Clearlynotstefan wrote:Rlabo wrote:Clearlynotstefan wrote:Rlabo wrote:I can deff let u no if u'd like but it wouldn't really matter either way cuz of confirmation bias so if I fuck up in law school you guys get to say I told u so and if I do well and get big law I'llmost likely be written off as an unlikely fluke who got lucky and still should have retaken cause i couldve done EVEN better at a higher ranked school.
The way you are approaching this entire thread is insufferable. If you managed to make a thread full of well-intentioned people hope for you to fail, you are going to do just great in law school and the workplace.
Wow, I didn't see people hoping I would fail on here for the majority. Yea sure they think im making a terrible mistake and are gonna push as hard as they can to get me to switch, and I fully respect that, but I would hope that no matter how ludacris my decision may seem to u u still wouldn't wish some1 to fail.
For the record, I don't want you to fail. I just think your age and arrogance is showing in how you post, and nothing anyone says is going to change that in a message board. Stop rebuking every single correct detail in the thread with your opinions, and listen to people with experience. You are not accepted to a significant biglaw feeder school. You applied late. If you want a good shot at biglaw, at the very least you need to reapply in Sept and you should retake. That is the correct response. I was in the same position, I am glad I sat out and retook. I hated the idea, and I defended it too, but its time to start making the smart decision, even if you're set against it. The least you should do is sit out and apply early. I think Cornell would be a good fit, they're a consistent NY biglaw feeder school. None of your other options are.
This thread is certainly not my only form of advice I've seeked out and while this read is clearly polarized towards retake/reapply for the possible gains, most of the other advice I've gotten has been in line with I'm giving up good offers to head back into uncertainty a be at risk at having worse offers than i do now. No one seems to be concerned with that here for some reason as if I'm guaranteed what I have now upon reapplying if not more.
I would love to go to Cornell and will be pushing to get in there.