NorCal Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

NorCal Schools

UC Hastings
26%
Santa Clara
56%
McGeorge
19%

Total votes: 27

Micdiddy

Re: NorCal Schools

Postby Micdiddy » Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:So...I just want to check in and make sure OP checks this link out before taking anyone's advice on where to go http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/law-s ... on-boards/

Also, 45k COA, is not a bad deal as long as you can live with it if you don't land a good enough job. Try to get the scholly stip lowered if possible though. Finally, retaking does not always help. Just like there are plenty of people who study hard, retake and get better scores, there are plenty of people who study hard, retake and get worse scores.

Yeah, no

Wait, what? Was there a story even to be told? An anecdote about how message boards negatively affected her in some way? Sounds like she's just neurotic, paranoid and plain wrong.
"Despite the confident tone of their posts, they’re really just repeating something that their cousin’s girlfriend’s pre-law advisor once said."
Haha, yes because everyone on TLS knows pre-law advisors have all the answers...

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:So...I just want to check in and make sure OP checks this link out before taking anyone's advice on where to go http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/law-s ... on-boards/

Also, 45k COA, is not a bad deal as long as you can live with it if you don't land a good enough job. Try to get the scholly stip lowered if possible though. Finally, retaking does not always help. Just like there are plenty of people who study hard, retake and get better scores, there are plenty of people who study hard, retake and get worse scores.

Yeah, no

Wait, what? Was there a story even to be told? An anecdote about how message boards negatively affected her in some way? Sounds like she's just neurotic, paranoid and plain wrong.
"Despite the confident tone of their posts, they’re really just repeating something that their cousin’s girlfriend’s pre-law advisor once said."
Haha, yes because everyone on TLS knows pre-law advisors have all the answers...

Yea, I found this line very ironic. TLS specializes in discrediting and warning against the flaming bullshit spouted by boomer undergrad pre-law advisers (although I'm sure they mean well, they come from a different time where UC Hastings was a great school for a big firm job). Sure, people do irresponsibly hypothesize, rely on family/professional anecdotes, and sometimes just say random bullshit -- just as people do in any forum, online, in-person, or otherwise -- but never would we quote our pre-law advisers, lmao.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon May 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Yeah, no

There is an element of the blind leading the blind for admissions related Qs here, but I don't see how he could possibly discredit advice on taking the LSAT from TLS. We may not be adcomms but we've certainly taken (and for many of us excelled) at the LSAT. Clearly he is just trying to discredit TLS to increase demand for his services.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Yeah, no

"Despite the confident tone of their posts, they’re really just repeating something that their ."

There is an element of the blind leading the blind for admissions related Qs here, but I don't see how he could possibly discredit advice on taking the LSAT from TLS. We may not be adcomms but we've certainly taken (and for many of us excelled) at the LSAT. Clearly he is just trying to discredit TLS to increase demand for his services.

The ability to crowdsource test prep and admissions functions will usually beat individual advisors, especially when those individual advisors are usually pretty clueless.

Also, many posters here are law students or successful lawyers, so I'm not sure what all that "cousin’s girlfriend’s pre-law advisor" nonsense is about.

KD35

Postby KD35 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Just don't go to McGeorge...

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue May 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Santa Clara > > Mcgeorge > Hastings

At least they didn't provide you with TTTT pencils!

Dr. Dre wrote:Image

Return to “Choosing a Law School”