Are you really trying to bust my balls in a semantic debate over the word "significant?" Fucking retard.
I think the real semantics at issue here is your definition of the word "good."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 24, 2013 3:11 pm

BigZuck wrote:OP- as evidenced by our friend Borhas here, Hastings students aren't the happiest students around. Something to keep in mind when deciding here.
fallacy of composition, bruh.

Just cause Borhas isn't happy doesn't mean Hastings students, as a whole, aren't happy. That's what you're concluding, and that is so TTT. Makes me want to slap you.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Zuck, kill yourself, you fucking worm.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
BigZuck wrote:OP- as evidenced by our friend Borhas here, Hastings students aren't the happiest students around. Something to keep in mind when deciding here.
fallacy of composition, bruh.

Just cause Borhas isn't happy doesn't mean Hastings students, as a whole, aren't happy. That's what you're concluding, and that is so TTT. Makes me want to slap you.
:)

Yeah, I was kidding. Borhas is cool, he's just doing his Internet schtick.

But almost all past and current Hastings students I have met (other than the ones they hand picked for ASW last year) didn't seem particularly happy with their choice. Unless they were boomers in which case Hastings is just slightly below Stanford and slightly above Harvard in their eyes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”