Phoenix Law Email Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Gold

Re: Phoenix Law Email

Post by 20141023 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Regulus wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ImNoScar wrote: The true reason Cooley's rankings are TTT is that they rank American highly.
+1

would you say cooley has better placement than AU?
Damn Dre.... I'm sad that you really need to ask that question. Of course Cooley has better placement than AU.
wait, is that a real slide from cooley or did u make it up?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue May 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Meepo wrote:
Regulus wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ImNoScar wrote: The true reason Cooley's rankings are TTT is that they rank American highly.
+1

Damn Dre.... I'm sad that you really need to ask that question. Of course Cooley has better placement than AU.
I've seen this brochure before. There is actually another page to it. This one is the most ridiculous of the two.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm

The library tidbit is.the worst thing I have ever read in my life. And I've read A Modest Proposal. Fuck Cooley.

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 am

Not to shill for Phoenix Law but the school offers one thing neither AU nor ASU offers: a part-time evening program. A determined, employed mid-career adult can reduce opportunity cost considerably by attending PLS.

It's still far too expensive but most law schools are. Had I to do it all over again at today's prices, I wouldn't go to law school at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 am

stillwater wrote:
Meepo wrote:
I've seen this brochure before. There is actually another page to it. This one is the most ridiculous of the two.
I want to believe

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdm261

Bronze

Post by bdm261 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Whatever happened to "Candy" who was sending the Phoenix SOL e-mails before? She always followed up when I didn't reply and seemed so sad I hadn't written back.

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Thu May 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Wow, that Cooley graphic is...creepy. Sorry, are you all sure it's genuine?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 pm

BeautifulSW wrote:Wow, that Cooley graphic is...creepy. Sorry, are you all sure it's genuine?
:lol:

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Sat May 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Regulus wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
+1

Just as the greatness of the tallest buildings in the world can be measured by their
height, the educational quality of America’s top law schools can be assessed by the
square footage of their libraries.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As can be seen here, Cooley has almost twice the educational value of Stanford.
I can't even...

utlaw2007

Silver

Post by utlaw2007 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Meepo wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Meepo wrote:how does Phoenix get its stats that is so different from LST?
They aren't. Even with these terrible stats a school can be misleading without lying.
do share how it's done?
See Nick b's post.

Also, the employment stats for all lawyers come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And those numbers are accurate. Unfortunately half or more of Phoenix Law's grads will never be lawyers, so they will never count in those numbers. But hey, things are great for people who actually become lawyers!

cooldude87

Bronze

Post by cooldude87 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Another Email LOL

We have exciting news to share with you about Phoenix Law Review here at Phoenix School of Law!

Students on the Phoenix Law Review Board worked on a special edition of the Phoenix Law Review journal related to the new proposed National Victims' Rights Amendment. The Phoenix Law Review Board traveled to Washington, D.C., last April to attend the first of many hearings on the proposed bill. They brought with them the Phoenix Law Review special edition and distributed it to all members of Congress. Phoenix School of Law's adjunct Professor Steve Twist worked with our Law Review on the special edition and arranged for them to meet the Arizona Congressional Delegation.

On April 25, 2013, Representative Trent Franks of Arizona, during a Congressional hearing on the proposed National Victims' Bill of Rights, referred to the Phoenix Law Review Special Edition on the Victims' Rights Bill, and requested that it be moved into the Congressional Record. To view the full hearing please visit: http://www.nvcap.org/legis/113/130425_Hearing.html

Phoenix School of Law is growing and our students are gaining national recognition for their accomplishments. If you are interested in learning more about this and other opportunities at Phoenix School of Law, please reply to the email or give me a call at 602.682.6813. To apply to Phoenix School of Law, you can submit the Fall 2013 J.D. application through LSAC. Your application fee is currently waived.

Thanks,

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Thu May 16, 2013 7:04 pm

oh the irony

rambleon65

Bronze

Post by rambleon65 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:36 pm

i just.. i don't... i... i give up.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 am

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

Regulus wrote:
untar614 wrote:Below are just some of the categories that we are currently excelling in against our top 10 comparable schools*.

*Top comparable schools based on the application overlap reports provided by the Law School Admission Counsel (LSAC). Top 10 comparable schools include: Appalachian, Barry, Cal Western, Golden Gate, New England, Thomas Cooley, Thomas Jefferson, Valparaiso, Western State, and Whittier.
Whoah Phoenix, you better be on the lookout for a defamation lawsuit brought against you by Cooley, because the 10 schools ranked most closely with them are definitely not you; Cooley's peer schools are clearly Harvard Law School, Georgetown University, New York University, University of Virginia, Columbia University, Northwestern University, University of Texas, George Washington University, Yale Law School, American University.
Excluding SLS from Cooley's peers is hurtful :cry:

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:32 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am

Regulus wrote:Just for the record... I made that Cooley pamphlet, but it is based around something real.
Cooley wrote:Elitism in its most insidious is found in the so-called reputation survey of law schools among academics and "hiring partners," most of whom are graduates of the elite schools and only recognize elite schools as worthy.
Isn't this Cooley directly admitting that firms don't hire their grads?
So long as US News dominates the ratings, the use of the LSAT will continue to be a major roadblock to those whose dream it is to have the opportunity to study law
I totally get it. Those elitist bastards at the DMV have been a major roadblack to my dream to have the opportunity to drive, with their elitist "driver's licenses."

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 pm

LSAC should use Cooley's arguments for flaw questions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 am

470 1Ls --> 181 Graduates

How is it that students only realize how bad a school is once they've paid ~$40K for a year of tuition? I am simultaneously furious and heart-broken that thousands of people make such bad decisions every year.
Otunga wrote:LSAC should use Cooley's arguments for flaw questions.
How incredible would it be if LSAC were to take shots at TTTTs on the LSAT? I might forget about law school, and go to work for them.

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Speak of the devil, did anyone else just get an email from Cooley? Why do TTTTs always have to have such old/ugly students? At least give those poor folks something to look at.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:50 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:How incredible would it be if LSAC were to take shots at TTTTs on the LSAT? I might forget about law school, and go to work for them.
Billy is a prospective law student choosing where to attend law school. Write an argument for either of the following two choices, keeping in mind two guidelines:

-Billy is looking to attend a law school that will give him good job prospects after he graduates.
-Billy is deeply concerned with the ability to find a seat in his law school's library.

Yale Law School is the number one ranked school in the country. It has an excellent reputation in the legal community and every year places the overwhelming majority of its graduates into desirable jobs, many of which would allow Billy to cop dat preftige. A Yale Law degree would also allow Billy to make sure everyone knows he's a Yale grad within 45 seconds of meeting him. However, Billy has reservations about being labeled an "11" or "12" by members of the Yale Law faculty, as Billy does not want to be "just a number." Billy also expresses a number of reservations gleamed from observations at Yale's Admitted Students Weekend, notably the prevalence of "douchey sweatervests" and the perceived lack of "sizzlin' tail." Billy has also heard from Patrick Bateman-based sources that Yale students are closet homosexuals who do a lot of cocaine.

Thomas M. Cooley Law School is the second-ranked school in the country, according to sources at Thomas M. Cooley Law School. It has a reputation in the legal community roughly equivalent to a dog who takes a crap on a nice rug. Cooley is a national leader in providing barista-based opportunities to law students. Billy appreciates the opportunity to make 3,700 lifelong friends at Cooley, with whom he can share common experiences, like how the unemployment office always seems to smell like paint thinner. At a visit to Cooley, Billy was impressed by the number, variety, sturdiness and comfort of the Cooley chairs, saying he could "really see [himself] spending three years here, studying [Facebook], making outlines for my [fantasy football team], and learning what it takes to be a [short-order cook at a bowling alley]."

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:Speak of the devil, did anyone else just get an email from Cooley? Why do TTTTs always have to have such old/ugly students? At least give those poor folks something to look at.
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”