Sticker at Suffolk Law or 18 grand to New York Law?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BlueDiamond

Re: Sticker at Suffolk Law or 18 grand to New York Law?

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 am

Any time someone tries to make a thread like this it should automatically redirect to the Vale of Tears thread

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am

Micdiddy wrote:
dudley12 wrote:I mean, sure, tuition at Suffolk is $44,000 per year but they do have the 5th best legal writing program. Also, first year students receive a complimentary tee shirt and a ticket for 50% off their first purchase at the campus liquor mart.

Rookies. I'm going to Barry and getting dat IPad.

Got that email a few days ago...almost died.

Snowboarder1588

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:38 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
dudley12 wrote:I mean, sure, tuition at Suffolk is $44,000 per year but they do have the 5th best legal writing program. Also, first year students receive a complimentary tee shirt and a ticket for 50% off their first purchase at the campus liquor mart.

Rookies. I'm going to Barry and getting dat IPad.

Got that email a few days ago...almost died.

I actually thought you were joking about the iPad so I went in my spam inbox and read the email from Barry...I'm definitely attending and getting the ipad 8)

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Sat May 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
gaucholaw wrote:Dear TLS,
Little Lesson on Communication:
Obviously going to a TTT is going to be a bad choice 90% of the time. Sometimes, people post on here with that as their only option. Yes, suggesting a retake is best. Additionally, I also agree, that these people will invent "job lined up" etc. because they don't want to hear the general "retake" advice and want justification in making a bad decision. HOWEVER, cut the fuckin' elitism...... seriously LOL'ing someone's LSAT score?! It's fine to make an innocent comment or two on someone's grammar mistake, but saying that OP is "dumber than a bear" seriously? How miserable are all of you in your normal lives that you need to come here - in this elite club, (non-T-14 candidates need not even look) and berate and dehumanize this OP. Furthermore, even if OP is a flame, we all know REAL people with stories like this. Show some fuckin' compassion!

+1 it is definitely a low blow to be cracking jokes about people's LSAT scores.

Also, if you refuse to consider a retake to get a shot at scholly money, why don't you consider UMA? Honestly, if your family has a job lined up and you are confident about that, and assuming your LSAT is above 150 but below 160, you will most likely be eligible for some decent scholly from them. It's a new school, they have temporary accreditation and likely to be fully accredited eventually. Just saying this will minimize your debt. If all you need is a JD (school rank/tier/job prospects are not an issue) then what difference does it make where you go? Take the cheapest option and get it over with.

I took it as laughing about the decision to go to law school with the lsat score, not the score itself.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”