UC Davis or George Washington

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: UC Davis or George Washington

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri May 10, 2013 5:02 pm

sunflower_sac wrote:I am not getting any merit-based scholarships, so I am just assuming that this could be a case even if I increase my LSAT score, which I do not think would happen because I studied for the LSAT for a year!

Just because you studied for a year does not mean that you studied well. You said you took 15 PTs. I've taken 58. I don't think I've maxed out yet.

Have you gone through the Manhattan books? If you haven't, I doubt that you reached your full potential. I was scoring in the low 160s before Manhattan's LR and LG books. Currently PTing in the upper 160s and lower 170s.

Have you done any drills? Have you purchased the Cambridge books and drilled questions by question types so that you master each question type individually at a time? I'm guessing no.

Conclusion: You haven't maxed out. RETAKE. I don't get why "you have to go now." You say that you'll lose a year of income? Put it this way: An increase in a few points on the LSAT could mean tens of thousands of scholarship money. You'd make up that "lost income" (assuming that you'd even get income in the first place since there's a good chance you'll end up unemployed with a mountain of debt) easily by retaking.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”