BU($$) vs GW Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
stillwater

Gold

Re: BU($$) vs GW

Post by stillwater » Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
nickb285 wrote:ITT: A guy whose username references Ayn Rand makes a terrible financial decision that means he'll probably wind up having to use a government program designed to reduce/forgive debt incurred by said terrible financial decision.

You applied late, and your score is lower than you're capable of, and if you got a better score you'd be in a vastly better position. "Oh, I hate my job." Waaahh. Suck it up. Everyone hates their job. If you really can't take it, go work at McDonald's for a year. Retake and apply early.
Well Rand took SS and Medicare, so it wouldn't be inconsistent with her philosophy.
Philosophers are cowards and never live the words they preach. Example: Nietzsche was a pathetic, impotent human being. No surprise Ayn was greedily dipping her hands into Uncle Sam's welfare pot.

bearjew

New

Post by bearjew » Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 pm

stillwater wrote:Philosophers are cowards and never live the words they preach. Example: Nietzsche was a pathetic, impotent human being. No surprise Ayn was greedily dipping her hands into Uncle Sam's welfare pot.
A lot of ancient Greek philosophers romanticized and preached pederasty and definitely acted on those words. :oops:

elm84dr

Bronze

Post by elm84dr » Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 am

BU, unless D.C. is the only place you are willing to work. And even then, I think BU if you do not have a science background.

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:35 am

nickb285 wrote:You applied late, and your score is lower than you're capable of, and if you got a better score you'd be in a vastly better position. "Oh, I hate my job." Waaahh. Suck it up. Everyone hates their job. If you really can't take it, go work at McDonald's for a year. Retake and apply early.
Pretty much this. Hating your job is not an excuse to be lazy. Plus, OP is already 30, meaning less time to pay back loans and the real possibility of age bias from Biglaw employers. Retaking is TCR.

Otherwise, BU because at least that debt isn't life ruining.

dagnygalt

New

Post by dagnygalt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Blindmelon wrote:If you go to GW you will regret it the rest of your life (less likely if you take BU but still might). People really don't get how bad loans are. An extra 90k is a huge, huge amount.

Also echo everyone else, GW is not a better school. They are peers. I went to BU and am absolutely no cheerleader, but would rather go to a school with 240 classmates than what like 600? Also DC is a much more competitive market than Boston.
GW just essentially matched the BU scholly, $57k vs $60k. What is your opninion now?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 pm

dagnygalt wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:If you go to GW you will regret it the rest of your life (less likely if you take BU but still might). People really don't get how bad loans are. An extra 90k is a huge, huge amount.

Also echo everyone else, GW is not a better school. They are peers. I went to BU and am absolutely no cheerleader, but would rather go to a school with 240 classmates than what like 600? Also DC is a much more competitive market than Boston.
GW just essentially matched the BU scholly, $57k vs $60k. What is your opninion now?
Take your 70k, live like a queen for a year, and RETAKE.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Retake. Or don't go (to TLS and ask for advice when you already know that's the only sensible thing to do and like 12 people in a row will just tell you to retake and not satisfy your desire to have your crappy options validated).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”