Choosing a law school Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MrBlueSky!

New

Re: Choosing a law school

Post by MrBlueSky! » Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Last edited by MrBlueSky! on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 am

Just got an angry PM from the OP. Didnt make sense really but I think he is mad.

untar614

Silver

Post by untar614 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Just got an angry PM from the OP. Didnt make sense really but I think he is mad.
weird... any idea what he was trying to say?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Just got an angry PM from the OP. Didnt make sense really but I think he is mad.
Post?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Mon May 13, 2013 12:45 am

OP when people are saying don't go to law school, it's because a good grasp of the English language is pivotal to success. My English is likely better than 95% of the country's, yet it's below par for a t-14 and will likely be the main reason why I don't make law review. This is to say, if there's one thing people should have down before law school it's the ability to write succinct easy to understand sentences extremely rapidly. You're talking about going to schools where you'd need to be #1 to succeed, and you're automatically disqualified without good English skills. The professors won't read your exams a 2nd and 3rd time to figure out what you mean to say. They're going to have what they consider more important things to do, and will penalize you. It sucks to hear that you can't be a lawyer, but unless your old school had a conspiracy against you why would it be different?

I have a friend who is in the top 10 at Hofstra, not ten percent, the top 10 students in his grade and he got no offered for an SA. He had connections, personality and still got no offered. These places, even if you win, you lose. Welcome to the 2010's economy. Even being top quarter at a top 14 doesn't put you in the driver's seat. It may, but people are still worried as hell.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon May 13, 2013 12:53 am

I won't be that mean and it's nothing super special. Probably mean to even post about the pm.

qwertyboard

Bronze

Post by qwertyboard » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 am

dovlet wrote:You should not be here at all and especially give people advice. Never respond me asshole
qwertyboard wrote:I read through your other posts and I feel like I HAVE to tell you that you're one of those people that definitely shouldn't go to Law School. How much money do you owe after your dismissal? You should concentrate on getting a job and paying that off...

They only way it would be worth it for you to attend LS is if you score 175+ on the LSAT which is highly unlikely given your situation.
This PM you sent me today only adds as to why you shouldn't attend LS. I never meant to offend you and quite frankly I believe I didn't. LS is not for everyone. If you don't have the numbers it does not mean you're incapable, dumb, etc. It's reality. Attending LS in your current situation is not a wise path. I did post an alternative but it requires that you score 175+ on the LSAT.

.... you know... I'm reconsidering.. maybe you should attend LS.. go ahead see you in 3 years...

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 am

Please post it. Life is very stressful waiting for grades, and this will add to the comedic entertainment and relaxation of possibly 1000s plus OP is anonymous. It is a win-win rule.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 am

bananapeanutbutter wrote:Please post it. Life is very stressful waiting for grades, and this will add to the comedic entertainment and relaxation of possibly 1000s plus OP is anonymous. It is a win-win rule.
+1. I've been drilling like crazy all weekend. Have a do or die June retake in less than a month. :[

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 am

timbs4339 wrote:Get a job. If you have a job stay in that job. If you want to work in law get a paralegal job.
tcr

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Mon May 13, 2013 1:54 am

IDK what goes on in OP's mind. There is a massive conspiracy of people who don't want him to be a lawyer that has nothing to do with his best interests.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:I won't be that mean and it's nothing super special. Probably mean to even post about the pm.
I have no qualms posting his PM to me.
dovlet wrote:
You should not be here and don't ever give anybody advice asshole.
lol.

not going to law schools is the best advice you'll get in your life kid

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 am

Is it bad that I'm upset I didn't get one?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 am

LOL this thread.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”