..

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

UCI
44
70%
UC Davis
19
30%
 
Total votes: 63

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Cobretti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:On the other hand the cougar hunting will be much better at UCI compared to UCD, if that's important to you :wink:

THE QUIET WOMAN!

Epyon!
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Epyon! » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

prāna wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:I wish there was a way to have a post minimum in order to post in a UCI thread. There are way too many low count posters who exclusively post in UCI threads.


I have a dream to not be judged by the count of my posts but by the content of my derps.


:lol: Bravo, sir.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Gotti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Gotti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

Exactly. And SoCal has much better weather than NorCal, and the beach is 15 mins away.

July 4 in Newport is HELLA FUN.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Cobretti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Gotti wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

Exactly. And SoCal has much better weather than NorCal, and the beach is 15 mins away.

July 4 in Newport is HELLA FUN.

woah there bro... are you sure you're socal?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 pm

I was gonna say, maybe the campus is boring but I'd be in Newport of Laguna every weekend. Laguna Canyon drive is like five minutes away from the campus.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Dr. Dre is by far a more thoughtful poster than any UCI white knight.

And you aren't considering the cause and effect: I had open-minded disdain (not really disdain, just rational skepticism that UCI would become a good school) for UCI, as I think many others did, UNTIL all the unwarranted praise and "UCI>USC" nonsense and white knighting started. Then, I shrewdly determined the students there are desperate for approval and recognition and doth protest too much, which soured my taste for the school as a whole. I don't mind students defending their school or finding qualities they personally like, but the UCI posters choose flawed reasoning purposefully (and in rather poor taste, considering this website is partially dedicated to spotting such flaws).

^How your "more thoughtful poster" usually responds.

And more importantly, what makes UCI supporters' logic so reprehensible? So far, the only fault I can find is that they extrapolate too much out of one year of hard employment data and anecdotal evidence from their own experiences on campus. Hardly a cardinal sin, hardly uncommon to other schools/supporters, and even if it were, hardly worthy of your overreaction to it. Frankly, I think that's much better than the haters who base their conclusions on no data, then mock anyone who tries to actually find out whether Irvine is the real deal or not. I could probably showcase three illogical UCI-hating, bordering-on-trolling posters for each overzealous UCI advocate. If your quest for logic is forcing you to disdain UCI supporters, where's your hatred for those who drink the Kool-Aid going the other way?


I think you are unwittingly ignoring relevant information. It's not just that they are using flawed reasoning, as you have pointed out yourself, it's their dedication to this reasoning and their refusal to abandon their flawed argument. When this white-knighting started, most posters did try to respond logically and coherently and at length to what they would say, until we have now realized the fruitlessness of that pursuit. When you rail against people mocking UCI you are isolating the effect and ignoring the cause that went into it. I used to attempt to discuss UCI rationally with an open-minded, and was incapable of finding people who supported UCI who were willing to do the same. Hence, when it comes up, it's easier to devolve into Dr. Dre-ish behavior because I have already attempted logical discourse and was cut-off at every pass. The main point to get across to OP is that UCI sucks. Davis sucks too. Don't go to either.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Gotti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Gotti wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

Exactly. And SoCal has much better weather than NorCal, and the beach is 15 mins away.

July 4 in Newport is HELLA FUN.

woah there bro... are you sure you're socal?

Nope I'm actually from norcal haha. Moved down to socal for UG

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I think you are unwittingly ignoring relevant information. It's not just that they are using flawed reasoning, as you have pointed out yourself, it's their dedication to this reasoning and their refusal to abandon their flawed argument. When this white-knighting started, most posters did try to respond logically and coherently and at length to what they would say, until we have now realized the fruitlessness of that pursuit. When you rail against people mocking UCI you are isolating the effect and ignoring the cause that went into it. I used to attempt to discuss UCI rationally with an open-minded, and was incapable of finding people who supported UCI who were willing to do the same. Hence, when it comes up, it's easier to devolve into Dr. Dre-ish behavior because I have already attempted logical discourse and was cut-off at every pass. The main point to get across to OP is that UCI sucks. Davis sucks too. Don't go to either.

Well, I'm not a white knight, I'm open-minded, I'm not a UCI student, but am a California kid, so dust off your attempted logical discourse and give it another try. I've been attempting logical discourse and am getting cut-off at every pass from the anti-UCI crowd, so why don't we both try to be rational about it all, hm? I'm willing to give it another go.

First of all, let's ditch this "It's not just that they are using flawed reasoning, as you have pointed out yourself, it's their dedication to this reasoning and their refusal to abandon their flawed argument" notion. I could say the same thing about this "city is boring" and "undergrad isn't prestigious enough" crap that's already made its rounds through multiple threads. Alright, tabula rasa here, why does UCI Law suck? If the best answer you can come up with is "because we don't know enough about it" (or any of its offshoots, ie "we don't know if the jobs numbers are sustainable"), then the conclusion shouldn't be that UCI Law sucks, it should simply be that UCI Law is an unknown, and you should dial down your rhetoric accordingly.

Is there any compelling logic to believe that the initial jobs numbers are a total mirage? No one thinks 100% employment and 30% clerkship numbers are sustainable, of course. But T20 percentages after accounting for a class size increase to 120? In effect, all they'd have to do is maintain their current discrete numbers; even if the percentages plummet with no growth of number of BigLaw jobs and clerkships, it still bottoms out at T20 levels (a considerable fall from above-HYS numbers, of course!). In my view, there are only two possibilities here: UCI is the real deal (which I'm defining as T20), or it's not. If the reality is that UCI is the real deal, then the initial numbers and anecdotes from C/O 2013 and 2014 students line up pretty faithfully so far. If the reality is that UCI is a mirage, then it will have to be despite these numbers and anecdotes. It very well may be a mirage, but to assume it is, and to conclude it is, in the face of increasing evidence to the contrary? Because of preconceived notions of what should and shouldn't work in the California market? That seems illogical to me. I didn't NoodleyOne my LSAT, but I know that I can't conclude that UCI is the real deal, and similarly, no one can make any conclusions that it isn't, either. So again, I ask: why does UCI Law suck?

User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby gitguy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:I was gonna say, maybe the campus is boring but I'd be in Newport of Laguna every weekend. Laguna Canyon drive is like five minutes away from the campus.


No one stays on campus over the weekend. It is largely a commuter campus.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I think you are unwittingly ignoring relevant information. It's not just that they are using flawed reasoning, as you have pointed out yourself, it's their dedication to this reasoning and their refusal to abandon their flawed argument. When this white-knighting started, most posters did try to respond logically and coherently and at length to what they would say, until we have now realized the fruitlessness of that pursuit. When you rail against people mocking UCI you are isolating the effect and ignoring the cause that went into it. I used to attempt to discuss UCI rationally with an open-minded, and was incapable of finding people who supported UCI who were willing to do the same. Hence, when it comes up, it's easier to devolve into Dr. Dre-ish behavior because I have already attempted logical discourse and was cut-off at every pass. The main point to get across to OP is that UCI sucks. Davis sucks too. Don't go to either.

Well, I'm not a white knight, I'm open-minded, I'm not a UCI student, but am a California kid, so dust off your attempted logical discourse and give it another try. I've been attempting logical discourse and am getting cut-off at every pass from the anti-UCI crowd, so why don't we both try to be rational about it all, hm? I'm willing to give it another go.

First of all, let's ditch this "It's not just that they are using flawed reasoning, as you have pointed out yourself, it's their dedication to this reasoning and their refusal to abandon their flawed argument" notion. I could say the same thing about this "city is boring" and "undergrad isn't prestigious enough" crap that's already made its rounds through multiple threads. Alright, tabula rasa here, why does UCI Law suck? If the best answer you can come up with is "because we don't know enough about it" (or any of its offshoots, ie "we don't know if the jobs numbers are sustainable"), then the conclusion shouldn't be that UCI Law sucks, it should simply be that UCI Law is an unknown, and you should dial down your rhetoric accordingly.

Is there any compelling logic to believe that the initial jobs numbers are a total mirage? No one thinks 100% employment and 30% clerkship numbers are sustainable, of course. But T20 percentages after accounting for a class size increase to 120? In effect, all they'd have to do is maintain their current discrete numbers; even if the percentages plummet with no growth of number of BigLaw jobs and clerkships, it still bottoms out at T20 levels (a considerable fall from above-HYS numbers, of course!). In my view, there are only two possibilities here: UCI is the real deal (which I'm defining as T20), or it's not. If the reality is that UCI is the real deal, then the initial numbers and anecdotes from C/O 2013 and 2014 students line up pretty faithfully so far. If the reality is that UCI is a mirage, then it will have to be despite these numbers and anecdotes. It very well may be a mirage, but to assume it is, and to conclude it is, in the face of increasing evidence to the contrary? Because of preconceived notions of what should and shouldn't work in the California market? That seems illogical to me. I didn't NoodleyOne my LSAT, but I know that I can't conclude that UCI is the real deal, and similarly, no one can make any conclusions that it isn't, either. So again, I ask: why does UCI Law suck?


I am fine with toning down the rhetoric. I think if you just look at my previous posts you will see why I think UCI law sucks, though I was also exaggerating a tad for dramatic effect, I cannot deny the white-knight bs has had a substantial effect on my thoughts.
Basically, your argument for why UCI is an unknown entity is exactly what I would argue. Then I would get inane and ridiculous responses which changed my conclusion from "UCI is an unknown entity" to "clearly UCI sucks because it breeds nothing but trolls." I admit my second conclusion is not perfectly valid, but I'm fine with that, I think there is substantial evidence on these boards to support it.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Lasers » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:49 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:so you're saying UCI places as well as USC/UCLA? even with UCI's tiny class size, that isn't true. it certainly won't be true once UCI's class size rapidly expands.

Lasers wrote:i know it's hard, but please resist the urge to make crazy conclusions until you have any evidence to back it up. it's silly.

Doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to admonish a pro-UCI poster for making positive conclusions based on limited data, but then in the same post, make negative conclusions based on conjecture?

you'll make a good lawyer with your selective editing. i backed off the certainty of my original post quite a bit; read the post in context. i said my guess is as good as any but at least the current evidence supports my point. but really, does it really matter? UCI is a risk that probably shouldn't be taken unless competing against a school like davis, which is a known disaster.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Lasers » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Gotti wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

Exactly. And SoCal has much better weather than NorCal, and the beach is 15 mins away.

July 4 in Newport is HELLA FUN.

irvine is way more interesting and fun than davis. davis is literally nowhere. irvine is close to a lot of cool places. just visit and you'll know what i'm talking about. no one is confined to the immediate area around campus.
Last edited by Lasers on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3401
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Lasers wrote:you'll make a good lawyer with your selective editing. i backed off the certainty of my original post quite a bit; read the post in context. i said my guess is as good as any but at least the current evidence supports my point. but really, does it really matter? UCI is a risk that probably shouldn't be taken unless competing against a school like davis, which is a known disaster.


This guy sums it up perfectly.

Only ONE guy ITT said UCI > USC in this post, and yet some of you are getting your panties up in a bunch about it. UCI is not a GREAT choice but it's the right one given that OP:

-Cannot retake. He's taken 4 times.
-Is set on law school and his two choices are between a potential disaster (UCI) vs. a disaster (Davis).

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Lasers wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:so you're saying UCI places as well as USC/UCLA? even with UCI's tiny class size, that isn't true. it certainly won't be true once UCI's class size rapidly expands.

Lasers wrote:i know it's hard, but please resist the urge to make crazy conclusions until you have any evidence to back it up. it's silly.

Doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to admonish a pro-UCI poster for making positive conclusions based on limited data, but then in the same post, make negative conclusions based on conjecture?

you'll make a good lawyer with your selective editing. i backed off the certainty of my original post quite a bit; read the post in context. i said my guess is as good as any but at least the current evidence supports my point. but really, does it really matter? UCI is a risk that probably shouldn't be taken unless competing against a school like davis, which is a known disaster.

Not selective editing. I just quoted an erroneous statement you made (and the conjecture-fueled conclusion you presented as "certain"), and then quoted you saying how silly it is to do exactly that. You may have backed off your certainty in your subsequent post, but it doesn't make your previous post any less erroneous.

But no worries: that issue, which was parenthetical at best, is unrelated to my main point, which is that while it is a large risk to assume UCI is the real deal (another parenthetical point: what school isn't a large risk for any number of reasons?), to assert that it's not the real deal because of that uncertainty is spreading misinformation. That's all. The risk may be rightfully too much to undertake for some, especially at the scholly level OP quoted. No argument there (although in OP's case, the correct answer is UCI over Davis). I'm not going to try to convince anyone it's going to be a T20 school. I believe it to be so given my personal research and dealings, but that shouldn't matter to anyone else. It just drives me up the wall when people unilaterally trash it for not-even-anecdotal reasons.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Lasers » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:so you're saying UCI places as well as USC/UCLA? even with UCI's tiny class size, that isn't true. it certainly won't be true once UCI's class size rapidly expands.

Lasers wrote:i know it's hard, but please resist the urge to make crazy conclusions until you have any evidence to back it up. it's silly.

Doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to admonish a pro-UCI poster for making positive conclusions based on limited data, but then in the same post, make negative conclusions based on conjecture?

you'll make a good lawyer with your selective editing. i backed off the certainty of my original post quite a bit; read the post in context. i said my guess is as good as any but at least the current evidence supports my point. but really, does it really matter? UCI is a risk that probably shouldn't be taken unless competing against a school like davis, which is a known disaster.

Not selective editing. I just quoted an erroneous statement you made (and the conjecture-fueled conclusion you presented as "certain"), and then quoted you saying how silly it is to do exactly that. You may have backed off your certainty in your subsequent post, but it doesn't make your previous post any less erroneous.

But no worries: that issue, which was parenthetical at best, is unrelated to my main point, which is that while it is a large risk to assume UCI is the real deal (another parenthetical point: what school isn't a large risk for any number of reasons?), to assert that it's not the real deal because of that uncertainty is spreading misinformation. That's all. The risk may be rightfully too much to undertake for some, especially at the scholly level OP quoted. No argument there (although in OP's case, the correct answer is UCI over Davis). I'm not going to try to convince anyone it's going to be a T20 school. I believe it to be so given my personal research and dealings, but that shouldn't matter to anyone else. It just drives me up the wall when people unilaterally trash it for not-even-anecdotal reasons.


my point was simply that basedI on the current numbers out, UCI is NOT on the same level as USC/UCLA, even with a minuscule class. any conclusion other than that is conjecture on either side.

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Lasers wrote:my point was simply that basedI on the current numbers out, UCI is NOT on the same level as USC/UCLA, even with a minuscule class. any conclusion other than that is conjecture on either side.

Well, for the sake of accuracy, based on the current numbers, with the miniscule class size, UCI is above USC, UCLA, and in fact most of the T14. That's not conjecture, that's fact. Also, wholly unsustainable due to sample size. Once the dust settles and the class size jumps to 120, then let's conjecture that it will settle in at No. 19, just behind UCLA and USC. That makes everyone (un)happy. Deal? :lol:

User avatar
J-e-L-L-o
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:29 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:my point was simply that basedI on the current numbers out, UCI is NOT on the same level as USC/UCLA, even with a minuscule class. any conclusion other than that is conjecture on either side.

Well, for the sake of accuracy, based on the current numbers, with the miniscule class size, UCI is above USC, UCLA, and in fact most of the T14. That's not conjecture, that's fact. Also, wholly unsustainable due to sample size. Once the dust settles and the class size jumps to 120, then let's conjecture that it will settle in at No. 19, just behind UCLA and USC. That makes everyone (un)happy. Deal? :lol:


Do you always write as if presenting a thesis or something?

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Lasers » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:33 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
Lasers wrote:my point was simply that basedI on the current numbers out, UCI is NOT on the same level as USC/UCLA, even with a minuscule class. any conclusion other than that is conjecture on either side.

Well, for the sake of accuracy, based on the current numbers, with the miniscule class size, UCI is above USC, UCLA, and in fact most of the T14. That's not conjecture, that's fact. Also, wholly unsustainable due to sample size. Once the dust settles and the class size jumps to 120, then let's conjecture that it will settle in at No. 19, just behind UCLA and USC. That makes everyone (un)happy. Deal? :lol:

am I missing something? the latest nlj numbers were 13/56 for UCI, were they not?

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 pm

J-e-L-L-o wrote:Do you always write as if presenting a thesis or something?

Yup, can't help it. To quote my favorite President, "in my family anyone who uses one word when they could have used ten just isn't trying hard." :lol:

Lasers wrote:am I missing something? the latest nlj numbers were 13/56 for UCI, were they not?

I'm tacking on the 28.6% federal clerkships.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

we have to put a moritorium on threads involving UCI. They always turn into dumb shitfights.

tl;dr of this thread, OP, don't go to UC davis Law: I won't say "go to UCI", but I will say don't go to davis in comparison to UCI, and you can investigate your options from there.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Borhas wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:5. We don't hate UCI, we inform people when they are considering terrible decisions.


why not?

Any new law school deserves hate. The students are ok, dont get me wrong. But whoever came up with the idea needs to go fuck himself.



those that think this putrid of a law school is a sound choice can go fuck themselves too

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby Gotti » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
Borhas wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:5. We don't hate UCI, we inform people when they are considering terrible decisions.


why not?

Any new law school deserves hate. The students are ok, dont get me wrong. But whoever came up with the idea needs to go fuck himself.



those that think this putrid of a law school is a sound choice can go fuck themselves too

I don't understand why you are butthurt about OTHER people going to UCI like it's affecting you in some way.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18408
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UC Irvine vs. UC Davis?

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Gotti wrote:Went to UCI UG, lived there for 5 years (1 year after graduating). The campus is beautiful, city is boring as hell.

I'd rather live there than Davis though. Unless you like to go cowtipping for your evening entertainment.


This. So. Much. This.

At least in Irvine, you can visit LA or SD. All Davis has is Sactown.

Man, haters gonna hate. Davis is fun in its own right. Irvine is as far from SD as Davis is from SF and I suspect that after traffic the drive from Davis to SF is about the same as Irvine to LA.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945 and 6 guests