Southern Law Center

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Grazzhoppa
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Grazzhoppa » Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 am

URMs with 145s and 2.5s don't need to be going to law school.

User avatar
Meepo
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Meepo » Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 am

Grazzhoppa wrote:URMs with 145s and 2.5s don't need to be going to law school.


that's racist

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Clearly » Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 am

Meepo wrote:
Grazzhoppa wrote:URMs with 145s and 2.5s don't need to be going to law school.


that's racist


At first I was shocked by its wording too...It's a bold statement, but its validity doesn't hinge on its racial aspect, the reality is no one with a 145 and a 2.5 needs to go to law school, so it must be true that no URM with those stats needs to go to law school...

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15401
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby sublime » Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 am

..

User avatar
Grazzhoppa
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Grazzhoppa » Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 am

Just meant that no one needed to be going with those numbers. Mentioned URMs specifically because of the point made on the first page.

bananapeanutbutter
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am

Scamming racial minorities doesn't make a school higher quality. Subprime lenders scamming racial minorities also didn't do much. If anything these people need additional protection from TTTTs as they have been victimized in every economic sector. Tttt is no different.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby cwid1391 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am

It always amazes me when I've never heard of a school before and I look on wikipedia and there are 525 full-time students there...

There are a crazy amount of law schools in this country.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby El Principe » Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I was told by some customers down here that it's better than both Tulane and LSU as far as law programs, and I was almost convinced by the amount of people telling me this, until I looked up all of the schools' employment data and looked at firm profiles... yeah.... not even close...

I'll tell you what though... they do a good job at placing into Apple... I'm sorry, the Apple Store... There's gotta be like 5 lawyers that work there.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby North » Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Guys.

Guys.

Did you not hear that there was one HLS grad that didn't get a job, but there was one SLC grad that got a job making 80k? I mean, what else do you even need to know? This is obviously an excellent and prestigious institution of legal education.

User avatar
Grazzhoppa
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Grazzhoppa » Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 pm

El Principe wrote:I was told by some customers down here that it's better than both Tulane and LSU as far as law programs, and I was almost convinced by the amount of people telling me this, until I looked up all of the schools' employment data and looked at firm profiles... yeah.... not even close...

I'll tell you what though... they do a good job at placing into Apple... I'm sorry, the Apple Store... There's gotta be like 5 lawyers that work there.


I was told by a few people in Michigan that Cooley was a great school with excellent sports law programs. I wasn't sure if they even knew University of Michigan had a law school.

User avatar
Meepo
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Meepo » Wed May 01, 2013 3:44 pm

i dono, i sense a bunch of racism, u, or we, as a society, need to stop trying to keep URMs down

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Meepo wrote:i dono, i sense a bunch of racism, u, or we, as a society, need to stop trying to keep URMs down

I'm not a grammar/spelling internet warrior, but christ man. Your idiotic ramblings are hard enough to understand without writing them in barely passable English.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Grazzhoppa wrote:URMs Anyone with 145s and 2.5s doesn't need to be going to law school.


FTFY.
Last edited by PRgradBYU on Wed May 01, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Meepo
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby Meepo » Wed May 01, 2013 3:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Meepo wrote:i dono, i sense a bunch of racism, u, or we, as a society, need to stop trying to keep URMs down

I'm not a grammar/spelling internet warrior, but christ man. Your idiotic ramblings are hard enough to understand without writing them in barely passable English.


meepo grew up in the south, not much school there

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Meepo wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Meepo wrote:i dono, i sense a bunch of racism, u, or we, as a society, need to stop trying to keep URMs down

I'm not a grammar/spelling internet warrior, but christ man. Your idiotic ramblings are hard enough to understand without writing them in barely passable English.


meepo grew up in the south, not much school there


Why are you talking in third person, troll?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby jbagelboy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I really, really don't understand how "Meepo" hasn't been banned again yet. I know its not our job as humble mortal posters to monitor the site, but truly, admin needs to step in here.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm

When he does something banworthy, I'll be the first in line to give him a long break. But in the meantime, lynch mobs calling for bans are not acceptable, especially in the on-topics. If you want to report a post, then please do so by clicking the report button.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Southern Law Center

Postby jbagelboy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:18 pm

fair enough.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests