Out of school 5 + years any suggestings

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Nevertaken646

Out of school 5 + years any suggestings

Postby Nevertaken646 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Hello all,

I've been out of school for over 5 years and been working full-time as a Court Representaive in the area of law that I wish to practice. I want to see if there is anyone out there currently or (has been) who is considering Law School and what steps you are taking to get yourself back into the law school enviornment. (E.g. brush-up classes)

Thanks in advance.

Meepo

Re: Out of school 5 + years any suggestings

Postby Meepo » Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 pm

hey man, i was out of school for a couple of years working random jobs before applying, i don't think there are many classes you need to brush up on, however, if you have the resources, a LSAT course will be helpful, i personally think testmasters is pretty good for that, their web is http://www.testmasters.net/, there's testmasters.com but that is a scam

Nevertaken646

Postby Nevertaken646 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey thanks Meepo, I am currently taking a Kaplan LSAT course. I was wondering if i should take a College course on Writing and or other courses, for the Law school classes. I feel as if I lack some entry law school skills.

Thanks!

p.s. Are you currently in Law school? or have you finished?

Thank you!

Meepo

Postby Meepo » Thu May 02, 2013 9:56 pm

ya i am still in school, i think college writing course will certainly be helpful, especially for your legal writings classes, but for the majority of your classes, i think your profs will care more about the substance and arguments you make on your exam rather, most exams will be taken under time pressure, so as long as you can present the issues efficiently, technically you won't need elegant writing to get a good score

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Meepo wrote:ya i am still in school, i think college writing course will certainly be helpful, especially for your legal writings classes, but for the majority of your classes, i think your profs will care more about the substance and arguments you make on your exam rather, most exams will be taken under time pressure, so as long as you can present the issues efficiently, technically you won't need elegant writing to get a good score

Law school exams look like a test monkey on crystal meth wrote them. The writing is objectively terrible and its a shameful end of the semester product for the amount of hours spent studying it. Law school is an abomination.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu May 02, 2013 11:41 pm

just concentrate on the LSAT; that is all that really matters

FrontDesk101

Postby FrontDesk101 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:just concentrate on the LSAT; that is all that really matters

Return to “Choosing a Law School”