Top School or graduate debt free? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cavtrpr

New

Re: Top School or graduate debt free?

Post by cavtrpr » Wed May 08, 2013 2:35 am

This is my first day on the forum and you all have me terrified :shock: . I'm trying to just get INTO law school and all of you are fighting over Cornell and Georgetown. You folks and your 3.7s+ from Columbia undergrad programs. This guy went to a meager regional university with no national recognition because he was young and dumb, wanting to just be an army officer forever...

Thanks guys, I'm going to off myself now...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 am

cavtrpr wrote:This is my first day on the forum and you all have me terrified :shock: . I'm trying to just get INTO law school and all of you are fighting over Cornell and Georgetown. You folks and your 3.7s+ from Columbia undergrad programs. This guy went to a meager regional university with no national recognition because he was young and dumb, wanting to just be an army officer forever...

Nahhh. Dont worry or be discouraged. Where you went to UG doesnt matter much except perhaps for HYSC law anyway, so long as you went to an accredited 4 year university. Your military credentials will help your application. Law school isnt like undergrad, the big names are mostly a flame since only a few schools can actually guarantee you a decent outcome.

Just get a solid LSAT score and enjoy. You'll soon be dispairaging the finaid packages at lower T14s yourself.

cwid1391

Bronze

Post by cwid1391 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 am

jbagelboy wrote:
cavtrpr wrote:This is my first day on the forum and you all have me terrified :shock: . I'm trying to just get INTO law school and all of you are fighting over Cornell and Georgetown. You folks and your 3.7s+ from Columbia undergrad programs. This guy went to a meager regional university with no national recognition because he was young and dumb, wanting to just be an army officer forever...

Nahhh. Dont worry or be discouraged. Where you went to UG doesnt matter much except perhaps for HYSC law anyway, so long as you went to an accredited 4 year university. Your military credentials will help your application. Law school isnt like undergrad, the big names are mostly a flame since only a few schools can actually guarantee you a decent outcome.

Just get a solid LSAT score and enjoy. You'll soon be dispairaging the finaid packages at lower T14s yourself.
+1. There are lots of us out there from non-Ivy type schools. Just kill the LSAT (or retake if it wasn't what you wanted) and nobody will bat an eyelash at where you went to UG. And yes, your military softs will give you a decent bump.

Hat.trick

Bronze

Post by Hat.trick » Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm

between the two options, Columbia is the best even at sticker

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Hat.trick wrote:between the two options, Columbia is the best even at sticker
Have you read the thread?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cwid1391

Bronze

Post by cwid1391 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Necro level: Hat.trick

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”