T6 vs T10 vs T14

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:yo, i'm getting tired of this, wtf...do you understand the joke? i lived in the middle of the shit, cry me a fucking river. the library caught fire unrelated to anything. you have no idea what the joke is about...nothing to see here...how about you all chill out?


Shut up weirdo.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:yo, i'm getting tired of this, wtf...do you understand the joke? i lived in the middle of the shit, cry me a fucking river. the library caught fire unrelated to anything. you have no idea what the joke is about...nothing to see here...how about you all chill out?


Shut up weirdo.


oh look we got a badass here...

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Crowing » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:02 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:The difference between T6 and T14 is more national placement ability for the majority of its candidates than anything. Median from Columbia or Chicago, and NYU can get you a biglaw job in Seattle, Tampa, or Orange County.


keep telling yourself that.

how does leiter feel about the shootings at mit? they went for THE SCHOLARSHIP!

Dude. Not cool.


yo, i'm getting tired of this, wtf...do you understand the joke? i lived in the middle of the shit, cry me a fucking river. the library caught fire unrelated to anything. you have no idea what the joke is about...nothing to see here...how about you all chill out?

edit: to all the 0l's this is the kind of insufferable shit you have to deal with on a daily basis. you can't even make a joke without riling up somebody...there's always the chick who won't stop posting about cats and overplayed when-in-law-school tumblr stuff, gluten-free-product-havers, effete dudes who won't shut up about crossFit...puppy-savers, kumbaya-singers, some bow-tied aspie on the planning committee of FedSoc who corrects grammar over on the internet, obsesses over italicized commas irl, and can't imagine ever missing class..god forbid, that guy who goes to chicago, almost everybody who goes to chicago etc etc., they're all insufferable.


This is a pretty mad post bro.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
edit: to all the 0l's this is the kind of insufferable shit you have to deal with on a daily basis. you can't even make a joke without riling up somebody


Awww shit. Looks like I'm going to have a rough time in law school :lol:

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:The difference between T6 and T14 is more national placement ability for the majority of its candidates than anything. Median from Columbia or Chicago, and NYU can get you a biglaw job in Seattle, Tampa, or Orange County.


keep telling yourself that.

how does leiter feel about the shootings at mit? they went for THE SCHOLARSHIP!

Dude. Not cool.


yo, i'm getting tired of this, wtf...do you understand the joke? i lived in the middle of the shit, cry me a fucking river. the library caught fire unrelated to anything. you have no idea what the joke is about...nothing to see here...how about you all chill out?

edit: to all the 0l's this is the kind of insufferable shit you have to deal with on a daily basis. you can't even make a joke without riling up somebody...there's always the chick who won't stop posting about cats and overplayed when-in-law-school tumblr stuff, gluten-free-product-havers, effete dudes who won't shut up about crossFit...puppy-savers, kumbaya-singers, some bow-tied aspie on the planning committee of FedSoc who corrects grammar over on the internet, obsesses over italicized commas irl, and can't imagine ever missing class..god forbid, that guy who goes to chicago, almost everybody who goes to chicago etc etc., they're all insufferable.

you are providing a good example of what insufferable law students are like, but not in the way you think

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:27 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote: you are providing a good example of what insufferable law students are like, but not in the way you think


are you the same dude/dudette who was going on and on about how law school has taught you all sorts of "valuable skills" in some other thread? you go, man, you're gonna show em, right? I can imagine some partners at WilmerHale totally appreciative of your mastery of promissory estoppel. your encyclopedic knowledge of the battle of the forms will surely come in handy in transactional practice. perhaps quinn will be dying to accommodate your expertise in chevron.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote: you are providing a good example of what insufferable law students are like, but not in the way you think


are you the same dude/dudette who was going on and on about how law school has taught you all sorts of "valuable skills" in some other thread? you go, man, you're gonna show em, right? I can imagine some partners at WilmerHale totally appreciative of your mastery of promissory estoppel. your encyclopedic knowledge of the battle of the forms will surely come in handy in transactional practice. perhaps quinn will be dying to accommodate your expertise in chevron.

...

Dude, you're just a dick.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Cobretti » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:35 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote: you are providing a good example of what insufferable law students are like, but not in the way you think


are you the same dude/dudette who was going on and on about how law school has taught you all sorts of "valuable skills" in some other thread? you go, man, you're gonna show em, right? I can imagine some partners at WilmerHale totally appreciative of your mastery of promissory estoppel. your encyclopedic knowledge of the battle of the forms will surely come in handy in transactional practice. perhaps quinn will be dying to accommodate your expertise in chevron.

...

Dude, you're just a dick.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

this thread was good but also now bad. why did useful T14 LRAP discussion must go away?

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote: you are providing a good example of what insufferable law students are like, but not in the way you think


are you the same dude/dudette who was going on and on about how law school has taught you all sorts of "valuable skills" in some other thread? you go, man, you're gonna show em, right? I can imagine some partners at WilmerHale totally appreciative of your mastery of promissory estoppel. your encyclopedic knowledge of the battle of the forms will surely come in handy in transactional practice. perhaps quinn will be dying to accommodate your expertise in chevron.

...

Dude, you're just a dick.


greetings,

to be fair, i'll take that as a compliment from the guy who has amassed over 3,000 posts in record fashion half of which are dedicated to telling internet strangers what he scored on the LSAT. Don't get offended by this, but are you autistic? I mean this in the best possible way, sorry if it offends you but I'm simply trying to understand you.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby ph5354a » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm interested to see how my c/o 2016 comrades react to this anti-Noodley nonsense.

In the match-up of helpful TLSer vs. person who uses the word "dudette," my money is on the former.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby untar614 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

ph5354a wrote:I'm interested to see how my c/o 2016 comrades react to this anti-Noodley nonsense.

In the match-up of helpful TLSer vs. person who uses the word "dudette," my money is on the former.

alas, there is no thumbsup "smiley" to use, but yeah, this is amusing.

User avatar
jvincent11
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby jvincent11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Pneumonia wrote:this thread was good but also now bad. why did useful T14 LRAP discussion must go away?


Seriously. Take this childish argument elsewhere.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:53 pm

I also like how 3k posts in almost a year is now a record. I'm positive many loungers rack up 3k posts each couple of months.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby bk1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Any subsequent off topic posts will get you tempbanned. That includes responding to this warning in any way.

User avatar
CommoBlue
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby CommoBlue » Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Ya not really sure what you're looking for career-wise, but if you're concerned about the T-6 distinction I assume you at least somewhat want NYC biglaw (otherwise the distinction isn't really relevant).

In my experience it's something like YH/SCN/ChP/CVD(with Cornell getting a bit of a bump above its rank)/MB (probably only a half step down at best and mostly due to self-selection)/NG.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Micdiddy » Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 pm

CommoBlue wrote:Ya not really sure what you're looking for career-wise, but if you're concerned about the T-6 distinction I assume you at least somewhat want NYC biglaw (otherwise the distinction isn't really relevant).

In my experience it's something like YH/SCN/ChP/CVD(with Cornell getting a bit of a bump above its rank)/MB (probably only a half step down at best and mostly due to self-selection)/NG.


Um, nice necro, but Op made her decision weeks ago.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Teflon_Don » Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 pm

bk1 wrote:Any subsequent off topic posts will get you tempbanned. That includes responding to this warning in any way.


Suck my banned dick!

User has been tempbanned for long time.

User avatar
thefuturenow
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby thefuturenow » Mon May 27, 2013 11:57 pm

LittleTree wrote:Twinkle, I've read a lot of your posts and followed your cycle closely because we've had some similar options. I wanna say that it's been really fun to read through your decision-making process but, as a lurker, this post made me wanna come in and offer a few words of advice.

I entirely understand that law school is a financial gamble and that you don't want to wake up thirty (or even just 2, after OCI) years from now thinking "well crap, I should have gone to X." What I wanted to jump in here to say is that all of your options are good. You should be proud of what you've accomplished and will accomplish but I think you're now making distinctions between schools that are far too minor.

I'm a 0L too but I really think that with the schools you're deciding between, your career is going to be determined by how well you do and that all of the schools you're really considering will provide you with opportunities that are close enough to each other in terms of prestige or pay that you should look to things other than rank or placement now. We like to pretend on here that law school is something that should be decided just by benefit-cost analysis but I'll argue to the day I die that there is still an intrinsic worth to an education. I think a lot of that worth will be determined by how happy you are at whatever school you end up at.

I know this may come across as emotional and you may feel that we just need to be looking at the hard facts now, but I really think you've gotten to a point where TLS or any other chat forum can't help you. You're gonna be fine at any of your choices and a few % points of placement or 3 USNWR rankings shouldn't be the deciding factor (I would say it should if the gap were wider). Don't you just have a feeling about one of these schools? Doesn't one of them stand out to you more than the other? Go somewhere where you could imagine spending three happy years because a median student from any option you have is gonna have very similar prospects. Also, take a second to pat yourself on the back because there are a lot of people making a lot worse decisions than you around this looming deposit deadline.


TTCR.

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Real Madrid wrote: Clearly the only tiers that matter are T3 and T14.


This is probably the closest thing to true we can say with the stereotypical nature of this process. The T14 is the T14 for a reason--it's been that way for quite a long time now. HYS, in a more recent time frame, has pretty much solidified itself as the place where you will find most of the 1,000 most elite applicants per year. In a field where prestige is pretty stubborn, the most important distinctions become the most durable. Yes, T6 has been T6 ever since Michigan sort of fell off the wagon a little bit, but the distinctions between CCN and the lower T14 are small enough to the point where regional differences matter more relative to the other distinctions. While I'm sure there's a fair number of those claiming "I'm a Wachtell first year associate and we'd never hire a grad of NorthwesTTTern", the region of practice for schools 4-14 is a much better predictor of how well a grad of School X will place, rather than its actual number. Yes, there are differences between the others, but they're very small and only matter in the context of hyper-competitive places where little differences are magnified. (Slightly OT: Did we ever figure out why Cravath went years and years without hiring a Stanford grad?)

Or, to speak broadly, HYS are the schools where you are usually first in line for anything you want. T14 are the schools where you will usually have a nationally-portable degree.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby francesfarmer » Tue May 28, 2013 11:44 am

CLS LRAP is not necessarily tied to IBR either, though if you choose to combine it with IBR, your income cap is higher before you have to start contributing a portion of your earnings above the cap (70k as opposed to 50k).

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:The difference between T6 and T14 is more national placement ability for the majority of its candidates than anything. Median from Columbia or Chicago, and NYU can get you a biglaw job in Seattle, Tampa, or Orange County.


keep telling yourself that.

how does leiter feel about the shootings at mit? they went for THE SCHOLARSHIP!


Too soon, man.

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
Real Madrid wrote: Clearly the only tiers that matter are T3 and T14.

Or, to speak broadly, HYS are the schools where you are usually first in line for anything you want. T14 are the schools where you will usually have a nationally-portable degree.


Great synopsis.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:True. I think the t10s I visited during ASW would beg to differ :lol: they ALL talked about it.


Northwestern is consistently referred to as a T10 by it's administration. It's pretty funny.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby Micdiddy » Tue May 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:True. I think the t10s I visited during ASW would beg to differ :lol: they ALL talked about it.


Northwestern is consistently referred to as a T10 by it's administration. It's pretty funny.


Are they using Cooley rankings?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby IAFG » Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:True. I think the t10s I visited during ASW would beg to differ :lol: they ALL talked about it.


Northwestern is consistently referred to as a T10 by it's administration. It's pretty funny.


Are they using Cooley rankings?

probably employment rankings.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, laqueredup and 9 guests