U Chicago Rubenstein Disappearing? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
beepboopbeep

Gold

Re: U Chicago Rubenstein Disappearing?

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Regulus wrote:Also, here are the past rankings and historic GPAs to show how things were before the Ruby. As you can see, I think the Ruby has definitely had a positive influence on the University, and it would be a shame to not find a replacement for it.
What the fuck happened in 1990?

Agreed on all the rest. Cafaro is also just not as catchy as "Ruby". These things are important.

nordicsair

New

Post by nordicsair » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:ca n'existe que en France, ma cheri!
an international man of mystery is in our midst. teach us, great one.
He's doing it wrong.
First, good public schools are better than most private schools. So paying the ~100k (or whatever was being tossed around) is definitely not worth it for most private schools.
The value of the top private schools comes from signalling and the networking. The best schools might have some better professors or labs than the best public schools do, but it's hard to compare those. Instead, you're paying for that name on your resume that says you both got into and [hopefully] succeeded at a school full of the best students.
You're also paying for the opportunity to have a real career, one outside of the legal industry. Once you decide to go to law school, the benefit of that great private school won't be nearly as significant.
If your parents are wealthy, it's not a bad way to invest in the future of their kids. It beats the estate tax.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue May 14, 2013 3:44 am

nordicsair wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
He's doing it wrong.
First, good public schools are better than most private schools. So paying the ~100k (or whatever was being tossed around) is definitely not worth it for most private schools.
The value of the top private schools comes from signalling and the networking. The best schools might have some better professors or labs than the best public schools do, but it's hard to compare those. Instead, you're paying for that name on your resume that says you both got into and [hopefully] succeeded at a school full of the best students.
You're also paying for the opportunity to have a real career, one outside of the legal industry. Once you decide to go to law school, the benefit of that great private school won't be nearly as significant.
If your parents are wealthy, it's not a bad way to invest in the future of their kids. It beats the estate tax.
I don't know why I'm taking so much flak here when there are tons of students from private schools on TLS and I'm the only one standing up for the value of my experience. I know some other TLSers were at Yale (carbon?), Columbia (az?), Williams, Stanford, Penn (aiaea?) ect. along with me and they all surely paid tuition too.

All I ever tried to say is that my education was worth $200,000 to my grandparents/parents, and they were willing to pay for it and encouraged me to attend, so I did, and I have no regrets. I can't imagine a better single way to spend the money (you could say successful investments, but my parents weren't going to just hand me the cash to invest anyway). My family isn't "wealthy" but not poor or needy either.

I was never trying to start a private/public debate here. It just happens Cal and UCLA were the only "cheaper" schools I applied to and considered attending as a senior in high school. They are amazing schools. Yet I know that my outcome and opportunities, despite the fact that I wasn't even in the top 25% of my class, are way better than many of my high school friends who went to big public schools and didn't do so hot. Everyone I know my year at my UG is doing something interesting, innovative, lucrative, other than the spoiled d-bags living on their parents money (and many of whom just live at home and study for the LSAT ironically enough) but they would do that anywhere. With a post-grad unemployment rate nationally of 25% and underemployment of over 50%, I know there must be a lot of other schools not providing this basic service aside from the collegiate/educational experience itself.

Everyone has their own take on how they achieved their bachelors and what it was worth to them. I didn't start this conversation by hating on anyone else, some troll just harassed me for no reason about paying for college and it turned into this shitfest. I'm really sorry if I alienated or insulted anyone's education, I won't speak to yours but I ask please that you stop judging what you don't know about mine

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 am

jbagelboy wrote:
philepistemer wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
philepistemer wrote:As a rich person who spent like 50k on undergrad: lol, you are an idiot if you think you gained anything (besides your future wife) from the "prestigious" undergrad you went to. People (especially those who turned down ivies) get top consulting and finance jobs all the time from from flagships, and upper-level humanities classes are just as "intimate" at big state schools as they are at lib arts places. If you are into the life of the mind (as I am), good state schools have unparalleled course offerings and libraries.

But hey, we're going to the same school next year, and we'd probably get along well, so let me say that you sound like a good guy who will probably be successful.
Thanks! you too. I don't think the "consultant" thing is the main result (or gain), it's far more difficult to valuate in these terms, but I'll grant you I know as little about your experience as you could know about mine so we should refrain from making such judgments. FWIW I'm sure we're all a little sassier on the internet than we'd be in person. No one would tell me as a stranger to my face that my parents wasted money on my education, even if they thought it to themselves. And I'd probably fold and agree with you on such a trivial point just to be civil even if my pride had been ever so marginally injured :).

Here's to hoping such divisive, personal and subjective conversations keep at a minimum at Columbia! See you most likely in the fall :)
My post was probably too harsh, but you need to understand that I had to refrain from commenting on my high school friends' dumb decisions when they decided to spend 200k on tuition at wannabe-elite schools like Notre Dame and middling lib arts places. My post was the product of years of bottled up condescension, and if you went to hypscc, MIT, Williams, or Swarthmore, I partially retract some of the vitriol.
I cant out myself too far but lets just say I attended a school among or equivalent to the schools you listed. I accept your retraction and I completely agree 200K for notre dame, usc, ect would be way too much
I have no idea why Notre Dame UG is getting blasted here. Their UG Business School is as good as it gets. All the big companies in Chicago seriously love hiring their graduates. They also have a national network of alumni that are borderline-obnoxiously prideful of having gone to Notre Dame. With a giant war chest thanks to those prideful alumni they also hand out scholarship money like candy.. and South Bend has a pretty low cost of living on top of it all.

I have no idea where you could have gone to think ND is a waste of money but that wherever you went wasn't. I mean, if you went to Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, or Yale then good for you, seriously. If you went to a Lower-Ivey League school then lol.. all of the elitism of HYP without nearly the same caliber of school.

Full disclosure, I only applied to in-state schools (only 2 of them) to keep my costs down and because the smart 18 year old that I was I just knew I wanted to go to law school. :roll:

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 am

jbagelboy wrote:
nordicsair wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
He's doing it wrong.
I don't know why I'm taking so much flak here when there are tons of students from private schools on TLS and I'm the only one standing up for the value of my experience. I know some other TLSers were at Yale (carbon?), Columbia (az?), Williams, Stanford, Penn (aiaea?) ect. along with me and they all surely paid tuition too.

All I ever tried to say is that my education was worth $200,000 to my grandparents/parents, and they were willing to pay for it and encouraged me to attend, so I did, and I have no regrets. I can't imagine a better single way to spend the money (you could say successful investments, but my parents weren't going to just hand me the cash to invest anyway). My family isn't "wealthy" but not poor or needy either.

I was never trying to start a private/public debate here. It just happens Cal and UCLA were the only "cheaper" schools I applied to and considered attending as a senior in high school. They are amazing schools. Yet I know that my outcome and opportunities, despite the fact that I wasn't even in the top 25% of my class, are way better than many of my high school friends who went to big public schools and didn't do so hot. Everyone I know my year at my UG is doing something interesting, innovative, lucrative, other than the spoiled d-bags living on their parents money (and many of whom just live at home and study for the LSAT ironically enough) but they would do that anywhere. With a post-grad unemployment rate nationally of 25% and underemployment of over 50%, I know there must be a lot of other schools not providing this basic service aside from the collegiate/educational experience itself.

Everyone has their own take on how they achieved their bachelors and what it was worth to them. I didn't start this conversation by hating on anyone else, some troll just harassed me for no reason about paying for college and it turned into this shitfest. I'm really sorry if I alienated or insulted anyone's education, I won't speak to yours but I ask please that you stop judging what you don't know about mine
To be honest, I would understand your position a lot more if you were from New York and the only state schools you had the option of getting in-state tuition for were those SUNY schools since those are all pretty meh... The UCs though I have a tough time understanding.. I mean UC-Berkely and UCLA are pretty damn great schools and can match almost any private school in the country. A bunch of the other UCs aren't shabby by any means either. I guess from the perspective of knowing you want to go to Law School I don't really see how it would make a lot of sense to pay double the cost for what just amounts to some intangible benefits that are hard to really quantify. Some of your statements earlier about state schools were a bit silly.. yeah, they're big and thus there's a lot of people who suck and are pretty much aimless but there's plenty of opportunity for high achievers to succeed. I certainly believe someone who was able to get into a school like Harvard will be able to be just as successful if they choose to go to a well-reputable state school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 am

john7234797 wrote:

The UCs though I have a tough time understanding.. I mean UC-Berkely and UCLA are pretty damn great schools and can match almost any private school in the country.
This has all kinds of fail. UC berkeley and UCLA undergrad cannot compare to private school education in this country. Holy crap, do you really think this? The UG experience/education there is ridiculous, horrendous, unsophisticated. Even Milton freedman dissed UCLA undergrad. Proof? Click here. It will start at 1:50

john7234797 wrote:

A bunch of the other UCs aren't shabby by any means either.

UC Riverside, Merced, Irvine, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz are all crap schools. Texas, New York, Michigan, and Pennsylvania all have better schools than the above mentioned toilets.
john7234797 wrote:

... there's plenty of opportunity for high achievers to succeed. I certainly believe someone who was able to get into a school like Harvard will be able to be just as successful if they choose to go to a well-reputable state school.

"Honestly, if I want to network with Berkeley grads from the liberal arts college, I just have to go to the Ross or the local Target and ask for help from a sales clerk."

-The Brainalist

If jbagelboy won't diss public school education in this country, I WILL.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Meaning people get better grades going to private schools?

http://www.gradeinflation.com/
"Ladies and gentlemen: Drop $150k on private school so you can gain the advantage of a softer curve ensuring those extra .2-.3 GPA points! Don't bother just putting in a basic degree of effort to just get a killer GPA at either school because these private schools will give you AN AVERAGE .2-.3 GPA BOOST!"

(And nevermind the fact that you are arguing averages of averages. You're saying that because, ON AVERAGE, private schools curve .2-.3 for THE AVERAGE STUDENT, that you too will benefit from going to a private school - disregarding the fact any given student or any given private school could be an outlier to this $100k value).

I don't get it? You asked if it was really true that private schools, on average, give out higher grades than public schools. I gave you proof. Now you quote some shit allegedly trying to make fun of private school education that says one pays $$ just for a small boost in GPA. This has nothing to do with our previous discussion, and is completely irrelevant. I answered your fucking question.

Your crap doesn't even touch our original palaver, homie.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:43 am

Now to make a off-topic on-topic poast:

I transferred from a large state flagship university to a "top" private university during undergrad, and was really glad I did for the following reasons (which aren't going to be true for all private schools):

1) Smaller class sizes. I didn't realize how much of a benefit this was until I actually started going to classes with 5 students instead of 150 students. This allowed me to have a much better experience for my last 2 years in undergrad, as well as build some good relationships with a lot of professors (I had like 7 professors I knew really well after only 2 years and they all could have written stellar law school recs for me.)

2) Less focus on sports, more focus on studying. I am sure that if you went to a private school like Duke this might not be the case, but it was true for the private university I transferred to. I like soccer, but that's about it, so it was kind of annoying to go to class at my state school and have teachers and students spend almost as much time talking about how the university's football / basketball did as they did conducting class.

3) Fewer grad-student-taught classes. The public university I went to had a lot of its courses taught by graduate students who were dumb as shit and couldn't teach well either. After transferring to a private university, the worst it got was "lecturers" instead of "professors" or "assistant professors."

4) The "quality" of students was much higher. It seemed like at the state flagship school, local high school grads would just drift there without much thought and therefore didn't care much about class. Of course there were smart people there too, but the ratio of smart try-hards to lazy don't-cares wasn't too great. With private universities, it seems like a much larger proportion of the class comes from elsewhere and thus has at least put a little more thought into their choice of school and reason for going; even if they haven't, at least they were smart enough to have a decent GPA/SAT.

Based on the above reasons, I am glad that I chose to transfer. However, one difference is that I spent $20,000 in total on my undergrad education thanks to various scholarships, so my ed-juh-muh-kay-shun was a lot cheaper than $200,000. Even if it had been that much, though, as long as my family was footing the bill, I still think it would have been worth it.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 9:01 am

If you're too lazy to read Regulus' poast (which if you went to a public school, you are) this is a précis of what he said:

Private universities >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Public universities

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stinson

Bronze

Post by Stinson » Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

As we are already off topic and the original topic was kind of dumb anyway, I'll jump in. I think Regulus points out a lot of important things that are valuable both for a strong college experience and that can have benefits for whatever you want to do afterwards. I think the deal is basically this: You can find all the things Regulus mentioned at both public and private schools, but the combination occurs more frequently at selective private schools. There's also an important distinction between big and small, and private schools are more likely to be small and publics more likely to be big.

My undergrad was exactly what Regulus is describing. Never had a grad student teaching class - other than a lab section in an intro physics course - small classes, about 6000 students, basically no sports culture at all, people focused on studying. Lots of great professor contact - when I got to law school and had to schedule office hours I was like "What????" - and lots of beautiful old buildings. And it was public. But it is a pretty unusual public school. It was very different from the state flagship where I came from, from that of the state in which it was located, and from those of most states. It was really similar to the small private schools to which I also applied, and wound up being the most economical choice that had all the attributes I wanted.

I can't speak much to the whole "Is this worth 200k?" debate because my family didn't pay that. (Though for an out of stater like me my undergrad cost around $175,000 when I went and over $200,000 now, I got a lot of need aid and we probably paid around 60 or 70k for the whole thing.) But I will say college is something you can't get back. An ambitious, smart person will do well anywhere - research shows most high achievers who didn't get into the best school to which they were accepted do about as well in terms of lifetime earnings as if they had - but there is more to life than just what you earn. The experiential difference is hard to quantify, but is irreplaceable.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 am

Reading through your post history Dre, I can't tell if you're a troll or just a bad poster. Nevertheless, enjoy spending $500k+ for a nice elite private education.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 am

shredderrrrrr wrote: enjoy spending $500k+ for a nice elite private education.

I get financial aid, dawg.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 am

I just supplemented my shitty public school education (I didn't go to a school like UCB by any stretch of the imagination) with knowledge from the internet. We live in a new age where you are no longer tied to your environment for your desires.

That being said, I hope my kids go to a small, edit:elite private school. It would clearly be a better environment to foster this type of thinking. Also, it would mean I will be loaded.
Last edited by sinfiery on Tue May 14, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Regulus wrote:Now to make a off-topic on-topic poast:

I transferred from a large state flagship university to a "top" private university during undergrad, and was really glad I did for the following reasons (which aren't going to be true for all private schools):

1) Smaller class sizes. I didn't realize how much of a benefit this was until I actually started going to classes with 5 students instead of 150 students. This allowed me to have a much better experience for my last 2 years in undergrad, as well as build some good relationships with a lot of professors (I had like 7 professors I knew really well after only 2 years and they all could have written stellar law school recs for me.)

2) Less focus on sports, more focus on studying. I am sure that if you went to a private school like Duke this might not be the case, but it was true for the private university I transferred to. I like soccer, but that's about it, so it was kind of annoying to go to class at my state school and have teachers and students spend almost as much time talking about how the university's football / basketball did as they did conducting class.

3) Fewer grad-student-taught classes. The public university I went to had a lot of its courses taught by graduate students who were dumb as shit and couldn't teach well either. After transferring to a private university, the worst it got was "lecturers" instead of "professors" or "assistant professors."

4) The "quality" of students was much higher. It seemed like at the state flagship school, local high school grads would just drift there without much thought and therefore didn't care much about class. Of course there were smart people there too, but the ratio of smart try-hards to lazy don't-cares wasn't too great. With private universities, it seems like a much larger proportion of the class comes from elsewhere and thus has at least put a little more thought into their choice of school and reason for going; even if they haven't, at least they were smart enough to have a decent GPA/SAT.

Based on the above reasons, I am glad that I chose to transfer. However, one difference is that I spent $20,000 in total on my undergrad education thanks to various scholarships, so my ed-juh-muh-kay-shun was a lot cheaper than $200,000. Even if it had been that much, though, as long as my family was footing the bill, I still think it would have been worth it.
Ditto.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 am

I'm glad I went to a shitty state school. For me, a low-tuition tailgating college>high-tuition rigorous college, and as we know for law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0 is a 4.0.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am

Did someone just say "My family paid for me to go to a 200k private school but they're not wealthy"?

Lolok

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

romothesavior wrote:Did someone just say "My family paid for me to go to a 200k private school but they're not wealthy"?

Lolok
I lost it there, too, romo. Whether or not jbagel thinks he is coming across as such, he is a giant, pretentious, top 2%flame.

For discretion, I went to an elite (lul) high school where everyone went off with their bmw's and porsches to hysccp (I've never seen this before but it seems trolly for this thread) at their parents dime. Most of them are flames now, with a few uber successful. I had similar options because of sat / grades / preftige of h.s. and knew my parents would pay the way. They're also poor 2%'rs (lol again). I went to a ttt private ug with $$$$ because, although I knew my parents would pay for me to get small class sizes, I found a healthy mix of private at the right cost. The school was meh but I took the right classes, met the right people, and ultimately did what I wanted to do. I'll be at a preftigious t14 next year with the rest of you private elites.

+1 sinfiery to online education. We shell out hundreds of thousands for a piece of paper but the quality of online education is SOO much better. (They even have MIT and H classes for the preftige!)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue May 14, 2013 11:22 am

toothbrush wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Did someone just say "My family paid for me to go to a 200k private school but they're not wealthy"?

Lolok
I lost it there, too, romo. Whether or not jbagel thinks he is coming across as such, he is a giant, pretentious, top 2%flame.

For discretion, I went to an elite (lul) high school where everyone went off with their bmw's and porsches to hysccp (I've never seen this before but it seems trolly for this thread) at their parents dime. Most of them are flames now, with a few uber successful. I had similar options because of sat / grades / preftige of h.s. and knew my parents would pay the way. They're also poor 2%'rs (lol again). I went to a ttt private ug with $$$$ because, although I knew my parents would pay for me to get small class sizes, I found a healthy mix of private at the right cost. The school was meh but I took the right classes, met the right people, and ultimately did what I wanted to do. I'll be at a preftigious t14 next year with the rest of you private elites.

+1 sinfiery to online education. We shell out hundreds of thousands for a piece of paper but the quality of online education is SOO much better. (They even have MIT and H classes for the preftige!)
After I explicitly ask to leave my education and my families' decision making alone and try to apologize to end this ignorant divisive debate, you go out on a limb to continuing blasting me. What the fuck. Is your life so pathetic you need to get your kicks by creating false bourgeois analogues and tearing them down on an internet chat forum? You could not be more wrong about all of your judgment and hyperbole and that sort of horseshit doesnt merit a response ITT. I would PM you about my families condition, my fathers unemployment, my parents separation, and all the reasons your class conscious diatribe fails to make a dent in the truth, but Im guessing your stint is about making a scene on the forum and receiving clandestine bullying points so you wouldnt be interested in hearing the truth anyway. I try to make constructive on point commentary to help others come to informed decisions on the admissions process and whether I paid tuition at a college is irrelevant beyond the fact that it happened, and it doesnt say anything about being supported in LS (the original post i was answering). Please, leave me the fuck alone now or talk to me like an adult, i.e, if you met me in person and wouldn't dare call a stranger out as a "2% flame".

Thank you Regulus and MOTM for drawing on some of the other perfectly valid reasons to attend a top private college. Its a choice that everyone makes and there are valid arguments on both sides. Sensitivity about the class issues involved should stay wide and clear of the discussion, and as Dre said about half the students receive financial aid anyway so its a very diverse group.

And romo, seriously? Aren't you a mod here? You couldn't possibly know the origins of my education fund, how many years my grandparents worked to set them up for my sister and I, and how grateful Ive been for it. You would not consider me particularly wealthy of you saw where and how I lived. Please hold your judgment and can the vitriol. Again if you care for a more reflective discussion feel free to PM me, as many on this site can attest I am a constructive commenter who always tries to respond thoughtfully to PMs and questions.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

jbagelboy wrote: After I explicitly ask to leave my education and my families' decision making alone and try to apologize to end this ignorant divisive debate, you go out on a limb to continuing blasting me. What the fuck. Is your life so pathetic you need to get your kicks by creating false bourgeois analogues and tearing them down on an internet chat forum? You could not be more wrong about all of your judgment and hyperbole and that sort of horseshit doesnt merit a response ITT. I would PM you about my families condition, my fathers unemployment, my parents separation, and all the reasons your class conscious diatribe fails to make a dent in the truth, but Im guessing your stint is about making a scene on the forum and receiving clandestine bullying points so you wouldnt be interested in hearing the truth anyway. I try to make constructive on point commentary to help others come to informed decisions on the admissions process and whether I paid tuition at a college is irrelevant beyond the fact that it happened, and it doesnt say anything about being supported in LS (the original post i was answering). Please, leave me the fuck alone now or talk to me like an adult, i.e, if you met me in person and wouldn't dare call a stranger out as a "2% flame".

Thank you Regulus and MOTM for drawing on some of the other perfectly valid reasons to attend a top private college. Its a choice that everyone makes and there are valid arguments on both sides. Sensitivity about the class issues involved should stay wide and clear of the discussion, and as Dre said about half the students receive financial aid anyway so its a very diverse group.

And romo, seriously? Aren't you a mod here? You couldn't possibly know the origins of my education fund, how many years my grandparents worked to set them up for my sister and I, and how grateful Ive been for it. You would not consider me particularly wealthy of you saw where and how I lived. Please hold your judgment and can the vitriol. Again if you care for a more reflective discussion feel free to PM me, as many on this site can attest I am a constructive commenter who always tries to respond thoughtfully to PMs and questions.
Lol, you mad.

Listen, you've made some pretty ridic statement ITT that I think you should reread before saying we're talking out of our asses. If you feel offended I'm sorry but you outed enough of yourself to be open to that. Unfortunately, this isn't the thread for that and you didn't particularly ask - but welcome to the internet, and TLS.

Huey Freeman

Bronze

Post by Huey Freeman » Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am

so...how 'bout them rubensteins?

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 am

jbagelboy wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

Lolok

After I explicitly ask to leave my education and my families' decision making alone and try to apologize to end this ignorant divisive debate, you go out on a limb to continuing blasting me. What the fuck. Is your life so pathetic you need to get your kicks by creating false bourgeois analogues and tearing them down on an internet chat forum? You could not be more wrong about all of your judgment and hyperbole and that sort of horseshit doesnt merit a response ITT. I would PM you about my families condition, my fathers unemployment, my parents separation, and all the reasons your class conscious diatribe fails to make a dent in the truth, but Im guessing your stint is about making a scene on the forum and receiving clandestine bullying points so you wouldnt be interested in hearing the truth anyway. I try to make constructive on point commentary to help others come to informed decisions on the admissions process and whether I paid tuition at a college is irrelevant beyond the fact that it happened, and it doesnt say anything about being supported in LS (the original post i was answering). Please, leave me the fuck alone now or talk to me like an adult, i.e, if you met me in person and wouldn't dare call a stranger out as a "2% flame".

You must be new around here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 am

toothbrush probably went to UC Irvine: soooooo TTTT.

jbagelboy: just ignore this guy, he isn't worth your time. You're going to CLS, you have dat ivy league swag, you'll be successful—no doubt. Don't let this ankle-biter take too much of your time.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am

Dr. Dre wrote:toothbrush probably went to UC Irvine: soooooo TTTT.

jbagelboy: just ignore this guy, he isn't worth your time. You're going to CLS, you have dat ivy league swag, you'll be successful—no doubt. Don't let this ankle-biter take too much of your time.
UCI has a good program.

Gah, Dr. Dre.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 am

toothbrush wrote: UCI has a good program.

Gah, Dr. Dre.

again, with this bullshit. This is why, jbagelboy, you need to stay away from this scum.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue May 14, 2013 11:45 am

toothbrush wrote: +1 sinfiery to online education. We shell out hundreds of thousands for a piece of paper but the quality of online education is SOO much better. (They even have MIT and H classes for the preftige!)
Heck yeah. Stanford and Berkeley are my goto schools for stepping up and providing awesome things in this arena. So much respect.
jbagelboy wrote:I try to make constructive on point commentary to help others come to informed decisions on the admissions process and whether I paid tuition at a college is irrelevant beyond the fact that it happened, and it doesnt say anything about being supported in LS (the original post i was answering).
Yes, and thank you for that. Most people here speak in jest, don't concern yourself too much about it. It isn't meant to be anything serious.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”