UCLA ($$$) vs NYU ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

NYU UCLA

NYU (25K, 25K, 12.5K)
58%
UCLA (46K,41K,41K)
42%

Total votes: 53

Antrim

Re: UCLA ($$$) vs NYU ($$)

Postby Antrim » Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm

NYU and don't look back

BabyJT

Postby BabyJT » Mon May 20, 2013 3:18 pm

You need to really calculate total COA because nearly full ride at UCLA doesn't mean free. You will still graduate with crushing debt, though it is not as crushing as it will be from NYU. You will have what $65 less in debt? Not a huge difference imo if you are looking at $100k+ for either school. also there is a huge entertainment market in NYC as well so it is not impossible to network in ent while at NYU and make valuable connections. It may give you more options if you combine your NYC connections with your SoCal connections. Also, I keep in touch via email with people in entertainment in SoCal every now and then (not more than every 6mos-1yr) that are VERY willing to help me out even though we'eve never met face to face, and I'll add we only have mutual co-workers and the same undergrad in common.

yantasticguy

Postby yantasticguy » Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 pm

110 K difference at repayment

twenty

Postby twenty » Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Federal Communication Commission

Save yourself the pain of entertaining this idea. You're quite a bit more likely to get biglaw from either school than get FCC.

Long story short, if you trust your connections enough to base what will ultimately amount to your early/mid career on them, go for UCLA. Otherwise, NYU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”