Phoenix Law Email

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
senorhosh

Re: Phoenix Law Email

Postby senorhosh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Got an email with the subject: "Scholarship increase". No school name, nothing else. Obv one would think it's from the school they are deposited at, so imagine my excitement.

" Hello Xxxxxxxx,

I am writing to let you know that our Fall scholarship budget has increased. Based on your xxx LSAT and xxx undergrad GPA, I can now offer you a scholarship of $30,000 per year for the full-time program.

Our Fall scholarship budget doesn't increase very often and I wanted to give you the opportunity to be eligible for the new amount. We are still accepting applications for Fall 2013. To apply to Phoenix School of Law, you may submit the application for the Fall 2013 J.D. term through LSAC's website. The application fee is currently waived and we look forward to receiving your application.

If you have any question regarding the potential scholarship, the application process or about Phoenix School of Law, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Jillian

Jillian J. Syme Admissions Counselor"

This is a disgrace to law schools, the legal field, and the education system itself.

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Cooley has ~1000 seats for ~3500 students.
Stanford has ~500 seats for ~550 students.

"Bigger numbers are more than little numbers, and if it's something good you would want more of it more than you would want less of it." - Dean of Cooley Law.

buddyt

Postby buddyt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
RhymesLikeDimes wrote:How incredible would it be if LSAC were to take shots at TTTTs on the LSAT? I might forget about law school, and go to work for them.

Billy is a prospective law student choosing where to attend law school. Write an argument for either of the following two choices, keeping in mind two guidelines:

-Billy is looking to attend a law school that will give him good job prospects after he graduates.
-Billy is deeply concerned with the ability to find a seat in his law school's library.

Yale Law School is the number one ranked school in the country. It has an excellent reputation in the legal community and every year places the overwhelming majority of its graduates into desirable jobs, many of which would allow Billy to cop dat preftige. A Yale Law degree would also allow Billy to make sure everyone knows he's a Yale grad within 45 seconds of meeting him. However, Billy has reservations about being labeled an "11" or "12" by members of the Yale Law faculty, as Billy does not want to be "just a number." Billy also expresses a number of reservations gleamed from observations at Yale's Admitted Students Weekend, notably the prevalence of "douchey sweatervests" and the perceived lack of "sizzlin' tail." Billy has also heard from Patrick Bateman-based sources that Yale students are closet homosexuals who do a lot of cocaine.

Thomas M. Cooley Law School is the second-ranked school in the country, according to sources at Thomas M. Cooley Law School. It has a reputation in the legal community roughly equivalent to a dog who takes a crap on a nice rug. Cooley is a national leader in providing barista-based opportunities to law students. Billy appreciates the opportunity to make 3,700 lifelong friends at Cooley, with whom he can share common experiences, like how the unemployment office always seems to smell like paint thinner. At a visit to Cooley, Billy was impressed by the number, variety, sturdiness and comfort of the Cooley chairs, saying he could "really see [himself] spending three years here, studying [Facebook], making outlines for my [fantasy football team], and learning what it takes to be a [short-order cook at a bowling alley]."

:lol:

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:470 1Ls --> 181 Graduates

How is it that students only realize how bad a school is once they've paid ~$40K for a year of tuition? I am simultaneously furious and heart-broken that thousands of people make such bad decisions every year.

Otunga wrote:LSAC should use Cooley's arguments for flaw questions.

How incredible would it be if LSAC were to take shots at TTTTs on the LSAT? I might forget about law school, and go to work for them.

They can just use 'Dean' to preface the argument to make it subtle. Don't have to use 'Law Dean' or anything too obvious like that.

What they could do is make a 'point of disagreement' question using a Dean and Applicant. And 'Applicant' represents a TLS member.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Just checking in for my daily dose of Cooley humor. You didn't disappoint, TLS.

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:38 pm

buddyt wrote:
RhymesLikeDimes wrote:How incredible would it be if LSAC were to take shots at TTTTs on the LSAT? I might forget about law school, and go to work for them.

Billy is a prospective law student choosing where to attend law school. Write an argument for either of the following two choices, keeping in mind two guidelines:

-Billy is looking to attend a law school that will give him good job prospects after he graduates.
-Billy is deeply concerned with the ability to find a seat in his law school's library.

Yale Law School is the number one ranked school in the country. It has an excellent reputation in the legal community and every year places the overwhelming majority of its graduates into desirable jobs, many of which would allow Billy to cop dat preftige. A Yale Law degree would also allow Billy to make sure everyone knows he's a Yale grad within 45 seconds of meeting him. However, Billy has reservations about being labeled an "11" or "12" by members of the Yale Law faculty, as Billy does not want to be "just a number." Billy also expresses a number of reservations gleamed from observations at Yale's Admitted Students Weekend, notably the prevalence of "douchey sweatervests" and the perceived lack of "sizzlin' tail." Billy has also heard from Patrick Bateman-based sources that Yale students are closet homosexuals who do a lot of cocaine.

Thomas M. Cooley Law School is the second-ranked school in the country, according to sources at Thomas M. Cooley Law School. It has a reputation in the legal community roughly equivalent to a dog who takes a crap on a nice rug. Cooley is a national leader in providing barista-based opportunities to law students. Billy appreciates the opportunity to make 3,700 lifelong friends at Cooley, with whom he can share common experiences, like how the unemployment office always seems to smell like paint thinner. At a visit to Cooley, Billy was impressed by the number, variety, sturdiness and comfort of the Cooley chairs, saying he could "really see [himself] spending three years here, studying [Facebook], making outlines for my [fantasy football team], and learning what it takes to be a [short-order cook at a bowling alley]."

:lol:

LOL!!!! K I have to get off TLS... people in the office are going to hear me laughing.

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:27 pm

180 by a mile, I hope LSAC hires you.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 am

buddyt wrote:As a lifelong AZ native, I briefly considered PSL ("I'll just transfer to ASU"). TLS literally saved me from a lifetime of financial ruin. Since then, I've successfully talked at least two friends out of attending that abortion. It ought not exist, and my joy will be full when it shuts down in the coming years.

Exactly.

Two other things that saved me from that toilet.

I have a friend who went to PSL for 1L and then transferred to ASU. He didn't give PSL a glowing review.

I went to a few recruiting events at the "campus". They do a pretty good job of outing themselves as a joke of a "school".

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:55 am

kappycaft1 wrote:Just for the record... I made that Cooley pamphlet, but it is based around something real.

hahahaha impressive

serdog

Postby serdog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:01 am

Percentage of Grads employed Cooley IN IT OWN RANKING places 181

poke800ash

Postby poke800ash » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:18 pm

cooldude87 wrote:My name is Jillian Syme and I am an Admissions Counselor at Phoenix School of Law. We were reviewing your LSAC file and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that now is a great time to attend law school. If you have been thinking about your legal career prospects here are some quick facts about the legal profession.

The unemployment rate for lawyers was 1.4% in 2012 and the unemployment rate for all other legal occupations in 2012 was 2.7%, one of the lowest unemployment rates of all professions.
Lawyers were among the 15 highest paying professions in America in 2011 and 2012.
According to an article in Forbes Magazine, "Over a 40 year career, a lawyer will earn double the life time earnings of a person with only a bachelor's degree."

Phoenix School of Law has the leading career placement numbers in many measures of employment against similar law schools. We also offer a two year J.D. program for full-time students that save you time and money and we pride ourselves in graduating practice-ready lawyers who are ready to take on today's legal challenges.

To learn more about Phoenix School of Law, please visit http://www.phoenixlaw.edu/info1

If you have any questions please reply to this email or give a call at 602.682.6850. If you are interested in applying, please visit http://www.lsac.org.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Jillian

You think it would be bad if I replied with their LST report

LOL, even if those proclamations were true in a rigorous and robust manner (ie. all but 1.4% of law graduates does end up with a job REQUIRING a jd), I bet that grads from phoenix are in the unlucky 1.4%.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”